2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club

2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Registry Discussion (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   NASCAR thread (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/showthread.php?t=55315)

Thunderbolt 08-23-2014 09:16 PM

Re: NASCAR thread

So what's the deal with Stewart? He's been out for 3 races now. Is he just lying low till the heat is off?

not a gt 08-23-2014 09:47 PM

Yea seems like it. Freakin Johnson has had TWO speeding penalties and running 4th :Flame:, the #43 Ford got a s**tty deal..not the usual Bristol, kinda boring but it seems NASCAR itself is boring nowadays!!

mach460 08-24-2014 06:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thunderbolt (Post 1585465)
Benny Parsons was a good commentator. Jarrett is good. Rust Wallace is a good one. You could even include say Mark Martin, or someone of that caliber who was good, and a class act, just never won a title.

Don't forget Ned Jarrett.... yeah old BP was the best..

blown03Mach1 08-24-2014 12:11 PM

Last night I was getting sick and tired of the commentators so I just turned off the volume. For once I would like to watch a race without listening to the commentators sounding like a bunch of old hags in their red hats sitting around telling all their gossip stories.

If those guys know all there is to know about winning races, why are they not paid by a team to help win races?

311-420 08-24-2014 12:40 PM

Wow. The hate is thick in here. Maybe stop watching if it doesn't bring you pleasure? Just an idea....

Thunderbolt 08-24-2014 01:12 PM

Since when don't the commentators of any sport blather on constantly? That's what they get paid to do. Maybe they should do what the NFL did back in 1983. They telecast one game with absolutely no commentators. The tv was silent except for hearing the refs whistles, crowds roars, and players grunting. It flopped. People wanted the commentators back.

I'll watch the Atlanta race next week, and then it's nothing but NFL football from then on.

311-420 08-24-2014 04:31 PM

I happen to appreciate the commentary. As much as I know about current-day stock car racing (which I'd guess is as much if not more than anyone else here), I still learn from the commentary at every race. Kyle petty and wally dallenbach can be annoying when they try to talk over one another, but besides that I enjoy the commentators. Even the waltrips. :23:

blown03Mach1 08-24-2014 05:33 PM

I may have eye issues, but I am not completely blind and as such I do not need someone telling a blow by blow of what captain obvious can see is happening on tv. If a car is fast, he is fast, if he has a flat, I see a flat. If one runs out of gas, I can see that as well. I am not learning crap from these guys and intact I think they spew more wrong information (watch them next race and see how many times they are wrong about calling something) then they are about bringing something useful to the screen.

BTW I enjoy all forms of motors sports so turning off the tv is not an option, but I can watch with the volume turned off.

Thunderbolt 08-24-2014 06:55 PM

One of the things I hate is when the commentators start talking about a fuel mileage race and if the cars can go 40 laps or more (depending on the tack) in the last part of the race without a caution. You already know their's a 99.9% chance that isn't gonna happen, so why even say it.

blown03Mach1 10-11-2014 11:36 PM

Blue Deuce showed how big of an zzz hat he is tonight.

TKat13 10-12-2014 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blown03Mach1 (Post 1590192)
Blue Deuce showed how big of an zzz hat he is tonight.

Agreed, he was only mad because others are starting to race him the way he races them... it was only a matter of time before the other drivers repaid #2. Funny how he saw nothing wrong with what he did to Kennseth but mad as heck with the 11 but the roles were just reversed. I was :23:

Loved how Tony instantly repaid him by destroying the 2's front end.

blown03Mach1 10-12-2014 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TKat13 (Post 1590211)
Loved how Tony instantly repaid him by destroying the 2's front end.

That was great! I seriously want to see someone take him out in each of the remaining races.

falcongtho3 10-19-2014 09:36 PM

That's three Hendrick minions out in one fell swoop. I'm quite sure the NASCAR brain trust (oxymoron?) is jumping out of skyscrapers about now.
As much as I don't really car for Brad, at least he's in and the three Chebby guys are out...
:borg:

not a gt 10-19-2014 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by falcongtho3 (Post 1590663)
That's three Hendrick minions out in one fell swoop. I'm quite sure the NASCAR brain trust (oxymoron?) is jumping out of skyscrapers about now.
As much as I don't really car for Brad, at least he's in and the three Chebby guys are out...

Agree, guess they will have to change the Chase format again so it won't happen next year!! :bs:

bris09 10-20-2014 08:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by not a gt (Post 1590664)
Agree, guess they will have to change the Chase format again so it won't happen next year!! :bs:

I was thinking the same thing when I saw Junior and Johnson were out.

Anyone else see a provisional spot for each round in the future?

TKat13 10-20-2014 04:53 PM

haha, you guys are harsh. I was hoping Jr. would pull out a win but could care less about the 48. However, would pull for Jr. if he was at Hendrick or somewhere else.

I just want 4 great drivers in the last race and all 4 being extremely equal, fighting for the the win. Not 1 great driver and 3 lame ducks. Given this it appears as though the 4, 24, 2 and 22 would make the best show but not a fan of the latter 2.

Bummer about the 18, hate to see something like that ruin his chances.

Brad is just a tool, his actions last week back everything up that I thought about him. He can serve it up, but cannot take the same.Love the radio telling his guys to be ready after the race, I suspect he wanted them to protect him after he used his car to fight with. Little man he is...

I expect the 22 and the 2 to be taken out very soon, Danica owes the 22.

falcongtho3 11-03-2014 06:46 AM

So they threw a race and a hockey game broke out?
Harvick certainly showed what a 'man' he is.
I wonder if Gordon is enjoying all the crow he gets to eat after realizing how not guilty Brad really is in the whole deal.

not a gt 11-03-2014 08:10 AM

Man that was INSANE :eek:!! There was one dude in a black/yellow coverall was wearing someone out, everyone is so tired of Brad and he said it perfect in post race interview..racing for a championship, rubbing isn't trying to wreck people!! Go Brad :)

Thunderbolt 11-03-2014 07:08 PM

After seeing the video, it didn't really look that bad to me. I guarantee you if Kyle Bush had that same chance to make a move like that, he'd do it. I liked how Harvick spun Keselowski around and pushed him towards the fight. Gordon is such a pussy anyway.

MAD_MACh1 11-03-2014 08:06 PM

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B1hKklCCMAAmpyY.jpg:large

#Harvicking

From Dale jr on twitter

Lol

blown03Mach1 11-03-2014 10:49 PM

Couple of points from the race.

1. I am a Gordon fan and I don't feel that Brad did anything wrong.

2. Jef went over to "talk" to Brad, and good ole fart sniffing, soft shoed, no back bone Harvick instigated the whole brawl by pushing Azzlowski in the back so he would appear to be coming after Gordon.

3. Azzlowski needs to be taken out of contention in the next race by a non-er (someone no vying for the championship) to put Azzlowski back in his place.

4. Congratulations to NASCAR, you guys screwed the racing up so bad over the past 10 years that you now had to resort to making the post race actions more exciting than the on track racing. SMH. I really don't know why I bother watching as few laps as I do since ASSCAR just aint the same any more....

5. At this point I could care less who wins the championship as it is all a bunch of high school drama queens out there with their eye on the prize.

MAD_MACh1 11-15-2014 10:40 PM

Heard the perfect take on this Chase for the Cup from Fox Sports before the truck race Friday night.

"All the best drivers in NASCAR! Watch someone else win the cup"

WalkrTexasRngr 11-16-2014 07:35 PM

As a Harvick fan for at least 14 years, I can't believe this day has come. I think the best driver and car won the chase. No denying it.

Thunderbolt 11-16-2014 07:46 PM

I caught the last 40 laps of the race which was the perfect time to start watching it. I wouldn't be surprised if Logano goes postal on his pit crew. That was pretty exciting watching the last few restarts. Could'nt ask for a better finish to the season than that.

falcongtho3 11-16-2014 09:44 PM

Wow, there really is a Harvick fan on here. Congrats to him and his crew and fan(s). Now we can wait and see how NASCAR tries to change the chase format...again...so Jr. could actually win it all...