2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club

2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/index.php)
-   Engine & Drivetrain (Including trans & rear axles) (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=64)
-   -   LDC Cooling mod install. (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/showthread.php?t=61266)

STREET BULLY 07-17-2010 02:41 PM

Re: LDC Cooling mod install.

Quote:

Originally Posted by goalkeeper035 (Post 970845)
Call Logan Motorsports in the northwestern suburbs of Chicago for a cooling mod kit, a little over $100.

Keith Logan
Owner/Operator
(630) 531-0897
keith@loganmotorsports.com

I called and ordered mine today.

How does the engine benfit from this kit? Thanks:smokin:

machgsxr 09-22-2010 05:50 PM

Sorry, but I was asked for pics a long time ago. Im really lazy with them and it just takes too long to get them from the camera to the computer to here.

http://img844.imageshack.us/img844/4...chparts052.jpg
http://img801.imageshack.us/img801/1...chparts053.jpg
http://img85.imageshack.us/img85/8611/machparts054.jpg

mach1metalhead 12-17-2010 01:35 AM

yes, i know this is a ressurection, but if i posted a new thread, i would have been directed here anyways... (isn't that why it's stickied?)

now that that is out of the way, i was looking into this mod and i was curious... what's the difference between the following kits?

http://dagostinoracing.com/index.php...ducts_id=11294

http://www.lethalperformance.com/03-...ng-mod-p-16947

is there a reason Lethal's is WORLDS cheaper?

blown03Mach1 12-17-2010 06:38 AM

Lethals hooks to the the front of the head and you cut your upper radiator hose for the return.

Agastino's is the old LDC mod that you knock out the freeze out plug from the back of the drivers side head and cross it over to the passenger side head for the return.

I looked at both, but was worried of how the Lethal system would look under the hood and I was not sure about it fitting with my s/c installed as the s/c already modifies the upper radiator hose.

machgsxr 12-17-2010 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blown03Mach1 (Post 1343544)
Lethals hooks to the the front of the head and you cut your upper radiator hose for the return.

Agastino's is the old LDC mod that you knock out the freeze out plug from the back of the drivers side head and cross it over to the passenger side head for the return.

I looked at both, but was worried of how the Lethal system would look under the hood and I was not sure about it fitting with my s/c installed as the s/c already modifies the upper radiator hose.

My buddy is running the lethal 1 and has no problems with it on his procharged car.

Mudd92 12-17-2010 11:08 AM

Maybe I didnt see it mentioned but is there issues with the evenflow kit? Thats the one Im ordering

63XL514 01-01-2011 02:23 PM

I have an 04 Mach 1 had nitrous on it but will be naturally aspirated for a long time to come, but does have a leaking driver's side freeze plug.

Is this really needed if you are staying naturally aspirated? On a really tight budget so every penny counts. (Just my 2 cents, but I definitely think the Agostino/LDC kit is a better way to go but would rather put the money toward a couple new tires.)

Mach828 04-11-2011 08:39 PM

I'm pulling the transmission in the next week or so. Should I do Lethal's cooling mod kit, or D'Agonstinos??

Whatre the benefits/disadvantages to each one?

They both do the same thing, so I'm thinking even though I have the transmission out, an extra $100 in my pocket would be nice.

mmustangsrus 04-12-2011 12:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mach828 (Post 1382562)
I'm pulling the transmission in the next week or so. Should I do Lethal's cooling mod kit, or D'Agonstinos??

Whatre the benefits/disadvantages to each one?

They both do the same thing, so I'm thinking even though I have the transmission out, an extra $100 in my pocket would be nice.

i`m not to fond of the way you have to instal the lethal kit vs the D'Agonstino`s ( A.K.A. LDC HEAD COOLING MOD )

Mach828 04-12-2011 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mmustangsrus (Post 1382632)
i`m not to fond of the way you have to instal the lethal kit vs the D'Agonstino`s ( A.K.A. LDC HEAD COOLING MOD )

I like D'Agonstino's kit, but don't want to spend $220. I may just have to bite the bullet and get it. If it saves me an engine then it will be worth it.

Explosive 04-12-2011 06:44 PM

Lets say I was doing an eaton swap. Do you think I could install this when my intake and everything is removed to avoid pulling the trans ?

Mach828 04-12-2011 10:07 PM

Thats why they made the GEN2 version. So if you bought the GEN2, then yes.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Explosive (Post 1382835)
Lets say I was doing an eaton swap. Do you think I could install this when my intake and everything is removed to avoid pulling the trans ?

Explosive 04-14-2011 06:18 PM

I don't think I've heard of the Gen 2 version. I'll have to find some info on it.

EDIT: I now see the Gen 2 is the lethal one. Is one preferred to the other ? I like that the Gen 2 doesn't require me to pull my trans. I assume it works just as well as the originally posted one ?

Mach828 04-14-2011 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Explosive (Post 1383448)
I don't think I've heard of the Gen 2 version. I'll have to find some info on it.

EDIT: I now see the Gen 2 is the lethal one. Is one preferred to the other ? I like that the Gen 2 doesn't require me to pull my trans. I assume it works just as well as the originally posted one ?

Thats what I want to know as well. I assume they essentially do the same thing. I like that the Gen2 costs half as much.

I don't know which one I should buy :(

Mach828 05-04-2011 03:19 PM

Well I went with the GEN1 LDC Cooling mod. Just a word of advice for the next person.

The drivers side freeze plug is cake to take off. I hit it with a punch and hammer and then was able to pull it out with a pair of pliers. Super easy.

The passenger side stock fitting was an absolute PITA. The easiest way to do it I found, was to disconnect the two fittings for the heater on the top of the engine bay near the fire wall. You push the buttons on the side and they come out pretty easy. Next, your going to have to pull the hose off the passenger side fitting. Its one of those annoying heater clamps, in a super tight spot to get to. Hope you have a foot long pair of needle nose pliers, or like me, a long flat head and a lot of patience.

The fitting was BS to get off. It was on there so tight. I used a block of wood against the rear of the engine and a crow bar and after bending the crap out of it, and roating it, and pulling. It finally came out. The directions acted like it was simply grab it and pull it out by hand, ya thats not the case at all. Its so tight of a fit.

..Putting the new parts on was pretty easy though. Just taking off the stock passenger fitting sucked.

Hurrdurr 07-21-2011 11:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 63XL514 (Post 1348408)
Is this really needed if you are staying naturally aspirated?

Anyone care to answer? I'm interested as well.

na svt 07-22-2011 08:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hurrdurr (Post 1407779)
Anyone care to answer? I'm interested as well.

they aren't needed for n/a combos.

marpsmach 08-04-2011 07:19 PM

I am having a Vortec V-3 installed and the 'LDC' mod won't work because the tee in front of he engine is replaced by the Vortec tee, which is pipe. Would have to break it open and weld on a fitting to attach the hose to. In summary, the head to head cooling mod featured in this thread is the best/only mod with a Vortec supercharger installed. I'm having it added to the build.

Mach828 08-04-2011 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lethal Performance.com
** The Lethal Performance Cooling kit will NOT be a direct fit on Vortech and Paxton Supercharged applications, due to the re-routing of the upper radiator hose**

Really?

rcode99 08-12-2011 03:50 PM

Which is better? I don't know but I thought about this. The LDC system takes the hotter water from one one water jacket and allows it to travel through the corresponding water jacket on the other side of the engine. The Gen 2 system lets the water from the hotter side go directly up front to the radiator. On it's face it seems the Gen 2 is a better idea.

smith30 11-03-2011 02:18 PM

I think either one is just fine. If I'm going to do one I'll do the "top mounted" kit to save the $$ and get same results. I have seen cobra guys with the "top mount kit" doing fine. So if it's working in their S/C application, it will be fine for my n/A application aka stock lol

thebestdj07 02-11-2012 07:50 AM

use mmr's new fittings and get yourself some -12 an fittings and hose. easy and problem solved.

Code Orange 03-26-2012 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thebestdj07 (Post 1459475)
use mmr's new fittings and get yourself some -12 an fittings and hose. easy and problem solved.

what are "MMR's new fittings"?

I cant find any reference to this for a head cooling mod. thanks

thebestdj07 03-26-2012 03:14 PM

http://www.modularmustangracing.com/

go to products/modular engine comp/ coolant. they are at the top of the page.