2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club

2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Registry Discussion (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   NASCAR thread (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/showthread.php?t=55315)

ylopony 06-30-2007 08:09 AM

Re: NASCAR thread

Quote:

Originally Posted by gvervoren (Post 816537)
I think that was a little unfair. There were much greater penalties then that earlier this year and they only had to start in the back of the field.

The reason that the others went to the back of the field and that Vickers went home is because they were in the top 35 in points. In this case Vickers is out of the top 35 so he's out. I agree, even with a Toyota it sucks.

falcongtho3 06-30-2007 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gvervoren (Post 816537)
I think that was a little unfair. There were much greater penalties then that earlier this year and they only had to start in the back of the field.

Wait! The reason he did not get in is because they were not able to make the car legal in the allotted time. (They even tried letting air out of the tires to get to legal height!) Had the same issues occurred last week with the 24 or 48, they would not have been allowed to compete, either. Sorry for any misunderstanding or lack of clarity in my comments.
:borg:

ylopony 07-01-2007 06:07 PM

Great race today. Sooner or later Hamilin was going to pull one out and he did, Congrats to Denny Hamlin.

Great finish for Gordon. If only he could have gotten past Truex a little sooner. And for you Gordon haters you have to admit he showed a lot of class today. He could have taken Hamlin out at the end today when he spun the tires on that last lap, especially considering that Hamlin is second behind him for points. Even Hamlin said the same and thanked Gordon in the post race interview.

ylopony 07-01-2007 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mach1Marauder (Post 817217)

Gordon is still a Poopiehead!:eyebrows: :cool:

But a classy poopiehead. :23:

And too bad Kurt Busch took until the final lap to find the wall.

falcongtho3 07-01-2007 07:54 PM

Gonna be interesting to see who the last Nextel Cup champion will be...

G 07-01-2007 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by falcongtho3 (Post 817253)

Yep, law suits can be a B---- sometimes. Is it gonna be the Mars Cup next. :yeh:

G 07-01-2007 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by falcongtho3 (Post 817253)

Oh, probably Gordon, Hamlin, Harvick, or Stewart.

Given those choices I prefer Harvick but it will most likely be Gordon. :santa:

falcongtho3 07-01-2007 09:44 PM

What I meant was that Sprint/Nextel will become Sprint in the next year and it is the belief of those in the know that it will become the Sprint Cup next year, so this years champion will be the last Nextel Cup champ.

Blackpony04 07-01-2007 09:50 PM

No they won't. Every champion from the beginning of NASCAR will be a Sprint Cup Champion...that's what they did when Nextel took over. Personally I thought they should have changed the "Chase for the Nextel Cup" to the "Sprint for the NASCAR Cup" this year....

BTW, I slept through most of today's race. Other than missing Carl Edwards' problem on Pit Road I didn't miss a darn thing. These COT races really suck!! :anger:

G 07-01-2007 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by falcongtho3 (Post 817314)
What I meant was that Sprint/Nextel will become Sprint in the next year and it is the belief of those in the know that it will become the Sprint Cup next year, so this years champion will be the last Nextel Cup champ.

I know, I'm just thinking the legal problems are just starting and fanning them would be good for future sponsors. :wall:

I wish Hershey was big enough to sponsor the series. The Reese's Cup just sounds RIGHT. :eyebrows:

I've been a fan since they did the Elvis Reese’s Peanut Butter and Banana Cup. :wtf:

http://www.typetive.com/candyblog/it...nd_banana_cup/

gvervoren 07-01-2007 10:39 PM

I think it's stupid of them to change it to the Sprint cup. If they are the same company, what's the difference. They might as well just keep it the same. That's my $0.02. A little thing that bugs me is that did you ever notice how they say people like J. Gordon, Kenseth, and Labonte are past Nextel Cup champions. NO THEY ARE NOT, they are past Winston Cup champions. It was not caled the Nextel Cup Series when they won them.

On a side note, it was a pretty good race today though. Gordon did race very clean today. He could have won if he wanted too by racing dirty but he didn't so I applaud him for that.

birdman941 07-01-2007 10:54 PM

The COT cars are fugly.
I still think they secretly make them out of plywood.
Watched about 5 minutes of the "race" :yawn:

G 07-01-2007 11:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by birdman941 (Post 817341)
The COT cars are fugly.
I still think they secretly make them out of plywood.
Watched about 5 minutes of the "race" :yawn:

OH pooooo, it was a pretty good race. Frankly not much has changed over the years. Every few years NASCAR ticks everyone off and then things settle down again. :eyebrows:

Toyota will eventually get it's act together and by then Honda will be in the mix too.

falcongtho3 07-02-2007 07:10 AM

It does seem to be a case of revisionist history. If you don't want to recognize the previous sponsor, just say 'Cup Champion', but don't throw in the Nextel part, especially since there won't be a Nextel in a year anyway. It really fun watching the stink bomb that's come fo the AT&T buyout of Cingular and the screaming match that Sprint/Nextel has made of the sponsorship issue. I actually do see their point, but this is something that's been coming down the pike for a while, so they shoudl have worked on it long before the paint got put on the car (OK, vinyl...whatever).

04VAMach1 07-02-2007 08:03 AM

Do you think that USAC would have something to say about a Sprint Cup in another series?

gvervoren 07-07-2007 08:46 PM

WAY TO GO STEWART!!! Nice way to take out your teammate and a bunch of other drivers. What an idiot. Even if it's not entirely his fault.

Azure Blurr 07-07-2007 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gvervoren (Post 820203)
WAY TO GO STEWART!!! Nice way to take out your teammate and a bunch of other drivers. What an idiot. Even if it's not entirely his fault.

He could have slowed up IMO, but its easy to drive from the Lazy Boy.

gvervoren 07-07-2007 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AZURE GIRL (Post 820207)
He could have slowed up IMO, but its easy to drive from the Lazy Boy.

Denny claims he wasn't backing off any more then he was before the incident. On the other hand, Stewart said he stopped on the track. I say it's a little bit of both of them at fault.

gvervoren 07-07-2007 09:20 PM

One thing I do like is how they show the race during most of the comercial breaks. Just the lower right corner of the TV is the commercial and you can still see what's happening in the race. Can't hear the race but can still see it. That's cool.

falcongtho3 07-07-2007 09:44 PM

I do prefer this style over what's been dished out so far. Even though you don't have audio, you can at least see important events, like McMurray being black flagged and Jr. pulling in. I like Harvick staying out until his tire exploded and brought out his own personal caution.
Did anyone catch Mark Martins comment that he'd be at Daytona next year trying for a 500 win?!?

Azure Blurr 07-07-2007 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gvervoren (Post 820218)
One thing I do like is how they show the race during most of the comercial breaks. Just the lower right corner of the TV is the commercial and you can still see what's happening in the race. Can't hear the race but can still see it. That's cool.

Ditto! And the commercials ain't to bad....... with the exception of the Kurt Busch at the bar one :OOPS:

gvervoren 07-07-2007 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AZURE GIRL (Post 820224)
Ditto! And the commercials ain't to bad....... with the exception of the Kurt Busch at the bar one :OOPS:

I agree. The Kurt Bush one was pretty stupid but the rest were pretty good.

Quote:

Originally Posted by falcongtho3 (Post 820223)
Did anyone catch Mark Martins comment that he'd be at Daytona next year trying for a 500 win?!?

Yup, I did catch that.

Azure Blurr 07-07-2007 11:21 PM

That was an awesome finish! Atleast it was not one of yloponys boys!!