2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club

2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Registry Discussion (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   NASCAR thread (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/showthread.php?t=55315)

gvervoren 06-26-2007 09:11 PM

Re: NASCAR thread

Quote:

Originally Posted by ylopony (Post 814582)
I think the point was made very well with both Johnson and Gordon as well as Earnhardt. To just all of a sudden level something more would not be correct. If Nascar wants to make it tougher then they should announce from here on out the penalties will be more severe.

Some of you feel a driver suspension should have happened because of your disdain for the Hendricks cars and these two drivers in particular. They were penalized heavily and with past actions, especially earlier in the year with Waltrip, this was very fair.

Now here is something else for you all to think about. The question was brought up last night on the Speed Channel about Mark Martin driving for Gordon. If Gordon would not have been there to race and Martin was driving for him Mark would have received the driver point penalty and not Jeff. Now that would have really blown a few of your stacks out there. LOL

It was a fair decision in this case. I'm not saying suspend the drivers because it was Hendricks. I like the Hendrick teams also. They are just not my favorite. I also do not feel that NASCAR lets them get away with more stuff then any other team. People just notice it more because they don't like the drivers. I'm just simply saying that obviously the penalties that they are giving out now doesn't seem to work that great so they need to be more severe. Regardless of who it is. In this particular case, NASCAR did the right thing and gave them the same penalty that JR. got. I just think like what you said, they should tell the teams that the penalties will be more severe from hear on out. That should cut down on the cheating..

gvervoren 06-26-2007 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blackpony04 (Post 814596)
I agree with all the fines and points docking but I don't feel suspending drivers is necessary in these cases. These guys for the most part are not the drivers of old that used to turn their own wrenches and instead are celebrities spending 90% of their down time entertaining sponsors and fans. I'd shite a brick if I ever saw Jeff Gordon under one of those cars...which is why I like Ryan Newman...a Purdue graduate in Mechanical engineering! He knows how to build a car!

I still say however that Kurt Busch most definitely should have been suspended after nearly running over a jackman in the pits! :mad:

I'm also a Newman fan. Great driver and he knows what he's doing. Very smart.

gvervoren 06-26-2007 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by G (Post 814666)
On further looking into this the guy did not have a jack and was not working on the car. He was inspecting the right front fender and was essentially a lookout. What you guys forget is these guys enter the pits all the time with guys fully to the right of the car. It's kind of like a ML pitcher hitting a batter, normally the ball is exactly where they want it. If Kurt intended to hit him he would have been hit.

The member of the 20 crew that came over with the deadblow hammer was ONLY there to use it on Kurt and or the 2 car. While Kurt was wrong for what he did, it has been blown way out of sight. Tim Brewer on the video is a former crew chief and has an axe to grind with Busch. I don't agree with his analysis and if you notice where the NASCAR official is, that's where the one guy over the wall should have been too.

It's NO excuse, Busch got what he deserved and NASCAR discussed the event with the 20 crew members involved as well. If you look at the entire race Stewart was an AZZ the whole time. Kurt should have got his car fixed and moved on to another event before putting him in the wall. Check out the video and tell me Stewarts not an AZZ.

http://video.nascarblog.org/item/NNTJ6Z2798R3V0FJ

I can't stand either one of these guys but Kurt may actually be getting his act together. I'm mad at Stewart for making me defend, ever so slightly, the actions of Kurt Busch. :OUCH:

If you notice, Stewart never backed off until Busch was completly spinning out. He helped him get into the wall.

falcongtho3 06-26-2007 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gvervoren (Post 814690)
If you notice, Stewart never backed off until Busch was completly spinning out. He helped him get into the wall.

:agree:

If you watch closely, Tony Stupid...I mean Stewart spins him, and then after backing off to get a good run on him, rams him. Kurt was inthe wrong, but he was baited big time. NASCAR was right in its penalty towards KB, but shold have slapped Tony down as well. He's no angel, and has the history to prove it. Someone's goign to get real hurt one day, and he's going to be involved somehow, someway.
:borg:

G 06-26-2007 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by falcongtho3 (Post 814703)
:agree:

If you watch closely, Tony Stupid...I mean Stewart spins him, and then after backing off to get a good run on him, rams him. Kurt was inthe wrong, but he was baited big time. NASCAR was right in its penalty towards KB, but shold have slapped Tony down as well. He's no angel, and has the history to prove it. Someone's goign to get real hurt one day, and he's going to be involved somehow, someway.

:agree: It could be him when folks get fed up. :tongue:

G 06-26-2007 11:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mach1Marauder (Post 814730)
What Happened??????????????????????????????

Stewarts a punk and Kurt was stupid --- AGAIN.

See the video I posted above.

MCHNROL 06-27-2007 01:54 AM

Kurt needs punched in the face....again!:23:

ylopony 06-27-2007 06:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MCHNROL (Post 814846)
Kurt needs punched in the face....again!:23:

I think Kurt and Tony both need something to hit them in the head. Both of these drivers are an absolute disgrace to Nascar. And to think that Joe Gibbs was so worried about image that he wouldn't want JR. with a Budweiser sponsor. I think Stewart hurts the teams imager more than a beer sponsor would.

MCHNROL 06-27-2007 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ylopony (Post 814867)
I think Kurt and Tony both need something to hit them in the head. Both of these drivers are an absolute disgrace to Nascar. And to think that Joe Gibbs was so worried about image that he wouldn't want JR. with a Budweiser sponsor. I think Stewart hurts the teams imager more than a beer sponsor would.

I feel that Tony is being a brat, picking on Kurt. Kurt is my least favorite and so what happens to him is funny. M1Ms comment and what Kurt did was what I was refering to. Kurt is dangerous. Tony is no worse than Earnhardt Sr. was. I really haven't been following it this year. I have Dish turned off right now so my Speed channel is now defunct. I'm not even watching the races. I can only keep up on here and that is a stretch because I have no interest in nascar right now.

How do you like that new MKZ?

RnJstel 06-28-2007 09:32 PM

Speaking of Gibbs,

Gibbs is reported to be switching to TOILETTA next year!

Read all about it on jayski.com

Unfrickinbeliveable

Azure Blurr 06-28-2007 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mach1Marauder (Post 814730)
What Happened??????????????????????????????

N00B..................:smack:

falcongtho3 06-28-2007 09:52 PM

Don't pay attention to him. All he cares about is that 'pretend' racing...:flamedevi :23:

02mach1 06-29-2007 01:35 AM

Is not ture Gibbs is think hard moving to Ford if Chevy don't give him a good contact.

gvervoren 06-29-2007 12:06 PM

That would be cool if they went to Ford. Granted I am not a fan of any of the drivers (Denny's ok though) but it might put more in the wins catagory for the Fords.

falcongtho3 06-29-2007 07:28 PM

The world as we know is is about to start crumbling around us. Toyota's got a pole...

At least Mikey's out another race.

Blackpony04 06-29-2007 07:47 PM

....oh crap. That's just gonna encourage them!! :wall:

gvervoren 06-29-2007 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by falcongtho3 (Post 816333)
The world as we know is is about to start crumbling around us. Toyota's got a pole...

:wall: :wall: :wall: :wall:

Well at least they didn't win a race yet.

falcongtho3 06-29-2007 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gvervoren (Post 816375)
:wall: :wall: :wall: :wall:

Well at least they didn't win a race yet.

Yeah, but they hadn't gotten a pole, YET...

Until today...

gvervoren 06-29-2007 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by falcongtho3 (Post 816401)
Yeah, but they hadn't gotten a pole, YET...

Until today...

Yeah I know but a pole doesn't really mean anything. You just get a better starting position and 1st pit box selection. I'm sure the Toyotas will fall towards the back early. (I hope). LOL

falcongtho3 06-29-2007 10:10 PM

I hope you're right, but I see it as a sign that Toyota's getting thing in order to make a run for the Cup sooner than later...

falcongtho3 06-30-2007 07:36 AM

Should anyone think there's no equality in the penalties being handed out, the Brian Vickers Toyota (Red Bull) was booted out of the race for being 1/8" too low in the front! NASCAR is giving no quarter in compliance issues, none!

gvervoren 06-30-2007 08:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by falcongtho3 (Post 816524)
Should anyone think there's no equality in the penalties being handed out, the Brian Vickers Toyota (Red Bull) was booted out of the race for being 1/8" too low in the front! NASCAR is giving no quarter in compliance issues, none!

I think that was a little unfair. There were much greater penalties then that earlier this year and they only had to start in the back of the field.

ylopony 06-30-2007 08:07 AM

When I posted about a week or so ago that eventually Toyota would figure this thing out I had no idea it would be so soon. Sure it was just a pole, but you are seeing them run more and more competitive each week and have even managed a top ten. Unfortunately it's only a matter of time before they pass the checkered flag in first. But it won't be this week.

As for Vickers. Even in a Toyota that is a tough one. There could be all kinds of reasons for that car to be lower on the one front side. It could be a bad front shock or strut. I doubt that cheating was any intention here. I personally think that Nascar should look at those parts before they penalize a team. The car may be fine in practice, qualifying, or in the race and settles a little afterwards and is now to low. If deemed a defective part I don't think a team should be hit, not even a Toyota.

Good luck to my favorite cars(yes you know who they are. LOL) #24 and the #48 And here's hoping my favorite Ford can finally get out of his slump in the #17. And nothing but bad things to the #20,#5, and #2 Cars. :THUMBSUP: