2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club

2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Registry Discussion (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   College Football back in full swing! (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/showthread.php?t=69377)

falcongtho3 09-02-2007 08:31 AM

College Football back in full swing!

Another season of college football is up and running, and what a start it's been:
LSU's rather lackluster pounding of Miss. St., ya gotta play four quaters of football guys. Sure we're ranked #2, but not for long if we're going to play like we did in the first quarter. (And Flynn had better watch his back, Perriloux has some real talent to be a starter!)

Notre Dame gets hammered in the opener. Thanks guys, we may get College Game Day on ESPN next weekend because of it, but there were a lot of gold helmets hanging low yesterday.

Michigan gets upset by Appalachan State. What a game, no one left anything on the table after that one. Definitly history on the gridiron!

:borg:

LNCHBOX 09-02-2007 09:36 AM

Re: College Football back in full swing!

I don't know if I'd agree with the Wolverines leaving everything on the table, but that was defintitely entertaining to watch. I'll tell you, for a while I was real worried about the SEC losing all those night games. Auburn looked aweful for the first 3 quarters, and UGA took their time getting up and running.

Only team I was halfway impressed with last night was Tennessee. If they had a defense like LSU, last night would have been a different story. I was proud they put up 31 points, further proving the PAC10 wouldn't know real defense if it bit them in the butt.

LSU's win was nowhere near lackluster, at least from a defensive standoint. Not sure about USC, but no one else shut out their opponent, and we were playing a bowl division school. Can't say that for Louiville, UT, and the like. ANd once Flynn got the cob webs out, he looked fantastic. Look for us to put the hurting on VT this coming weekend.

jbrad88 09-02-2007 09:46 AM

Although my beloved Aggies had a good outing overall, we gave up a lot of yards in the air with what is suppossed to be our best secondary in a while.

It sounded like a balanced game for us, but I am worried about the big teams on the schedule. We have some tough away games this year including Miama, Oklahoma, Nebraska, etc...

falcongtho3 09-02-2007 10:06 AM

Brandon, you misread me. I said they didn't leave anything on the table. I thought that even though they got beat, Michigan did take their opponent seriously, but A-State was the better team.
I still think LSU was worrisome in the first quarter, and to some degree the entire first half. I thought they should be more dominant over Miss. State. My biggest worry was that they'd pull a Sabin and leave points off at the end of the first half. If you know your LSU history, they could have had an undefeated season in their Championship year and made it an unquesitonable unshared Championship, but at the end of the first half chose of the Tennesee (?) game they chose not to score an easy field goal. That mistake cost them the one game they lost. Foolish, as their opponent came back and defeated them. That was Nick Sabins choice/mistake.
I agree Tennesee looked good last night, and they will be a tough team to beat when it comes time to face them.

Oh yeah, Gig Em...Aggies! (Lived in College Station for a year while my dad got his Masters)

hauntedforever 09-02-2007 11:39 AM

Well im happy that everyone else got to watch their teams in the opening game of the season. I was so pumped all freaking day, even gave up washing my car so I could watch the game that never freaking aired! Oh well they won HOOK EM HORNS. Colt McCoy is back and hopefully has a better season, i'm excited to see Texas is ranked #4. I was hoping that Oklahoma would have one of their usual *** whooping seasons, but after seeing their score lastnight they might be something to fear this year.

we3hokies 09-02-2007 03:01 PM

After the vt game yesterday, Im dreading the game at LSU. Our O has all kinds of problems, the line stunk, brandon ore ran uninspired, and glennon (our qb) starting the game with an int. He is a turnover waiting to happen. Its pretty bad when we have more confidence in our D putting points on the board than the offense. The student section was chanting for tyrod taylor (big time freshman qb) to play but he would not fair much better at LSU. Well, I guess thats why the play the games. Atleast we didnt lose like UMich, the great ND, and UVA.

beerformeplz 09-02-2007 03:12 PM

Roll Tide!

http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h3...bama_Logo2.jpg

we3hokies 09-02-2007 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beerformeplz (Post 851517)

THere were several bama guys at college gameday yesterday with a huge roll tide banner. kept trying to block them from being on tv with the vt signs. pretty funny.

falcongtho3 09-02-2007 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beerformeplz (Post 851517)

Beerfomeplz, you have NO clue as to how much we'll be bringing to that one game this year. How high we run the score up is in no way reflection of how we feel about 'Bama, it is a reflection of what we think about your buddy Nick Sabin. Be prepared. If LSU only wins one more game this season, guess which one it WILL be, and as long as we do that the job of Les Miles is secure.:11:

We3hokies, everyone here considers it an honor to get to play VT as our home opener. Our hearts go out to the students, players, and faculty of VT. We had a bad situation set upon us two seasons ago (it was called Katrina, I'm sure you heard about it), and everyone here feels a distant kindred spirit due to the struggles that have befallen VT. I do hope that we are able to be kind hosts to everyone who makes the journey to Baton Rouge, and hope you come away with memories of good food, southern hospitality, but not a victory (we're nice people, but not that nice!). As a bonus, this SHOULD be the week that the new Mike the Tiger is introduced to a game crowd. Our last Mike passed away and his replacement is now in the tiger cage (I hate to call it a cage, more like a tiger mansion), but has yet to be formally named Mike or shown at a game. :ORANGE:

ShebMach1 09-02-2007 06:32 PM

http://logo.szuper.info.hu/pic/logo/...gers_80306.jpg

falcongtho3 09-02-2007 06:38 PM

Hmmm...looks like road kill...

HotRod 09-03-2007 08:54 AM

Two words.

Tim Tebow!

GO GATORS!!!

JDraper 09-03-2007 09:09 AM

We Are...

http://collegefootballbelt.com/Logos...ogo%201986.gif

Next week against Notre Dame will be interesting. That will tell us if we have a chance or not. If we can't whup Notre Dame the way Georgia Tech did, we're in trouble....

Thucydides 09-04-2007 04:37 PM

Go Hogs

2k4mach 09-04-2007 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hauntedforever (Post 851440)
Well im happy that everyone else got to watch their teams in the opening game of the season. I was so pumped all freaking day, even gave up washing my car so I could watch the game that never freaking aired! Oh well they won HOOK EM HORNS. Colt McCoy is back and hopefully has a better season, i'm excited to see Texas is ranked #4. I was hoping that Oklahoma would have one of their usual *** whooping seasons, but after seeing their score lastnight they might be something to fear this year.

hmmm an okie rooting for UT, bet every1 enjoys having you around up there when da okies and texans clash :D

falcongtho3 09-08-2007 10:42 PM

Looks like Michigan proved their defeat last weekend was no fluke...they're really that bad! Can't believe Ga. lost out, and at least ND put up somthing that resembled a fight in their loss. Yeah, I'm watchign the LSU game...and enjoying every minute...(Stupid Michigan and their losing ways, gonna cost us a head coach...I can see it now...D'Oh!)

beerformeplz 09-08-2007 11:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by falcongtho3 (Post 851559)
Beerfomeplz, you have NO clue as to how much we'll be bringing to that one game this year. How high we run the score up is in no way reflection of how we feel about 'Bama, it is a reflection of what we think about your buddy Nick Sabin. Be prepared. If LSU only wins one more game this season, guess which one it WILL be, and as long as we do that the job of Les Miles is secure.:11:

LSU looks tough no doubt, I'm realistic though and just hoping for 8 wins and a win over Auburn. If that happens the season was a success. DOnt get me wrong id still love to hear the Rammer Jammer at the end of the LSU game!

we3hokies 09-09-2007 02:16 AM

Thanks LSU for the butt kickin. Forced Beamer into putting Tyrod Taylor into the game. He's a true freshman but VT will be better off in the long run with him moving up to starting qb. go hokies.

ShebMach1 09-09-2007 08:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by falcongtho3 (Post 855252)
Looks like Michigan proved their defeat last weekend was no fluke...they're really that bad! Can't believe Ga. lost out, and at least ND put up somthing that resembled a fight in their loss. Yeah, I'm watchign the LSU game...and enjoying every minute...(Stupid Michigan and their losing ways, gonna cost us a head coach...I can see it now...D'Oh!)

I feel bad for Mike Hart. He should have just went pro.

falcongtho3 09-09-2007 08:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by we3hokies (Post 855312)
Thanks LSU for the butt kickin. Forced Beamer into putting Tyrod Taylor into the game. He's a true freshman but VT will be better off in the long run with him moving up to starting qb. go hokies.

Just wanted to make it a 'memorable' weekend for everyone. I do hope that everyone who made the trip was well received and enjoyed their stay (OK, other than the score) I was surprised that they did put in a true freshman QB, but it is very appaerent from his play last night that he is very talented and deserves the position. He can manage the offense and move the ball. I really liked the clips of our new mascot in his 'cage' (more like mansion). That is going to be one big tiger when he grows up!

falcongtho3 09-30-2007 06:42 AM

Wow, whatta weekend of upsets; Florida, Bama, Rutgers, Texas, etc.! I'm not here to brag, either. LSU didn't show up until some time in the 3rd quarter for their 'scrimmage' game. It could have been another on the list of Top 25 teams going down...whew!

HotRod 09-30-2007 09:03 AM

Dont forget OU and WV either. It was just a tragic day in college football if you were ranked.
I think that loss will be GOOD for the young Gator players. You have to understand defeat before you can appreciate winning. That being said, Im not sure Id want to be LSU next week. You never want to mess with a pissed off Gator!

we3hokies 09-30-2007 11:12 AM

I was ticked off we just won 17-10, but after usc squeeking by washington and 6 out of the top 13 losing, guess I should be grateful. Next week is clemson. We usually have their number plus they are coming off a loss to ga tech. Glad the acc took it to some out of conference teams. fsu over bama and maryland over rutgers!!!

falcongtho3 09-30-2007 11:26 AM

We were really hoping to be the ones to hand the Gators thier first defeat of the season, but you right, they might be on a mission next week. There are no 'givens' in college football, that's part of the 'fun' of it. Seeing Bama get beaten by Auburn of all teams was the SEC stunner of the week, with the Texas loss being equally surprising. Obviously the other Top 25 losses will have the ranking in turmoil...good! ( A shame that Wash. couldn't cap off its night with a win, that would have been truly sweet)

03Phoenix 09-30-2007 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by falcongtho3 (Post 866226)
We were really hoping to be the ones to hand the Gators thier first defeat of the season, but you right, they might be on a mission next week. There are no 'givens' in college football, that's part of the 'fun' of it. Seeing Bama get beaten by Auburn of all teams was the SEC stunner of the week, with the Texas loss being equally surprising. Obviously the other Top 25 losses will have the ranking in turmoil...good! ( A shame that Wash. couldn't cap off its night with a win, that would have been truly sweet)

Yea, I would have liked to see Wash beat USC! Overall what an upset weekend!