2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club

2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Registry Discussion (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Mach 1 Registry & Ford Performance Group partnership!! (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/showthread.php?t=85825)

03Tremec 11-19-2008 07:19 PM

Re: Mach 1 Registry & Ford Performance Group partnership!!

Thanks for posting up the breakdowns guys...just printed it off for my collection instead of fighting with Ford for a copy....Thanks guys

24kmach 11-19-2008 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unrealford (Post 1073750)
I got one also, Maybe because me and Dave have the best colors "Yellow":)

Hay! Don't forget me. :anger:

jh 2004 mach 11-19-2008 08:26 PM

i got one also

Bill Hamilton 11-19-2008 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 24kmach (Post 1073878)
Hay! Don't forget me. :anger:

I had a Grabber Yellow Mustang years ago and when people would ask me how it ran, I would say,"It's yellow ain't it?" They would get the idea. (LOL)

24kmach 11-19-2008 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bill Hamilton (Post 1073924)
I had a Grabber Yellow Mustang years ago and when people would ask me how it ran, I would say,"It's yellow ain't it?" They would get the idea. (LOL)

Your reference must be.
The religion of the yellow stick (Scottish Gaelic: Creideamh-a’ bhata-bhuidhe) was a facetious name given to the forced "belief" of Church of Scotland Protestants by their Roman Catholic neighbours in the Hebrides of Scotland. Such actions, however, were not unique to the Hebrides, but occurred in other parts of Scotland in sterner times.

A Coll priest of former times was accustomed to drive recalcitrant natives to church by a smart application of his walking stick; those who yielded were thus said to come under Creideamh-a’ bhata-bhuidhe.

Another version says that Hector (Scottish Gaelic: Eachann) the son of Donald MacLean of Coll, was the one who applied the yellow stick. Hector was laird in 1715, and as the religion of the yellow stick was introduced into Rùm in 1726, it is beyond doubt that Hector was the author or propagator of it. He was dignified in appearance and stern in manners, and could no doubt wield the yellow stick gracefully and with efficiency. Dr Samuel Johnson, on his famous journey round the Hebrides (1775) encountered the story; in Rum he said that there were

"fifty-eight families, who continued Papists for some time after the Laird became a Protestant. Their adherence to their old religion was strengthened by the countenance of the Laird’s sister, a zealous Romanist, till one Sunday, as they were going to mass under the conduct of their patroness, MacLean met them on the way, gave one of them a blow on the head with a yellow stick, I suppose a cane, for which the Earse had no name [actually untrue], and drove them to the kirk, from which they have never since departed. Since the use of this method of conversion, the inhabitants of Egg [sic] and Canna, who continue Papists, call the Protestantism of Rum, the Religion of the Yellow Stick."
David Livingstone whose ancestors came from Ulva near Mull and Staffa said:

"Our ancestors were Roman Catholics; they were made Protestants by the laird coming round with a man having a yellow staff, which would seem to have attracted more attention than his teaching, for the new religion went long afterward, perhaps it does so still, by the name of the religion of the yellow stick".

Bill Hamilton 11-20-2008 07:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 24kmach (Post 1073973)
Your reference must be.
The religion of the yellow stick (Scottish Gaelic: Creideamh-a’ bhata-bhuidhe) was a facetious name given to the forced "belief" of Church of Scotland Protestants by their Roman Catholic neighbours in the Hebrides of Scotland. Such actions, however, were not unique to the Hebrides, but occurred in other parts of Scotland in sterner times.

A Coll priest of former times was accustomed to drive recalcitrant natives to church by a smart application of his walking stick; those who yielded were thus said to come under Creideamh-a’ bhata-bhuidhe.

Another version says that Hector (Scottish Gaelic: Eachann) the son of Donald MacLean of Coll, was the one who applied the yellow stick. Hector was laird in 1715, and as the religion of the yellow stick was introduced into Rùm in 1726, it is beyond doubt that Hector was the author or propagator of it. He was dignified in appearance and stern in manners, and could no doubt wield the yellow stick gracefully and with efficiency. Dr Samuel Johnson, on his famous journey round the Hebrides (1775) encountered the story; in Rum he said that there were

"fifty-eight families, who continued Papists for some time after the Laird became a Protestant. Their adherence to their old religion was strengthened by the countenance of the Laird’s sister, a zealous Romanist, till one Sunday, as they were going to mass under the conduct of their patroness, MacLean met them on the way, gave one of them a blow on the head with a yellow stick, I suppose a cane, for which the Earse had no name [actually untrue], and drove them to the kirk, from which they have never since departed. Since the use of this method of conversion, the inhabitants of Egg [sic] and Canna, who continue Papists, call the Protestantism of Rum, the Religion of the Yellow Stick."
David Livingstone whose ancestors came from Ulva near Mull and Staffa said:

"Our ancestors were Roman Catholics; they were made Protestants by the laird coming round with a man having a yellow staff, which would seem to have attracted more attention than his teaching, for the new religion went long afterward, perhaps it does so still, by the name of the religion of the yellow stick".

Russ, I guess this goes along the same lines as when my Son was born many, many years ago. I was a proud Popa and thought he had great coloring for a newborn baby. Come to find out he was colic and within a few days it went away and he had that splotchy new-born look, kinda like Grabber Yellow versus Zinc Yellow. :3amin:

Bill Hamilton 11-20-2008 07:31 AM

:) :) ;)

falcongtho3 11-20-2008 07:32 AM

As a decendent of that Scottish clan (Duart of MacLean), I now cast out the yellow stick theory and replace it with the Torch Red Mach onto our family coats arms!

:borg:

Bill Hamilton 11-20-2008 07:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by falcongtho3 (Post 1074053)
As a decendent of that Scottish clan (Duart of MacLean), I now cast out the yellow stick theory and replace it with the Torch Red Mach onto our family coats arms!

When my Son was in junior high school he had to do a "Coat of Arms" for a class project I drew one similar to below. Needless to say, the teacher failed to see the humor in it and gave him a failing grade.

http://familytreemaker.genealogy.com.../0008photo.jpg

falcongtho3 11-20-2008 08:41 PM

So you're saying you failed junion high!?!

I like the drawing, and fail to see the arm in it.

:23:

Bill Hamilton 11-20-2008 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by falcongtho3 (Post 1074406)
So you're saying you failed junion high!?!

I like the drawing, and fail to see the arm in it.

:23:

Oh no, I passed. But my Son did so poorly that the only college he could get into was the same one your Dad attended if you remember correctly. :3amin:

falcongtho3 11-20-2008 10:15 PM

Yep. A great place to be from, but a terrible place to be.

OSUALUM78 11-24-2008 01:28 AM

Got mine a few days ago

For those that want to know, I paid $76.50 for two copies of the certificate

Mine is #2384 of the 7182 for the 04 model year, built on 11/18/03

I also got in an original unmolested 2004 8x10 color brochure booklet for the Mustangs from Ebay for $5 the same day too

03mach1 11-24-2008 07:45 AM

I will check with Ford to make sure people are getting what they are supposed to.

HAEG 12-01-2008 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GRB60 (Post 1073622)
Ordered today... #8242 of 9652
Built on 7/16/03

Hey Greg check it out my car was built a day after yours and it's already almost 40 numbers different. That could mean there were several built in a day. My car was serial # 8280 built on 7/17/03.

I received five piece's of paper inside my UPS envelope.
1 The billing sheet for purchase of the certificate.
2 A letter from Ford
3 The actual certificate
4 A VIN decoder sheet
5 A 2003 Mach1 color, interior & transmission number break down sheet

03mach1 12-02-2008 08:37 AM

If you want, we can add You Screen Names, Build Dates and Sequence numbers to the members database?

Let me know get a screen setup for this info. Then, It will be easier to update for me. I will post when I have it completed.

Tony Alonso 12-02-2008 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 03mach1 (Post 1079425)
If you want, we can add You Screen Names, Build Dates and Sequence numbers to the members database?

Let me know get a screen setup for this info. Then, It will be easier to update for me. I will post when I have it completed.

Please do - that would be great!

old school 12-02-2008 05:29 PM

Hmmm, I wonder if they have a Cert. for a 70'...............:claus:

Bill Hamilton 12-02-2008 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by old school (Post 1079620)
Hmmm, I wonder if they have a Cert. for a 70'...............:claus:

That's called a Marti Report and I can't believe you don't have one of those already. :3amin:

old school 12-02-2008 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bill Hamilton (Post 1079621)
That's called a Marti Report and I can't believe you don't have one of those already. :3amin:

Yeah..got it..just lookin' for a little love from Ford being such a loyal customer !!:wings:

HAEG 12-02-2008 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tony Alonso (Post 1079459)
Please do - that would be great!

2nd :claus:

jh 2004 mach 12-02-2008 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HAEG (Post 1079714)
2nd :claus:

3rd :CHEERS:

Bill Hamilton 12-02-2008 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by old school (Post 1079653)
Yeah..got it..just lookin' for a little love from Ford being such a loyal customer !!:wings:

Hey Chris, I've been looking for "your" Franklin Mint lately but can't find any out there. I've got a Yellow, Red, and Black '70 Mach's but haven't been able to find one of your's. Think there's still some out there? :)

MachWonGuy 12-02-2008 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bill Hamilton (Post 1079724)
Hey Chris, I've been looking for "your" Franklin Mint lately but can't find any out there. I've got a Yellow, Red, and Black '70 Mach's but haven't been able to find one of your's. Think there's still some out there? :)

Aren't those the only colours that Franklin Mint produced?

falcongtho3 12-02-2008 10:16 PM

They did an orange, which I suppose was a representation of Grabber Orange, but wasn't. It wasn't in production very long and brings strong money on the secondary market.