2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club

2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Registry Discussion (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   NASCAR thread (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/showthread.php?t=55315)

gvervoren 09-22-2006 07:14 PM

NASCAR thread

What do guys and gals think of having a thread strictly about NASCAR. I know this subject can get pretty nasty sometimes though.

3150Mach1 09-22-2006 07:16 PM

Re: NASCAR thread

I am all in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

gvervoren 09-22-2006 07:23 PM

Who thinks Jr. will win the Championship? NOT ME!!!!! (at least I hope not). I'm thinking Kenseth or Harvick. My driver (#12) is not in the chase. I'm glad Stewart is out. He is such a hipicrit.

3150Mach1 09-22-2006 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gvervoren
Who thinks Jr. will win the Championship? NOT ME!!!!! (at least I hope not).

He was my driver till this year. Want to by a #8 leather jacket??????

I think I might be a Toyota fan next year. #55

gvervoren 09-22-2006 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 03Mach150BP
Want to by a #8 leather jacket??????

My wife might want it but I would probably have to throw it in the garbage on her though. LOL I hope MW does better in the Toyota then how he did this year. I think he was concentrating on his Toyota team for next year which may have dampered this season. We'll see how he does. I'm sure with him and DJ together, Both of their perfomances will be better. Not too sure on Yates Racing for next year though. Sounds like he is going to have a bunch of rookies next year.

birdman941 09-22-2006 07:36 PM

Yates might get Mark Martin, but I doubt it.
I refuse to support any co. that sponsors a Toiletta.
I hope Mark martin wins the Campionship, but my money is on Kenseth.
Best crew, steady driver.

gvervoren 09-22-2006 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by birdman941
Yates might get Mark Martin, but I doubt it.
I refuse to support any co. that sponsors a Toiletta.
I hope Mark martin wins the Campionship, but my money is on Kenseth.
Best crew, steady driver.

Martin said he wasn't going to race the full schedule next year. He wanted to take time off to spend time with the family. Are you saying he might race part time for Yates? He did say that if he missed it too much, he might race some more in 2008. As for Toyota, we all seen it coming for a couple of years now.

E-MACH 09-22-2006 07:43 PM

NASCAR is interesting to watch... for about two minutes, then it bears a striking resemblence to my commute home every night. OK, so those boys are driving faster, but factor in that most of the people I'm in traffic with are talking on cell phones and eating and it raises driving difficulty factor.

gvervoren 09-22-2006 07:52 PM

I will admit, SOME of the races get to be boring at times but I still watch it every weekend. If I know I will miss it, I tape it and watch it later. Just imagine driving your car to it's very limits and at the verge of spinning out and smashing into the wall anywhere from 500 to 1000 times in a 3-4 hour period. Not to mention sit in a car that is well over 100 degrees. I'm sure that is not easy. I know I'm not cut out to drive 1/4 inch from other cars doing 200 MPH while at the verge of spinning out. Just a little food for thought for the NASCAR haters and to the one's that say it's not a real sport. :ORANGE:

3150Mach1 09-22-2006 07:58 PM

I have season tickets for Charlotte (Lowes). Will get my fix in a few weeks.

gvervoren 09-22-2006 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 03Mach150BP
I have season tickets for Charlotte (Lowes). Will get my fix in a few weeks.

Awesome! I've only been to three races so far. Atlanta, Chicago, and Bristol. Bristol was by far the best race I have ever been to. Not a bad seat in the house. If I ever get a chance to go back, I'm definetly there. I went to the day race but would love to go the night race.

SprayMan 09-22-2006 08:29 PM

I think they should take off the restrictor plates and put the drivers back in control of the cars. I wonder how the younger drivers would do if they had to let out and tap the brakes going into the turns at Talledega or Daytona?

birdman941 09-22-2006 08:38 PM

I have been to Daytona, Charlotte (for the first night WInston)
and MIS (on my 40th BD).

Ford4me 09-22-2006 08:53 PM

I have season tickets to Texas. I have been a NASCAR fan for a long time but some of the races are boring, too long. Either shorten the races or pay more money or points for leading laps and maybe finishing first at halfway. They kinda lay back on long races and race when they have too. I really like Talladega, have been going for years.

falcongtho3 09-22-2006 09:05 PM

I have serious doubts about a NASCAR thread. After all we have rules against politics or religion threads and depending where you're from NASCAR is either one or both of those... :LAUGH: :borg:

But for what it's worth, my heart's on Mark but my money's on Kenseth...

G 09-22-2006 09:31 PM

Championship????

Martin, if it was my choice! :worship:

Harvick, because he is on FIRE right now. I didn't like him early on but he seems to have pulled his head out of his butt. :23:

birdman941 09-22-2006 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by geoffav
Championship????

Martin, if it was my choice! :worship:

Harvick, because he is on FIRE right now. I didn't like him early on but he seems to have pulled his head out of his butt. :23:

But his hair is still brown...............

birdman941 09-22-2006 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by falcongtho3
I have serious doubts about a NASCAR thread. After all we have rules against politics or religion threads and depending where you're from NASCAR is either one or both of those... :LAUGH: :borg:

No one named Mohammed, Clinton or Allah in ASSCAR.
There is a Busch series though.

G 09-22-2006 09:45 PM

Quote:

No one named Mohammed, Clinton or Allah in ASSCAR.
There is a Busch series though.

I hear Mohammed's car keeps blowing up. :grr: Not the engine --- the whole car. :23:

gvervoren 09-22-2006 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by falcongtho3

How do you figure NASCAR has anything to do with politics or religion? It's just a sport like football or baseball. I've seen plenty of threads on sports.

birdman941 09-22-2006 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by geoffav
I hear Mohammed's car keeps blowing up. :grr: Not the engine --- the whole car. :23:

Well, they do all turn left.............
I recall NBC or some commie network trying to goad ASSCAR fans
into saying or doing anti- "Religion of Peace" ( :notsure: ) things.
It didn't work.

gvervoren 09-22-2006 09:52 PM

Quote:

Well, they do all turn left.............
I recall NBC or some commie network trying to goad ASSCAR fans
into saying or doing anti- "Religion of Peace" ( :notsure: ) things.
It didn't work.

That's just a result of some network being retarded. NASCAR wanted nothing to do with it because it had nothing to do with the sport.

birdman941 09-22-2006 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gvervoren
That's just a result of some network being retarded. NASCAR wanted nothing to do with it because it had nothing to do with the sport.

Exactly.

gvervoren 09-22-2006 09:55 PM

So anyway, what do you all think of the "car of tomorrow" which will be in a few races next year. I think the thing is :butt: ugly. I guess it will make it better though because it won't rely on aerodynamics so much. It will put it more in the drivers hands.

birdman941 09-22-2006 09:57 PM

Looking at the front end of the thing,
I now know why plywood is so expensive at Home Depot.
ASSCAR teams bought it all.