2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club

2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Registry Discussion (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Ask A Police Officer (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/showthread.php?t=45012)

IMachU 11-09-2006 02:47 AM

Re: Ask A Police Officer

Quote:

Originally Posted by streakn (Post 681391)
The only way to find out would be to ask him in court. Make sure you have your ducks in a row.....is that enough for a portion of that cash offer? Not sure if I want your girls T**ts, I don't think they'd look that good on me. They may bring out Dave's eye color though.LOL

Funny....very funny. If I did have a pair, I'd never leave the house!! :D :23:

Exactly what Jas said....get yer ducks in a row. Them motor guys NEVER miss a day in court, but you can always try it. Again, good luck!

streakn 11-09-2006 04:27 AM

With that. If you decide to go to court and lose. The judge most likely won't offer you traffic court or he may even raise the fine...the power of the judge is beyond my reach. Good luck.

streakn 11-09-2006 04:28 AM

Dave, I guess it's time to remove my SCS logo. Doesn't feel like it's coming back anytime soon.

32VALVR 11-09-2006 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by streakn (Post 681391)
The only way to find out would be to ask him in court. Make sure you have your ducks in a row.....is that enough for a portion of that cash offer? Not sure if I want your girls T**ts, I don't think they'd look that good on me. They may bring out Dave's eye color though.LOL

Sure.. thats enough for a portion. But you do have to come up with the black locking MGW fuel door

streakn 11-10-2006 01:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 32VALVR (Post 681981)
Sure.. thats enough for a portion. But you do have to come up with the black locking MGW fuel door

I'll steal Dave's. LOL

32VALVR 11-10-2006 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by streakn (Post 682124)
I'll steal Dave's. LOL

First you officers are driving Machs, and now your STEALING:wtf:

streakn 11-10-2006 06:43 PM

We have darker sides as well. bwahahahahahahahaha!

32VALVR 11-10-2006 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by streakn (Post 682535)
We have darker sides as well. bwahahahahahahahaha!

Gee, Can't imagine that. Other than the dark color of your Mach, and oh yeah..maybe just a few of your posts on the Shakers site, LOL.

streakn 11-11-2006 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 32VALVR (Post 682700)
Gee, Can't imagine that. Other than the dark color of your Mach, and oh yeah..maybe just a few of your posts on the Shakers site, LOL.

Que the Darth Vader breathing noise and his theme song.:flamedevi

Navymailman 11-13-2006 12:44 AM

Just remember guys, SCS lives on among each of us, just keep in touch on this website. Plus, I'd rather think of us as a website club with no website at the moment, than a website club with a website and no active membership (i.e. wildhorses car club, L.A. chapter).

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g2...h_SCM1club.jpg

32VALVR 11-24-2006 04:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Navymailman (Post 683915)
Just remember guys, SCS lives on among each of us, just keep in touch on this website. Plus, I'd rather think of us as a website club with no website at the moment, than a website club with a website and no active membership (i.e. wildhorses car club, L.A. chapter).

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g2...h_SCM1club.jpg

I'm here:machgod:

R.Shackleford 12-11-2006 12:21 AM

Here's an interesting question... IMachU, or others, may recall I was pulled over for running a stop light... I was let off for that but she basically went over my car for various "illegal" mods, tint, no front plate, and of course the infamous "headlight covers" which are actually just stock headlights... So my question is, what if she didn't find anything at all to make out a ticket for? Would I have simply been given a warning, or would I have got the red light ticket? With how anxious she was to check under the hood and pointing out my tint and no plate, I really wonder what the out come would have been...

streakn 12-11-2006 12:23 PM

I'm confused. Did she give you any ticket at all? Or did she just give you grief for the "mods"?

R.Shackleford 12-11-2006 01:08 PM

Yeah I got a ticket for no front plate, tint on the front windows, and headlight covers instead of getting the ticket for the red light. So it's kind of like being cut a break, though the tint carries a fine apparently. It just made me wonder if me or someone else would have just got a ticket for running a redlight if she couldn't make an alternate ticket out, if you get what I mean...

IMachU 12-11-2006 02:01 PM

It seems like she's had the same training I have - illegal (O/R) modifications to the vehicle. I can't tell you what she would or would not have done, but it looks like she was looking for an illegal intake, O/R headers, etc. In my class we had some gear heads (like me). We know the difference between a Honduh with a fart pipe and a Mustang with mid length tube headers, catted H and cat-back. Some of the officers who are less "mechanically inclined" are bound to be a bit more liberal with the laws. Not that they are wrong, mind you. It's just that I know that if I'm looking under the hood of a Mach, all the stuff is gonna be CARB compliant so I won't waste my time unless I really wanna see his motor!

R.Shackleford 12-11-2006 04:07 PM

Thanks. So basically a traffic stop like this is more or less at the discretion of the officer, on exactly what they do as far as ticket/warning/giving a lesser violation?

IMachU 12-11-2006 04:22 PM

Yes, you are right. Most of the time your attitide plays a big part in what the outcome of the cite is. If I tell you I stopped you for X violation and you start to argue, I'll simply give you a pass to get out of work for a day and argue with the judge. I don't argue in the street. If you say, "Man, I screwed up! Sorry!" I will probably let ya off with a warning since you know you did something silly in front of a police officer.

Bottom line - as long as we have legal standing to stop you, what the outcome of the stop will be can be officer discretion.

R.Shackleford 12-11-2006 04:40 PM

Thanks

MvCrash 12-14-2006 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by R.Shackleford (Post 706464)
Thanks

Always keep a fresh box of donuts handy. Just the smell will drive the Popo nuts!!

rhodeislandmach 01-02-2007 12:20 PM

question ... if i did a burnout in the warehouse parking lot , that my mother owns ........could i get fined ?

Mustanger2 01-02-2007 06:21 PM

We did wheelies on private property in Ca. once & the officers just watched...really inspected the bikes for ANY infractions when pulled onto the street though! One told me nice show. I don't know if the laws have changed any in the last 30 years! LOL...

IMachU 01-02-2007 09:14 PM

As long as you are not endangering others while doing burnouts, it is private property and you can get away with it (in CA, anyways). The drag strips are on private property, right? :D

You're OK......but post a pic or a vid of the nice ones!!

rhodeislandmach 01-09-2007 11:13 AM

another question : is it illeagel to run 10.5's with 315's ? ive heard that your tires can only stick out so far from your body

AzureMach1auto 01-10-2007 11:41 AM

In Virginia they cant stick out more than 4 inches or from tire to tire exceed 7 feet wide.
I live in VA but im a cop in Wash. DC.

blk03shkr 01-22-2007 04:31 PM

So i got my second tint ticket and i also got a no-cats ticket this weekend. My question is if a cop runs my license plate can they see the previous tickets?