2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club

2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Registry Discussion (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   NASCAR thread (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/showthread.php?t=55315)

gbranton 06-22-2009 10:24 AM

Re: NASCAR thread

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thunderbolt (Post 1166545)
Wow. Ken Stabler as the Grand Marshall. I have'nt seen that guy since he played 30 years ago, but I knew as soon as I saw him who it was.

His latest booking photo appears periodically on the front page of the local paper so we don't forget what he looks like.

ylopony 06-29-2009 08:01 AM

Another week, another track, and is it any surprise that once again Kyle Busch is getting a lot of attention. Dale Jr spins the tires(as he usually does) on a restart, everyone manages to avoid contact except, you got it, Kyle. I'm surprised the punk actually apologized afteward and took responsibility.

As for the winner, Logano, I'll agree that pit strategy, taking chances with the weather and etc is all part of the race; however, I have a hard time accepting someone who received not one, but two "lucky dogs" and wins the race. I've never liked the lucky dog rule. I don't think a driver should ever get a lap back unless they pass those cars in front of them. I don't care if it's Jeff Gordon, Greg Biffle, Jimmy Johnson, or Carl Edwards, if your a lap back it should not be handed to a driver.

gvervoren 06-29-2009 07:41 PM

I agree. I never liked the lucky dog either. How the heck is that considered racing!! I can see not racing back to the caution but there is no need for the lucky dog.

FEARED 06-29-2009 08:16 PM

the lucky dog thing is soo stupid..

and im so sick of these races ending early!! WInning on a fluke isnt racing..im getting bored with this strategy game called NASCAR, how about some more racing!!

Blackpony04 06-29-2009 09:06 PM

NASCAR is still on TV? :23:

Thunderbolt 06-29-2009 11:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blackpony04 (Post 1169667)
NASCAR is still on TV? :23:

Not for much longer if they decide to bring in Hyundai and Honda. I'm sure the ricer's will support it. Oh, I forgot, they don't have any money. They spent their entire allowance on a fart can muffler.

gvervoren 07-01-2009 09:21 PM

Well, GM and Chrysler already pulled their funding from the truck series and the Nationwide so the cup series could be next.

Blackpony04 07-01-2009 11:19 PM

Jeremy Mayfield allowed back into NASCAR thanks to a judge's ruling. Apparently if you fail a drug test for meth you can get your job back after all! Brian France must be pissed!

Thunderbolt 07-01-2009 11:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blackpony04 (Post 1170757)
Jeremy Mayfield allowed back into NASCAR thanks to a judge's ruling. Apparently if you fail a drug test for meth you can get your job back after all!

The judge is Mayfield's dealer. :smokin:

gbranton 07-01-2009 11:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gvervoren (Post 1170638)
Well, GM and Chrysler have already been told by the government to pull their funding from the truck series and the Nationwide so the cup series could be next.

Fixed!

ylopony 07-02-2009 08:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blackpony04 (Post 1170757)
Jeremy Mayfield allowed back into NASCAR thanks to a judge's ruling. Apparently if you fail a drug test for meth you can get your job back after all! Brian France must be pissed!

I'm not taking sides here, but we do not yet know the real story. If you've ever seen anyone on meth it's not hard to tell that they are strung out on the stuff. Perhaps he's real good at hiding it and is a junkie. Or perhaps he is taking medication for Attention disorder or some other prescribed drug and was afraid to tell Nascar(wrong thing to do), or perhaps Nascar just screwed up all together.

ylopony 07-04-2009 08:10 AM

How did we all miss that last week at the Lenox Tools 301 Kyle Busch was not only involved in an altercation on the track, but had two encounters in pit row as well? Perhaps it's because the broadcast booth spends most of it's time saying how great Kyle is(he is immensly talented), and that he's the next great thing. I can't recall them mentioning these incidents. But then again, I did not watch this race from start to end. Bull Crap.

This butt wipe hit two seperate people in two seperate incidents last week in pit row. The first was on lap 45; he brushed the tire changer of Paul Menards team. The second and most serious happened on lap 153; here he nailed the tire changer for Clint Boyer while driving across two pits, instead of allowing a car already entering it's pit to enter.

What was Busch' response to the incident. Perhaps, I'm sorry I hit him; I hope he's ok, but racing is racing. Or perhaps, I'm sorry I hit him; I was at fault, or perhaps I'm sorry I hit him; I hope he's ok, but they were in the wrong. NOPE none of these; his response.

Busch called the situation "a bad deal."

"All of a sudden the guys scattered into the box and I had to pick my way through," Busch said. "I couldn't stop or back up. Time on pit road is too precious.

"It's dangerous on pit road. But that's why the guys wear firesuits and helmets."
Nice Job Kyle!!!!!

I like the response of Clint Boyer

Car 33 driver Clint Bowyer was less than forgiving to Busch when he commented on the pit road incident, saying, "You've got the steering wheel and you've got the pedals. You can either hit the brakes or hit the gas, and the wrong foot went down."

There is a difference between racing agressive and driving recklously with the mentality of win at all costs. This guy is going to kill someone.

gvervoren 07-04-2009 08:14 AM

So apparently his time on pit road is more important then someone elses life. What a bonehead.

ylopony 07-04-2009 08:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gvervoren (Post 1171524)
So apparently his time on pit road is more important then someone elses life. What a bonehead.

I agree.

Kyle Busch's reckless driving, especially in this incident in the pits is just as dangerous to drivers and crew as Nascars concern that Jeremy Mayfield is a methane user. Busch is dangerous without having to take dope.

gbranton 07-04-2009 11:40 AM

Ask Ricky Rudd what can happen on pit road if you lose control.

Big Ron 07-04-2009 07:49 PM

I'll go out on a limb and predict Kyle Busch will be the winner tonite!

Maybe Junior will be in the top 10?

Big Ron :smokin:

Thunderbolt 07-04-2009 08:31 PM

Holy friggin' mackeral. With the exception of about 100 people, the entire backstretch is EMPTY!!

Azure Blurr 07-04-2009 11:14 PM

Stewart is my hero!!!

Thunderbolt 07-04-2009 11:15 PM

Wow!! Great finish! Kyle Busch can't expect to block the whole track and not get bulldozed out of the way. Nice win for Stewart.

G 07-05-2009 12:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gbranton (Post 1171569)
Ask Ricky Rudd what can happen on pit road if you lose control.

I was at that race. Big E won his 4th championship that day and I remember looking right at that accident when it happened. NASCAR probably should have limited pit road speed earlier but these things are slow coming. Other examples are driver helmet updates, helmets for over the wall crews, head and neck restraints, and window nets. It was such a common occurrence that nobody even considered Rudd to be at fault. It had happened to the Elliott team 3 years prior without fatal results. Rudd would have several crew members injured many years later.

There will always be ways to reduce the risk and some of those ways have not been considered yet. The late 50's and 60's had to be the worst of all with so many racers being lost that you would have trouble remembering all the names. Some drivers retired early because they saw no other way to survive --- Ned Jarrett and Fred Lorenzen being two high level examples.

http://www.rootzoo.com/articles/view...Part-III_13944

http://www.motorsportmemorial.org/focus.php?db=ct&n=37

G 07-05-2009 01:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thunderbolt (Post 1171709)
Wow!! Great finish! Kyle Busch can't expect to block the whole track and not get bulldozed out of the way. Nice win for Stewart.

Exactly!!!

Edwards pulled out a good finish too.

gbranton 07-05-2009 01:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by G (Post 1171745)
I was at that race. NASCAR probably should have limited pit road speed earlier but these things are slow coming. It was such a common occurrence that nobody even considered Rudd to be at fault. It had happened to the Elliott team 3 years prior without fatal results. Rudd would have several crew members injured many years later.

I watched the race on television, that was back in the day when I never missed a race. I was and am a big fan of Bill Elliott the racer and the man. He was dominant that day, if not for the accident he would have won the race. It was oddly like the scene in "Days of Thunder", I couldn't get over the similarities.

ylopony 07-05-2009 01:39 AM

I really don't like Tony Stewart all that much, but I love him today. :worship:

falcongtho3 07-05-2009 09:08 AM

:agree:
As much as I wanted a Ford to win, what Stewart did makes his my hero for this week. I am glad Kyle was able to walk away (quietly), because that was a big hit(x3)! If only JJ had got caught up in that, it would have been a perfect race.

:borg:

gvervoren 07-05-2009 05:15 PM

I missed the race but I did see highlights of the wreck. I say that was pretty much Kyles fault. Stewart shouldn't feel so bad about it.