2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club

2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/index.php)
-   Power Adders (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=76)
-   -   Eaton Swap..... (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/showthread.php?t=71833)

04Mach1Blurr 10-12-2010 12:57 PM

Re: Eaton Swap.....

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarkMach1 (Post 1325123)
Very nice, we made almost identical numbers. Enjoy and dont let the power bore you otherwise you'll want more.

Lol, yes it has only a couple days of being finished under the belt. But I want to keep it there for awile, we'll see what happens! Hopefully when i put the car away for winter, After those couple of months, It will still be as new to me as now.

Quote:

Originally Posted by xXAzureMach1Xx (Post 1325131)
I dont think so. i look for a spare fuse and didnt find anything that would work. i just mounted my relay beside the filter. I ran black wires so it isnt noticeable either.

Thanks, that helps, if you could snap a photo of ur relay and wiring that would also help. If ya get a chance

03mach281 10-13-2010 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarkMach1 (Post 1325062)
Yea I saw that one a while back, good numbers. What mileage do you have on yours?

Thanks man. The mach has 39k miles. And I have only put about 250 miles on it since the swap. It made 400/378 on a VERY conservative 91 octane tune. And 450/405 on a still conservative tune on E85.

tvanlant 10-13-2010 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 03mach281 (Post 1325686)
Thanks man. The mach has 39k miles. And I have only put about 250 miles on it since the swap. It made 400/378 on a VERY conservative 91 octane tune. And 450/405 on a still conservative tune on E85.

What is all required to get set up for E85? E85 is everywhere around here and if it makes that much more power, what have I got to lose?

03mach281 10-13-2010 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tvanlant (Post 1325691)
What is all required to get set up for E85? E85 is everywhere around here and if it makes that much more power, what have I got to lose?

For my car I increased the injectors from 39#'s to 60#'s and added a KB boost-a-pump due to a ~40% increase in fuel consumption under WOT. I mainly switched to it since i am still on the stock long block.

here is a decent article on E-85 vs gasoline comparison.
http://www.importtuner.com/tech/impp...ine/index.html

The only thing i can complain about is when i cold start it. the car typically won't fire up for like 7-8 seconds when it is cooler outside. it could be a bit of a tuning issue?? im not sure. im going to datalog my car soon to try to fix this issue, other than that i love it. only ~2.20 per gallon and 105 octane. it seems to be good stuff

TLayson23 12-12-2010 02:50 PM

Hey guys, I'm new to the site, I just bought a 03 Mach 1 with a full 03/04 cobra motor and eaton and have a few questions for you guys who have much more experience than i do. First off here's a pic -

http://i765.photobucket.com/albums/x...ch1motor-1.jpg

I'm running a GT40 supercar fuel pump, which is doing great for the setup i have right now, but from what i've heard if i get into much more power i'm gonna have to go to the cobra dual fuel pump.

I love the car and it's running great, but as you can see the intake isn't so nice looking. So one of my questions is, can i still do small mods (intake, catback) without having to go to the dual fuel pump?

Also, it obviously was dyno tuned after the motor swap and has a SCT chip. Do i have to get a tune after every mod now?

I know these might be stupid questions but like i said, I'm not new to mustangs but i'm VERY new to motor swaps/superchargers. Anything you guys can help me out with is appreciated :THUMBSUP:

ASH302 12-12-2010 03:20 PM

one the small bolt ons like cai and exhaust i would say no, i've been running that stuff for a few years without getting it dyno you will be fine. i changed my CB after i got mine on and no problems.

also you can do dual gt pumps, dual cobra pumps, or dual focus pumps. i would think it would be easier going with just another gt pump for price wise. but i would say if you don't know what the dyno stuff is on it, i would try to get the money togather and go get it dyno just so you know what everything is looking like. i was going to say that is a big big air filter. lol but its all good.

like i said imo you don't need to go get it redyno with everylittle bolt on you do. i would suggest though once you do the dual pumps go get it redyno. also no also on having to put another pump in there for CB and CAI, you will be fine imo

ASh

TLayson23 12-12-2010 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by txmach302 (Post 1342299)
one the small bolt ons like cai and exhaust i would say no, i've been running that stuff for a few years without getting it dyno you will be fine. i changed my CB after i got mine on and no problems.

also you can do dual gt pumps, dual cobra pumps, or dual focus pumps. i would think it would be easier going with just another gt pump for price wise. but i would say if you don't know what the dyno stuff is on it, i would try to get the money togather and go get it dyno just so you know what everything is looking like. i was going to say that is a big big air filter. lol but its all good.

like i said imo you don't need to go get it redyno with everylittle bolt on you do. i would suggest though once you do the dual pumps go get it redyno. also no also on having to put another pump in there for CB and CAI, you will be fine imo

ASh

Alright thanks alot for the help!

ASH302 12-12-2010 04:17 PM

you really should be fine and i like the jlt cai they look good and you can get em to match your paint, i like em and think they look really good on the stangs. but i would for sure redyno just so i know what its running just to make sure, can't go wrong and better to be safe than sorry in the long run. also might want to make sure its got a safe streetable tune on it and not a aggresive one, that will also help the life of the mach and also i would say not beating on it ever chance you get. it wouldn't hurt i say to upgrade to dual pumps, i did dual pumps and BAP just so i wouldn't hit be close to maxing em out when i got it dyno

ASh

xXAzureMach1Xx 12-12-2010 04:52 PM

You will need to get it TUNED if you do CAI and exhaust but maybe not if just one. I had a bone stock mach with the eaton and put a OR H pipe and needed a tune, then put catback and CAI and needed a tune. Buy all the things you want to do to it and put them on at one time then get a tune. ANYTIME you mess with your fuel set up you will atleast want to get the AF check. Like i said before you really should check the AF. Not all cars are the same but i was out of fuel with a GT40 pump with a stock car on the first pull and needed a BAP. You could always get a wideband to make sure the AF is good. To go dual pumps you really need a cobra tank. you can put the dual pump hat in the mach tank but it isnt set up for it so you could run lean at WOT with around a 1/4 tank.

TLayson23 12-12-2010 05:33 PM

Alright thanks guys... what i'll probly end up doing is ordering the CAI and catback and getting them installed and tuned at the same time, and also have the AF checked

blackgtcp 12-12-2010 10:27 PM

Question: I was looking at the cobra that I am swapping parts with. Behind the heat exchanger there is a large (3 footish) coil element type thing. Almost like a heater element. I think it goes with the oil cooler? Is this something we need? First time ive seen/heard of it.
Also where can I find the torque specs for everything?

xXAzureMach1Xx 12-12-2010 11:13 PM

Think that is the PS cooler.

TLayson23 12-13-2010 02:08 PM

Does anyone know if there's a kit that i can buy for the shaker to mount on the eaton?? I've been messing with it but i'm not much of a metal fabricator and i'm havin a little trouble

Scott McClure 12-13-2010 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TLayson23 (Post 1342546)
Does anyone know if there's a kit that i can buy for the shaker to mount on the eaton??

No. Your on your own.

TLayson23 12-15-2010 06:57 PM

I figure this is the place to ask... but my car is about midways through page 20 so you all can get the idea of what i have. I have a fuse missing that is for the "Intercooler Pump". I didn't know if there should be one there since the motor swap or not.

I have the Cobra factory heat exchanger so i thought this fuse should probably be there. Would it hurt to put one there just in case?

LowOnFuel 12-30-2010 11:14 AM

So I've seen some posts saying the Cobra throttle body is needed and others saying it's not. Can someone clarify? Are they different? Is there a specific one we need to use? Is there an advantage to one over the other?

Thanks

machgsxr 12-30-2010 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LowOnFuel (Post 1347742)
So I've seen some posts saying the Cobra throttle body is needed and others saying it's not. Can someone clarify? Are they different? Is there a specific one we need to use? Is there an advantage to one over the other?

Thanks

Ive used the stock one on all my builds. Thats why it is not on the list of needed items. Go by the list and your good.

Now if your talking aftermarket ones, then yes they are different depending on which one you go with.

LowOnFuel 12-30-2010 01:48 PM

Gotcha...thanks!

Mudd92 01-17-2011 09:47 AM

Still loving mine, doing good. Just hating the alternators.

nickster 01-17-2011 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mudd92 (Post 1354251)

put a bigger pully on the alt 3 in plus

blackgtcp 01-17-2011 11:35 AM

*question.. I think I read somewhere that only the lfp and stock heat exchanger will fit behind the Mach bumper. Is this true? I'd like to upgrade but have heard horror stories about LFP

machgsxr 01-17-2011 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blackgtcp (Post 1354284)
*question.. I think I read somewhere that only the lfp and stock heat exchanger will fit behind the Mach bumper. Is this true? I'd like to upgrade but have heard horror stories about LFP

I run the biggest one there is the afco pro series and it fits, you just have to notch out 2 small pieces on the underside of the bumper other wise the h/e pushes down on it. I cut them out after I had the bumper mounted. IIRC, it was only like a 2" x 2" square I took out.

Mudd92 01-17-2011 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nickster (Post 1354282)
put a bigger pully on the alt 3 in plus

Yea I put a 3.2 on the one I put on yesterday but I think the regulator crapped out because I was driving all day yesterday with between 13.8-14.3 like normal and then i came out that night and it was over 16v!! Boiled my battery but i run every acc. and was able to keep it under 15v to get home

** and theyve all been OEM motorcraft!!

DarkMach1 01-17-2011 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mudd92 (Post 1354251)

How many alternators have you been thru? Aren't you still on the stock lower?

Mudd92 01-17-2011 03:33 PM

I think about 3 at this point. They go for a while and just crap out at random.