2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club

2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Registry Discussion (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   NASCAR thread (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/showthread.php?t=55315)

ylopony 06-24-2008 07:08 AM

Re: NASCAR thread

Quote:

Originally Posted by pic18 (Post 1011437)
I'd say it's definitely him. He took over the 5 car from Terry Labonte and consistently ran top 10 and led laps before crashing. Then he took over the 18 and picked up how he was in the 5 car, except now he's not crashing. Love him or hate him, the kid is a natural driving talent.

There is no doubt that the idiot is a very good driver. In fact, he could very well be a dominate driver for many years. However, in the 5 car he was good but not dominate. Also don't forget he was on a very good team as well.

Even with a good car he still has to bring it home and he has done that 5 times this year. I'll give him that credit. But what I am referring to is the way that car pulls away from everyone else the way it does. That car week in and week out pulls out 6-8 car lengths on a caution restart. I think credit to the team needs some credit as well. I think they are a big part of his success this year.

Yes, I dislike Kyle Busch. But when he is not making right hand turns on an oval track or playing county fair demolition derby with the rest of the field he has become one of the best.

gvervoren 06-29-2008 10:03 AM

Stewart and Newman to HAAS CNC racing and Stewart as part owner?

Scroll down to almost half way down the page.

http://www.jayski.com/cupnews.htm

falcongtho3 06-29-2008 11:59 AM

Should make Stewrat happy, not that it really matters to me.
I'd hate to see Mark go to HMS. Then I wouldn't be able to call them all a talentless bunch of lucky buffoons...

:borg:

birdman941 06-29-2008 01:40 PM

Anyone else notice that Jeffy cannot drive the COT?
He does not posess the ability,
just as Jack Roush said he didn't.
Haaa haaaa.......................

G 06-29-2008 05:57 PM

Shrub is an AZZ, he never mentioned his brother to offer congrats. Kurt always mentions him. I was happy with the outcome today and from time to time we saw some good racing. Juan is my new hero. :23: :worship:

gvervoren 06-29-2008 07:09 PM

That was funny with Juan. Then he openly admits that he did it on purpose.

ylopony 06-29-2008 11:58 PM

Dang, I missed the whole race. I was in the Bahama's at the Atlantis Resort and just got in. I love Juan Pablo. :23:

falcongtho3 06-30-2008 07:25 AM

Hmmm....Atlantis in the Bahamas...or lame, rained shortened Cup race that did have a WWE level confrontation? Yep, you missed out! :3amin:

02mach1 07-01-2008 11:44 AM

Ok it is time for 400 go Carl 99#

falcongtho3 07-05-2008 11:56 PM

Dumbo lucks out again. No hard feelings about the HMS finshers, either. I can't believe Matt didn't do a better job in getting Edwards a better push to get out in front of Kyle. Carl probably had a better chance with Kurt getting him to the front if it'd gone the full distance.

birdman941 07-06-2008 12:04 AM

It was great to see the 24 wreck.

G 07-06-2008 02:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by birdman941 (Post 1016128)

Actually I didn't enjoy that at all. I was looking forward to seeing him deal with bigears. :23:

02mach1 07-06-2008 02:14 AM

Quote:

It was great,:23:

falcongtho3 07-06-2008 08:13 AM

Quote:

I think I liked the 48s wreck better.

Nothing like a little last lap carnage to make it really interesting. We all knew there was going to be the big one...just didn't expect it when it did. But then, you never do.

ylopony 07-06-2008 08:19 AM

Of course you guys know I'm going to say I hated to see the #24 & #48 get taken out. However, you have to admit that Gordon showed all the class in the world with the media. He didn't pass the blame, shove the camera man, or curse to no end. Instead, he showed that he is a class act.

With all that said I really hate restricter plate racing. There is nothing exciting about the last 30 laps taking an hour because of all the cars bouncing off the wall. I think it would have been more exciting watching Busch, Gordon, and Edwards fight it out over the last 10 laps than slow restarts, wrecked cars, and deciding who hit the scoring loop first in the last caution.For me this is not what makes racing interesting. And what is really the most distressing of all of this is that Kyle Busch won again. :eyes:

Thunderbolt 07-06-2008 02:04 PM

That race was making me ill when Gordon, E Jr. and Johnson were 1,2,3, and then the commentators say Martin is going to Hendrick's and he was in 4th place at the time. BAAAAARF!! This reminds me of another team in sports, the New England Patsies. BAAAAARF again.

ylopony 07-06-2008 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thunderbolt (Post 1016311)
That race was making me ill when Gordon, E Jr. and Johnson were 1,2,3, and then the commentators say Martin is going to Hendrick's and he was in 4th place at the time. BAAAAARF!! This reminds me of another team in sports, the New England Patsies. BAAAAARF again.

I think you need to look at your avitar. The team you display has done far more than the cheating Patriots. I feel the same way about the Squeelers, BAAAAARF. LOL

birdman941 07-06-2008 04:25 PM

The most horrible thing was the coverage on TNT.
Commercial after commercial.
I was only 1/2 watching it and it was very annoying.
A little commercial in the corner of the screen with no race audio,
then, when that's done, another freaking commercial!
It was absolutely sickening.
Just let Fox and Speed cover the races and be done with it.
All others are crap.

Thunderbolt 07-06-2008 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ylopony (Post 1016343)
I think you need to look at your avitar. The team you display has done far more than the cheating Patriots. I feel the same way about the Squeelers, BAAAAARF. LOL

:23: You won't hear a Patsy fan say that. The difference between now and back in the 70's is that their were alot less sources to burn stuff into the ground. Today you have cable tv and the internet to burn everything into the ground even more. Hell, if the Steelers won 4 Superbowls now I'd probably hate them too. :3amin:

I thought the small tv commercials were a good idea. I hate when it goes to commercial and you miss something. I think the one thing they need to do is fire Kyle Petty. I think he sucks. Put Jarrett or some kind of legitimate champion racer in the booth.

ylopony 07-07-2008 06:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thunderbolt (Post 1016422)
:23:
I thought the small tv commercials were a good idea. I hate when it goes to commercial and you miss something. I think the one thing they need to do is fire Kyle Petty. I think he sucks. Put Jarrett or some kind of legitimate champion racer in the booth.

I also liked the idea of the small box for commercials while still seeing the race. The only problem was there were just way to many of them. As for Kyle, give him a little hippie weed and I'll bet he will be just fine in the booth. :23:

FEARED 07-07-2008 05:24 PM

You guys need to calm down and "Hydrate with some COKE ZERO!!"

Are you kidding me? I hate all those **** plugs with products, its like every other word coming out of their mouth. Maybee one every once and a while, but **** kyle, lay off on the product placement.

Other than that, intresting racing.. i dont agree with the end though, i wanted to see an acctual finish.

02mach1 07-07-2008 10:58 PM

ESPN does better then TNT on the races. it should be FOX/Speed &ESPN/ABC Cover the races.

ylopony 07-09-2008 08:08 AM

So the word is JGR is going to announce today officially what we have known since February. Tony Stewrat is leaving Joe Gibbs. I really don't like the guy as a person, however I applaud him doing this. He want's to own his own team and is taking a gamble leaving a successful organization like JGR(Toyota traitor). I don't think Stewrat was very excited about being in a Toyota either.

G 07-09-2008 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ylopony (Post 1017550)
So the word is JGR is going to announce today officially what we have known since February. Tony Stewrat is leaving Joe Gibbs. I really don't like the guy as a person, however I applaud him doing this. He want's to own his own team and is taking a gamble leaving a successful organization like JGR(Toyota traitor). I don't think Stewrat was very excited about being in a Toyota either.

He really hates the yota switch and will soon be able to verbalize his distaste for Toyota. :butt:

http://www.nascar.com/2008/news/opin...aas/index.html

falcongtho3 07-09-2008 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by G (Post 1017646)
He really hates the yota switch and will soon be able to verbalize his distaste for Toyota. :butt:

Plus, he's had to hand the limelight over to Dumbo! As well as the new kid they've got running for JGR...