2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club

2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/index.php)
-   Fluid Systems (coolant, oil, fuel) (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=70)
-   -   Aeroforce interceptor oil pressure sensor (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/showthread.php?t=136001)

deancollins 06-06-2017 07:23 AM

Aeroforce interceptor oil pressure sensor

Hi all,

What adapter would I need to fit the Aeroforce interceptor oil pressure sensor?

Guess it would be some type of T fitting so that the stock sensor stays in place?

Thanks!

deancollins 06-06-2017 09:37 AM

Re: Aeroforce interceptor oil pressure sensor

That's if it is meant to go next to the stock sensor?

I did read this elsewhere ...

"If you're already running a blower, you'll need a T-fitting to go in between the oil feed line for the blower and the gage sender unit."

DSG2003Mach1 06-06-2017 11:19 AM

youre looking at old info, your blower is a self contained oiling unit. These cars actually have an extra port for an oil pressure sensor. If you do a search I posted about the adapter needed to make the aeroforce sensor work.

DO NOT OVER TIGHTEN! pipe threads expand as you go in order to seal, if you overtighten it you will crack the pot metal oil filter housing assembly and thats about a $130 mistake to get a new one from Ford...ask me how I know

deancollins 06-15-2017 04:20 AM

Going to give this a go on the weekend once the adapter you spoke about in anther thread arrives!

So where is the extra port that I should use? Next to the stock down by the filter?

Thanks!

DSG2003Mach1 06-15-2017 07:20 AM

Correct

deancollins 06-16-2017 09:05 AM

Awesome, cheers!

Is there a bolt or a bung in its place at the minute I guess?

DSG2003Mach1 06-16-2017 10:11 AM

Yes I wanna say it's uses an Allen key to remove.

Again, do NOT over tighten it! Hand tight another 3/4 turn or so with a wrench should be plenty. Once you set up the slope/intercept with key forward engine off I was showing slight positive pressure, I adjusted the formula slightly so it reads basically 0 with engine off

deancollins 06-22-2017 05:23 AM

Good to know! This is my next job once the little brass adapter you mentioned in your thread comes through!

Even that I could not find over here and I had to order from the US!

deancollins 06-23-2017 06:13 PM

Brass adapter thing came through!

Very tight fitting on the sensor, does not go in all the way down the complete thread. That ok to only be on 2/3s as such?

DSG2003Mach1 06-23-2017 06:52 PM

They are all npt meaning they expand as they go they will not seat flush

deancollins 06-26-2017 04:35 AM

Does looks OK? Does not sit flush on either the brass adapter or the actual slot (was very careful with not to turn too much past finger tight!).

Also used some Loctite on both threads - that OK?!

http://i.imgur.com/1SPeM3X.jpg

DSG2003Mach1 06-26-2017 07:58 AM

Eh not sure I would have used locktite, hopefully it was blue and not red.

Just spray the area down with. Take cleaner to get it cleaned up then start the car and see what happens. At worst case it should only drip a little if anything but I'd say it looks ok those type of fittings leave a few threads showing

deancollins 06-26-2017 09:27 AM

It was blue, so medium stuff.

I also have PTFE teflon tape that I use on radiators in the house. Maybe use that or just start it up and see how I get on?

DSG2003Mach1 06-26-2017 10:43 AM

i used a liquid PTFE and let it partially set then put it together. You gotta be careful with tape and such, wouldnt want any to end up in the system.

Personally at this point Id just start it up and see what happens, cold start is gonna see pretty high pressure so you should know pretty quickly if youve got a leak or not

deancollins 06-27-2017 04:23 AM

So i left it be and finished my wiring.

Started it up and no leaks from what I can see just yet! So all good at the minute.

What kind of readings should I expect to see with this now?

I got the usual minus figures with the engine off. Then with ignition on it is slightly off zero - so I just tweak the intercept right?

As for the when the car is idling then being driven, what are the type of reading I should keep an eye out for on a procharged Mach 1?

Thanks!

DSG2003Mach1 06-27-2017 08:13 AM

Yes I'd tweak it a tad to get as close to zero as possible. My built motor is built to different specs and clearances so not sure how comparible my pressures are. I see almost 100psi at cold start and falls to mid 20s at idle

deancollins 06-27-2017 09:29 AM

We don't adjust the slope do we?

OK cool, thanks. Yeah the way I understood it, upon start up while cold I should see high readings. As it warms up, low readings. And putting my foot down the readings should rise and drop depending on the throttle?

deancollins 07-03-2017 04:32 AM

So I used the car today for its first real run for longer than a few miles.

Noticed the oil pressure was around 90's and slowly lowered down to mid 20's/30's on idle.

Then when driving ranges between mid 30's and mid 70's depending on how fast I was going.

Looks normal to me from my understanding. You think that's OK?

DSG2003Mach1 07-03-2017 08:29 AM

sounds about right as far as i know

deancollins 07-03-2017 11:48 AM

Thanks very much!

Getting closer to the end.