2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club

2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/index.php)
-   Body, Chassis & Interior (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   A little seat repair (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/showthread.php?t=137024)

jbrad88 06-02-2020 08:32 AM

A little seat repair

2 Attachment(s)
Went ahead and had the outer bolster repaired on the driver seat. Wish the original comfort weave was still around. Trim shop said stay away from the TMI covers LMR sells.
Anyway couple pics for comparison before and after.

falcongtho3 06-02-2020 07:29 PM

Re: A little seat repair

Looks awesome. Hope I can get mine back in the same shape.

:borg:

Big Ron 06-02-2020 08:43 PM

Looks good. Did they just match the color or did you have to buy a seat cover? Color is a good match. Does it have a color name?

Big Ron

bluoval 06-02-2020 09:26 PM

Turned out good! Did trim shop say why to stay away from TMI covers?

jbrad88 06-02-2020 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bluoval (Post 1636221)
Turned out good! Did trim shop say why to stay away from TMI covers?

Materials were not durable, fitment issues. that kind of thing...more of a general statement about the quality of their line, not specifically the replacement covers for our cars.

They did say that the carpets from ACC are quality pieces though...

BONESTOCK 06-03-2020 07:28 AM

Looks great!

ab_mach1 06-03-2020 01:23 PM

Looks very good. I need to do this too.

311-420 06-03-2020 11:32 PM

Looks good! Did you take the seat out and leave it with him or did you stay and wait while he did it?

jbrad88 06-04-2020 08:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 311-420 (Post 1636232)
Looks good! Did you take the seat out and leave it with him or did you stay and wait while he did it?

Took the seat out and took it to him.
a little paranoid about leaving the car over a weekend.

Good thing my 19 has big doors and is a big car LOL. i don't have a truck...

DSG2003Mach1 06-04-2020 08:45 AM

looks brand new!

What did they charge for that?

jbrad88 06-04-2020 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DSG2003Mach1 (Post 1636238)
looks brand new!

What did they charge for that?

$250.00

Which is a little high in my opinion but was consistent for the shops I called. Plus I have worked with this shop professionally for years...

My worry with the tear was damage to the foam which they worked on too.

FlyMACH1 06-06-2020 05:16 PM

Anyone ever had the lumbar support repaired?
Mine doesn't hold air, and I'm wondering where I would take it.
(preferably not to the dealer)

GONEN6T 06-06-2020 05:23 PM

Nice so the bolster is leather right
So what did he use

jbrad88 06-06-2020 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GONEN6T (Post 1636261)
Nice so the bolster is leather right
So what did he use

The forward facing section is leather, the sides are a Vinyl from the factory from what he said.
Material feels and looks the same as stock and color match is just about perfect. At least you cannot really see a big difference at all

falcongtho3 06-06-2020 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FlyMACH1 (Post 1636260)
Anyone ever had the lumbar support repaired?
Mine doesn't hold air, and I'm wondering where I would take it.
(preferably not to the dealer)

Mine seems to have a support strap/bracket failing. It inflates and holds, but it pushes all towards the back seat!?! The intrior guy I spoke with seemed familiar with the fix on it. If the bladder is bad, I'm sure that can be replaced if needed on yours.

jbrad88 06-07-2020 07:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by falcongtho3 (Post 1636264)
Mine seems to have a support strap/bracket failing. It inflates and holds, but it pushes all towards the back seat!?! The intrior guy I spoke with seemed familiar with the fix on it. If the bladder is bad, I'm sure that can be replaced if needed on yours.

One positive is that a lot of the seat parts are fairly common. Only thing is the comfort-weave center sections that are an issue. Need to start looking for some used seats locally where the centers are in good shape.

Seems just like yesterday we were getting excited about these cars coming out...and now we are talking about restoration stuff more and more.

Been a great 17 years so far though...

311-420 06-07-2020 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbrad88 (Post 1636236)
Took the seat out and took it to him.
a little paranoid about leaving the car over a weekend.

Good thing my 19 has big doors and is a big car LOL. i don't have a truck...

I would be paranoid about that also. Really don't even like the idea of leaving my seat anywhere. But that's probably the only way a shop will do it.

jbrad88 06-07-2020 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 311-420 (Post 1636268)
I would be paranoid about that also. Really don't even like the idea of leaving my seat anywhere. But that's probably the only way a shop will do it.

worked with this shop professionally for years. The original owners son is the one I worked with. He is also a Mustang fan, had a big HP terminator at one time...he understands the car and he was funny in that he said the Mach 1 owners are much more particular than the terminator owners or other later-model mustang owners. We won't give up our Comfort-weave seats easily...

Much easier to leave the seat than the whole car though.

Big Ron 09-19-2020 11:54 AM

This thread gave me the kick in the a$$ that I needed
to get my driver's seat refurbished. It has been in a worn condition for the last 13 years since it was a daily driver. Took it to local guy that only works 4 hours a day. Took almost 6 weeks to get in and took a week for the actual work. He replaced the outside bolster area on the upper seat and the lower seat and redid the middle of the actual seat.

So guess I'm good to go. The back seats have never been sat in and the passenger seat looks like new. I've learned a new way to get in so hope that helps. Total price was $275. Now I can open my driver's door at car shows instead of the passenger side.

Big Ron

ASH302 09-19-2020 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big Ron (Post 1636939)
This thread gave me the kick in the a$$ that I needed
to get my driver's seat refurbished. It has been in a worn condition for the last 13 years since it was a daily driver. Took it to local guy that only works 4 hours a day. Took almost 6 weeks to get in and took a week for the actual work. He replaced the outside bolster area on the upper seat and the lower seat and redid the middle of the actual seat.

So guess I'm good to go. The back seats have never been sat in and the passenger seat looks like new. I've learned a new way to get in so hope that helps. Total price was $275. Now I can open my driver's door at car shows instead of the passenger side.

Big Ron

LOL, you got pictures of this.
Mine in the Mach isn't bad, but will need redone in a few years, not a concern right now.

ASh

falcongtho3 09-20-2020 10:16 AM

That's next on my list. Glad there's hope out there.