2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club

2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Registry Discussion (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   NASCAR thread (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/showthread.php?t=55315)

311-420 11-21-2010 04:31 PM

Re: NASCAR thread

Harvick can't stand the #18 beating his truck team's azz. Beating his nationwide car and then being better in Sprint too. 2-face is the nice way of describing that guy. Props to KB for keeping his cool in that interview!

blown03Mach1 11-21-2010 04:36 PM

Yet even more reason today to stop watching.....

5 Time champion.... YAWNNNNN..........

I stand by my comment that the 48 team is BAD for NASCAR and I seriously doubt I will watch a single race next year. I know I will not go to a race....

Besides, my interest have shifted towards NHRA!!

As for KB
Quote:

Originally Posted by 311-420 (Post 1336664)
Winning-est driver in NASCAR's top 3 series. By a longshot.:smokin:

Take nearly anyone in a top tier league and place them in lower leagues and sure you are going to look like the man.. I guess KB just needs his EGO stroked so he competes with the up and comers. He is still a Pee Wee Herman looking, baby face, cry my azz off, everyone else needs to learn how to drive piece krap in my book.

Talented, sure, but still an azz!

311-420 11-21-2010 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blown03Mach1 (Post 1336697)
Yet even more reason today to stop watching.....

5 Time champion.... YAWNNNNN..........

I stand by my comment that the 48 team is BAD for NASCAR and I seriously doubt I will watch a single race next year. I know I will not go to a race....

Besides, my interest have shifted towards NHRA!!

It wasn't exciting seeing #48 win again...but I'm jus glad Harvick lost. AGAIN. LMFAO. Poor bastard can't win for shiit!

birdman941 11-21-2010 04:38 PM

http://www.talk-sports.net/nascar/sucks.aspx/Kyle_Busch

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e3...aahaaahaaa.jpg

311-420 11-21-2010 04:44 PM

You even belong to a "hater forum"?! LMAO :loser:

G 11-21-2010 06:07 PM

Harvick was robbed. I don't think he was speeding, NASCAR just loves JJ.

I don't know why people can't acknowledge KB is the greatest driver ever, just ask him, he will tell you.

I didn't find the race today boring. It had some drama. :23:

birdman941 11-21-2010 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by G (Post 1336715)
Harvick was robbed. I don't think he was speeding, NASCAR just loves JJ.

I don't know why people can't acknowledge KB is the greatest driver ever, just ask him, he will tell you.

I didn't find the race today boring. It had some drama. :23:

:agree:
Good thing KB was wearing his nomex diaper, he needed it today.
(burned dingleberry pie otherwise)
I even asked the GF where the marshmallows were!
Eventually, unnamed morons who drive (Like the 18)
will figure out you don't mess with Harvick.
I don't like the guy, but I have no issue with his driving today.
In the old days, Jeffy G. figured out that you don't mess with Rusty.
Hopefully, Yates/Roush have figured out the FR9,
it sure seems like they have.

311-420 11-21-2010 06:58 PM

He must be pretty important...it's all anyone around here talks about.

I find it strange how birdman "hates asscar" so much, but he's always watching it. Every race. Makes me wonder why he's putting up that "front".

Also makes me wonder why he pretends to hate KB so much, but all he does is talk abou him. That's what the young girls did when I was in grade/middle school. They talked about and "picked on" the guys they secretly liked. Birdman needs to come outta the closet already. :23:

bris09 11-21-2010 07:27 PM

Sure glad I didn't waste my time watching it. I actually got to cross some things off my to do list. With JJ winning again I guess I'll have even more time on Sundays next year. I'm sorry but there is something up with that team and it ain't good. There's too many other great teams and drivers for them to be that good.

As blown03Mach1 said, I find the NHRA to be alot more fun to watch, they don't play favorites like Nascar does with JJ and had done with JG. Maybe it's just a love a fair with Hendrick.

falcongtho3 11-21-2010 07:44 PM

Cool...BBQ M&Ms!

Congrats to JJ and his Chad & Co. on another boring season and championship.

Actual congrats to Carl on winning the race, and I just wish this newfound power and confidence had shown up sooner.

:borg:

birdman941 11-21-2010 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by falcongtho3 (Post 1336748)
Cool...BBQ M&Ms!

Congrats to JJ and his Chad & Co. on another boring season and championship.

Actual congrats to Carl on winning the race, and I just wish this newfound power and confidence had shown up sooner.

Yeah, I was flipping through the channels and saw Carl was leading.
Then it is worth watching.
If a toilet is leading, flip to Fox News or History channel.
When the BBQ happened, woo hoo!
Jeffy blows up! Yee Haa!!
Carl wins. Cool!
Pretty good day for Ford and AMERICAN auto companies.
Almost time for that Alaska program.

03BumbleBee 11-21-2010 07:58 PM

M&M's melt in your car, not in your hands. This is the first time I have commented on the NASCAR thread,Kyle Busch is very talented. He also is a Cry Baby and a imature Jerk. And as far as 311-420 statement about global economics, when other countries open their markets on the same level that we do here I will call it global.

gvervoren 11-21-2010 09:13 PM

Whether people want to admit it or not, Jimmie Johnson and the 48 team have to be one of the best teams in NASCAR EVER!! Yeah you have people like Dale Sr. and Richard Petty that have more championships but that was how long ago. Back when they were dominating NASCAR, there was MAYBE 10teams that were even considered competitive every week. Back then, there wasn't so many rules so whoever had the most money, wins the most. The competition nowadays is MUCH MUCH MUCH higher then it was back then and to have 5 championships in a row is just unheard of. In other words, if Richard Petty and Dale Sr. were racing in todays NASCAR, they would not be as dominating as they were back then. You gotta give credit where credit is due and the 48 teams deserves a lot of credit for what they have accomplished.

311-420 11-21-2010 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gvervoren (Post 1336779)
Whether people want to admit it or not, Jimmie Johnson and the 48 team have to be one of the best teams in NASCAR EVER!! Yeah you have people like Dale Sr. and Richard Petty that have more championships but that was how long ago. Back when they were dominating NASCAR, there was MAYBE 10teams that were even considered competitive every week. Back then, there wasn't so many rules so whoever had the most money, wins the most. The competition nowadays is MUCH MUCH MUCH higher then it was back then and to have 5 championships in a row is just unheard of. In other words, if Richard Petty and Dale Sr. were racing in todays NASCAR, they would not be as dominating as they were back then. You gotta give credit where credit is due and the 48 teams deserves a lot of credit for what they have accomplished.

I agree.

Whoever thinks these races/championships are "staged" needs to wake up. They're earned, not given. Congrats to JJ and the whole #48 team.

birdman941 11-21-2010 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 03BumbleBee (Post 1336753)
M&M's melt in your car, not in your hands.

:23:
Sig material

blown03Mach1 11-21-2010 09:37 PM

Quote:

Whether people want to admit it or not, Jimmie Johnson and the 48 team have to be one of the best teams in NASCAR EVER!!

Sorry, but back in the day or just 10 years ago when there was no chase it took a complete driver to win. Now all you have to do is qualify for the chase and be good at 10 tracks.... Why not just make the season 10 races long?

Sorry to say it, but I used to LOVE NASCAR, but once they changed to the chase format that suits a driver who can do well at the last 10 tracks, they lost me and judging by the falling tickets sales, I am not the only one.... NASCAR needs to either flush the chase or rotate the final 10 races each season (yeah I know Northern tracks do not do well in November) to include a road race.

Sad, very sad..

birdman941 11-21-2010 10:03 PM

It started going a bit downhill after 212.809,
then when the toilets flushed in, phooey!

G 11-21-2010 10:30 PM

Quote:

You are comparing apples and oranges. JJ drives in the "nothing close to stock" car era of super teams with multi car operations with a warehouse full of spares. Back in the day they ran stock cars on pavement, dirt, and even sand. Power steering wasn't something you could lose back then and fights actually caused bleeding. It was a different world and as much as you think Petty, Pearson, Weatherly, and Roberts might not make it today ... there's more of a chance that JJ would have been just a footnote if he raced back then.

I give JJ credit for what he has accomplished but there is NO way to compare the drivers from different periods.

falcongtho3 11-22-2010 07:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blown03Mach1 (Post 1336784)
Sorry, but back in the day or just 10 years ago when there was no chase it took a complete driver to win. Now all you have to do is qualify for the chase and be good at 10 tracks.... Why not just make the season 10 races long?

An excellent point. I'd like ot see a run down of who would have won the points championship since the chase started has it not been restuctured into the 10 race playoff. I suspect we would not be seeing the same results, by a long shot.

I guess now that we've had the 'drive for five', we'll see the 'slumming for six' next year?

Con's Mach1 11-22-2010 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by G (Post 1336794)
You are comparing apples and oranges. JJ drives in the "nothing close to stock" car era of super teams with multi car operations with a warehouse full of spares. Back in the day they ran stock cars on pavement, dirt, and even sand. Power steering wasn't something you could lose back then and fights actually caused bleeding. It was a different world and as much as you think Petty, Pearson, Weatherly, and Roberts might not make it today ... there's more of a chance that JJ would have been just a footnote if he raced back then.

I give JJ credit for what he has accomplished but there is NO way to compare the drivers from different periods.

Very good post. I do notice also during races, when JJ has issues like other drivers have, his seem to come when they have time to fix them and not lose many points. He's okay. He just reminds me of a BLAND box of cereal. The outside may be interesting, but whats inside is BORING. Congrats Mr. Vanilla...YAWNNN, you won another Chammmpi......SNORE. I'm sorry did I just doze off? GOOOO Carl, I love the way you flip, and go RIGHT into the stands. Let's see a lot more of that next season, PLEASE?

bris09 11-22-2010 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by falcongtho3 (Post 1336858)
An excellent point. I'd like ot see a run down of who would have won the points championship since the chase started has it not been restuctured into the 10 race playoff. I suspect we would not be seeing the same results, by a long shot.

I guess now that we've had the 'drive for five', we'll see the 'slumming for six' next year?

I know KB would have won one in the old format. I say lose the Chase and reduce the number of points that can be earned in a single race.

MAD_MACh1 11-22-2010 03:55 PM

IIRC In his first three Jeff Gordon would have had the first one and Carl Edwards the third. JJ still would have won his 2nd one.

There is no doubt that JJ is the best at the last 10 races. Beyond that I'm not so sure. The crappy point system screws up any real play-off nature to the chase. While you can't have one on one eliminations like the NFL non chase drivers should not steal points from chase drivers. My suggestion would be something like the F1 points system for the chase drivers only. That way if some *** clown takes you out there is a chance to recover. the current system is way to easy to loose points and next to impossible to make them up.

gvervoren 11-22-2010 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by G (Post 1336794)

In a way, yes I am comparing apples to oranges but the point I'm trying to make is back then, you only had a handful of cars that even had a chance to win at any given weekend as compared to now you have at least 20 cars that could win at any given weekend. If there were that many competitive cars back then, I would pretty much guarantee that Dale Sr. and Richard Petty would not have 7 championships.

bris09 11-22-2010 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gvervoren (Post 1336978)
In a way, yes I am comparing apples to oranges but the point I'm trying to make is back then, you only had a handful of cars that even had a chance to win at any given weekend as compared to now you have at least 20 cars that could win at any given weekend. If there were that many competitive cars back then, I would pretty much guarantee that Dale Sr. and Richard Petty would not have 7 championships.

The reason they won so much is because they had the best cars/teams. That aspect of Nascar no longer exists. There's a reason the Daytona Chargers and Hemi engies were banned. Back then you could have never gotten away with running in the middle of the pack until the last 20 laps and then just march your way to the front and finish in the top five.

My dis-like for the 48 team stems from their adjustable rear window. The fact that they were willing to do that makes me think what else has been done to the car that the Nascar techs have either missed or ignored.

gbranton 11-22-2010 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by birdman941 (Post 1336787)
It started going a bit downhill after 212.809!

All down hill

after Awesome Bill.