2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club

2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/index.php)
-   Exhaust System (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=68)
-   -   Kooks LT people - need a picture (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/showthread.php?t=134436)

DSG2003Mach1 12-19-2015 09:27 AM

Kooks LT people - need a picture

if anyone has kooks LTs can you snap a quick pick from the top side showing where the steering shaft runs through the primaries (or just give a good description of how it feeds up through)?

wanna make sure I have the steering shaft fed through the headers BEFORE putting the engine back as this cause a lot of grief last time around with the stock steering shaft...using a MM piece this time

bbford97 12-20-2015 03:36 PM

Re: Kooks LT people - need a picture

don't have a picture, however the MM steering shaft will collapse enough to feed it through the headers once you have the engine in the car.

DSG2003Mach1 12-20-2015 05:50 PM

i figured it out...problem is that my kooks are a little tight and the stock shaft wouldnt slip between the tubes. I was able to get the MM piece through the tubes while the engine was still out and just held it out of the way while putting it in place

littlemags 12-21-2015 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DSG2003Mach1 (Post 1610011)
i figured it out...problem is that my kooks are a little tight and the stock shaft wouldnt slip between the tubes. I was able to get the MM piece through the tubes while the engine was still out and just held it out of the way while putting it in place

yep...that was another reason why I went to manual steering...

DSG2003Mach1 12-21-2015 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by littlemags (Post 1610032)
yep...that was another reason why I went to manual steering...

yours is an actual race car though, mines just an over powered street car lol

Vndcatr 12-22-2015 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DSG2003Mach1 (Post 1610011)

I had to do the same thing.. It was a massive PITA.. Kinda irritated me having kooks and MM steering shaft are too badass parts that should work togethor!.. i also have a tubular K and offset bushings that might have played a roll in the deal...

It does collapse enough, but the angle that it has to be done at to make it through the kooks is sorta crazy lol.

edit: i heard the older model kooks longtubes dont have that little "tunnel" between the primaries it fishes through.

littlemags 12-22-2015 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DSG2003Mach1 (Post 1610034)
yours is an actual race car though, mines just an over powered street car lol

Yeah...it was an overpowering street that just evolved....lol