2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club

2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Registry Discussion (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   How many sold their Mach1 only to buy it back later?? (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/showthread.php?t=135782)

HAEG 03-01-2017 03:06 PM

How many sold their Mach1 only to buy it back later??

Just curious how often does this happen and was it in nice shape? What was your experience like owning the car again. I see my old car now and then as the new owner works in my town and of course I always think what it would be like if I kept the car.
I traded the Mach1 in to get a GT500, couldn't afford to get the Shelby and keep the Mach1.

lastcall190 03-01-2017 04:24 PM

Re: How many sold their Mach1 only to buy it back later??

Not a Mach but I sold my old Formula after almost completely demodding it... new owner threw almost everything back on, I bought it back (don't ask...) a few months later after finding no other cars that were in as good of shape, and sold it within a month. I realized quite quickly that when I first owned it, I decided to sell it for a reason, and that reason still existed. I enjoyed it almost 0% once buying it back. I've always been curious what happened to my cars, but never had a desire to have any back (besides the first truck I owned that I couldn't afford to keep at the time). I'm interested in the responses to this thread as I feel that I have heard many instances of guys buying back their vehicles.

-J

DSG2003Mach1 03-01-2017 04:56 PM

I traded my lightning on my DD f150 back in 2012, I really want it back. Ive been able to track it back to just outside of Jacksonville but it seems like the owner has no social media so not sure what shape its in. Id rather have one back that I know most of its history than one that I have no idea what its been through

fiveliter 03-01-2017 06:06 PM

I wish I could find my 93 Notchback and buy it back. I never should have sold it in the first place, but I was buying a house and had a baby on the way.

ab_mach1 03-01-2017 09:27 PM

I wish I had never sold my 92 GT. It was the only Mustang I bought brand new. I sold it to buy a house. It was wonderful owning a performance car where you were the only owner lol. I looked it up about 10-12 years ago when I was looking up cars on CarFax and saw it had been sent to salvage some years earlier. :(

Based on that experience, it's been hard to separate me from my Mach lol. I've test driven a Boss 302 and an S550 when they first came out, but I chickened out.

Instagram: @ab_mach1

blown03Mach1 03-07-2017 02:56 PM

I sold my Mach, and can't really say that I have tried to find it, but if I did locate it and it was in decent shape, I might be persuaded to try and buy it back.

HAEG 03-10-2017 07:51 AM

March 3, 2017 I bought back my 2003 Zinc Yellow Mach1. Its in need of some TLC which it got yesterday from my detail guy removing all the dog hair inside and the grime under the hood. Had an exhaust I was not happy with at all so changed that last night. Could use a new drivers seat the bottom leather is whooped and the seat has a bit of a getto lean to the middle of the car. So I probably need the entire seat replaced. Happy to have it back though.

JDraper 03-17-2017 10:18 AM

Congratulations Scott, welcome back to the Mach 1 actual owners fold.:hoppy:

HAEG 03-17-2017 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JDraper (Post 1624777)
Congratulations Scott, welcome back to the Mach 1 actual owners fold.:hoppy:

Thanks Jeff. It will be for Dawn to drive.
She'll have her own car for Carlisle... Already been fixing and cleaning some stuff up. Looking for a set of front seats.

HAEG 03-17-2017 12:58 PM

Oh and some factory Mach1 rims if anyone knows where I can buy them. Local if possible.

TRbetngu 03-17-2017 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HAEG (Post 1624785)
Oh and some factory Mach1 rims if anyone knows where I can buy them. Local if possible.

Here you go!

http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/...d.php?t=134572

4a7191a 03-17-2017 08:14 PM

I don't plan on putting mine up for sale ever. 27k original hard miles on her. She's mostly ragged on when I drive her but hey... She's super clean and runs like a champ.
My lightning I could part with if I had to. I'd be truely sad and have to be in a major bind.
My evo I sold made 686awhp. Close to a high nine second car, I sold it for a profit and now it's for sale again and it's faster. I have the itchy need for it back but I know I don't need that headache and car note.

Mach1s are unique. I drive her to the cars and coffee and get more looks than alot of vehicles there. I'm sure the cams and wore out bassani help that out a tad :)

CMEmach1 03-18-2017 01:16 AM

Congrats Scott ! I have a set of wheels if your still looking, I'm not sure how clean they are but they don't have any curb rash. As far as the Seats. It is possible to make a passenger seat work for a drivers seat and they might be easier to find.
As far as cars I would like to buy back............................I'm not even gona go there : )

HAEG 03-20-2017 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CMEmach1 (Post 1624797)
Congrats Scott ! I have a set of wheels if your still looking, I'm not sure how clean they are but they don't have any curb rash. As far as the Seats. It is possible to make a passenger seat work for a drivers seat and they might be easier to find.
As far as cars I would like to buy back............................I'm not even gona go there : )

I'm definitely interested in the wheels. The Mach 1 is for my wife Dawn to drive.

craig816 03-22-2017 12:03 PM

Sold my Oxford White 2003 Mach 1 back in 2006, it had 36k miles on it. Bought it brand new in 2004 as a left over 2003 and got a deal on it being a Ford employee and military veteran. Sold it in 2006 for $16k.

Purchased an Azure Blue 2003 Mach 1 (the color I originally wanted) back in 2014.

I paid $13k for the Azure Blue Mach 1 8 years later with 42k miles. Seems to me nice, clean, low mileage, stock, not beat up originals like the one I own now are holding their value very well.

I've owned the Azure Blue Mach 1 going on 3 years.....it has 46k miles on it now. ;)

Tony Alonso 04-05-2017 09:12 AM

Well, congrats to you!

01yellerCobra 04-05-2017 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eruza (Post 1624491)
I wish I had never sold my 92 GT. It was the only Mustang I bought brand new. I sold it to buy a house. It was wonderful owning a performance car where you were the only owner lol. I looked it up about 10-12 years ago when I was looking up cars on CarFax and saw it had been sent to salvage some years earlier. :(

Based on that experience, it's been hard to separate me from my Mach lol. I've test driven a Boss 302 and an S550 when they first came out, but I chickened out.

Instagram: @ab_mach1

Sounds kind of like what happened to my 98 GT. I traded it in for my 01 Cobra and about 3 months later got a call from an impound yard. It seemed I was the only one they could get a hold of that was listed as an owner. Not that I could do much about it at the time. They had to hold it for 30 days. So sometimes I wonder what happened to it.

The only other car I wonder about is my 1970 fastback. I sold that car after owning it about 12 years. But it spent most of that time being worked on. I sold it to a couple of guys in Az that were gaga over it. Even though I gave them most of the car in boxes. About 6 months after selling it I saw a red fastback for sale in the same town. My car was also red, but had black Mach style stripes. I told the wife I think that was my old car, but she said it was too soon because of how much work it needed. I told her they could have put the time in. Unforetunately when I went back to look at it, it was gone. I don't really miss it, I'm just curious about it.