2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club

2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Registry Discussion (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   NASCAR thread (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/showthread.php?t=55315)

Thunderbolt 02-17-2008 09:37 PM

Re: NASCAR thread

Quote:

Originally Posted by 03BumbleBee (Post 952496)
I agree 100%...they need to put a cap on Daryl Waltrip, he's become nothing but a marketing tool for Toileta.:anger:

Darrell made some bucks with those Toyota commercials and racing the trucks with them, so I'm sure it's just like when the driver's hoist up a Coke or Gatorade before or after the race. The person probably gets some money for mentioning or seeing their product.

G 02-17-2008 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Azure Blurr (Post 952456)
I'm glad to see Ryan win. WTH is with this weather G? We just got some rough winds with tornados a couple of miles up the road.:wow:

It got rough here too. We had some of that Forrest Gump sideways rain coming in the back door. :23:

I'm shocked the power stayed on. I got to see the whole race day with about 10 interuptions for weather warnings/alerts. :smokin:

02mach1 02-17-2008 11:41 PM

Quote:

I agree 100%...they need to put a cap on Daryl Waltrip, he's become nothing but a marketing tool for Toileta.:anger:

And Speed tv to,:butt:

G 02-18-2008 12:26 AM

Better than silencing DW and others ---- outrun their azz'es the rest of the season. Then bring them some cheese to go with that whine. :23:

03mach69mach 02-18-2008 07:11 AM

Quote:

AMEN!!:worship:

He needs to go to the house, Boogity, Boogity, Boogity!

ylopony 02-18-2008 08:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by falcongtho3 (Post 952447)
I'm very happy wiht the finish, hopefully shutting up all the Toyota/Chevy (JGR/Hendrick) pundits we've had to listen endlessly the last few weeks. The Ford weren't left in the dust like everyone was saying, the Dodges held the high road and quietly took the thing with class and dignity.

:borg:

Geez, after being on this thread for 3 years I thought it was all about having some fun, doing a little ribbing of each other, and wait till race day to see who actually wins. Or at least that is the way it was. Will it shut me up. Heck no. I'm not a front running Johnson/Gordon fan.(Check this thread from the beginning) But with that, I'lll never tell someone hopefully they will shut up. I'll leave that to you.

As for the race, I'm glad that a class guy like Ryan Newman won the race. Better even that one of the Toyota punks in Stewart or Busch did not win the race.

With a house full of friends over, I sure did have to eat crow. But when it's all said and done the #24, #48,#88 will be right there chasing the title.

pic18 02-18-2008 10:13 AM

Among the top 5 guys with a shot at the end, I was happy to see Ryan pull out the win. And an 11th place Finish for Bobby Labonte made me pretty happy.

I also liked the race with the new cars. I never liked the big wrecks that usually happen at these tracks. The last thing I'd want is for any driver not to climb out of his car after a giant wreck. These cars seemed to stay on their wheels, and offer drivers enough control to avoid the big wreck. 43 drivers enter the race, 43 drivers walked away from the race!

02mach1 02-18-2008 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 03mach69mach (Post 952720)
AMEN!!:worship:

He needs to go to the house, Boogity, Boogity, Boogity!

Good one:23: the CA race will go to a Ford,:wings:

gvervoren 02-18-2008 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mach1 03 (Post 952512)
This is America and NASCAR is an American sport Toyota has no business being in it.

Just remember, like it or not, Toyota is made in AMERICA. It may have a foreign name but it is still made here in the states.

On a side note, I've been a Newman fan since his rookie year also and I am so glad he has ended his losing streak by winning the Daytona 500!!!!!! I was hoping he would jump out to the outside lane in front of Kurt cause I knew he would push him to the win and that is exactly what happened.

MAC[H]Z 02-18-2008 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gvervoren (Post 952895)
Just remember, like it or not, Toyota is made in AMERICA. It may have a foreign name but it is still made here in the states.

On a side note, I've been a Newman fan since his rookie year also and I am so glad he has ended his losing streak by winning the Daytona 500!!!!!! I was hoping he would jump out to the outside lane in front of Kurt cause I knew he would push him to the win and that is exactly what happened.

Define "Made in America", sure Toyota and the others would love you to think of them as an American company but you need to look a little deeper into the company. Do they employ American workers? sure they do but these are workers that could be working at another brand GM, Ford and so on. The bottom line is that Toyota exported 16Billion out of this company last year so don't fool yourself thinking that they are an American company. "Like it or not".

falcongtho3 02-18-2008 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ylopony (Post 952727)
Geez, after being on this thread for 3 years I thought it was all about having some fun, doing a little ribbing of each other, and wait till race day to see who actually wins. Or at least that is the way it was. Will it shut me up. Heck no. I'm not a front running Johnson/Gordon fan.(Check this thread from the beginning) But with that, I'lll never tell someone hopefully they will shut up. I'll leave that to you.

Ribbed??? For whose pleasure???:butt:

I wasn't talking about any of the smack here, I was talking about CNN, USA Today, ESPN and probably even the Food Network. That's all I heard day in and day out, for weeks! Junior this, and Hendrick that. The hilarious part was listening to the stick and ball expert on CNN:HN this moring talk about the Kendrick Team and Jeff Jordan! Whatta maroon!!!!

Let the smack-talk resume!

Azure Blurr 02-18-2008 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by falcongtho3 (Post 952988)
The hilarious part was listening to the stick and ball expert on CNN:HN this moring talk about the Kendrick Team and Jeff Jordan! Whatta maroon!!!!

Oh now he's in with the likes of Micheal?!? :crazy:

G 02-18-2008 09:29 PM

Quote:

I wasn't talking about any of the smack here, I was talking about CNN, USA Today, ESPN and probably even the Food Network. That's all I heard day in and day out, for weeks! Junior this, and Hendrick that. The hilarious part was listening to the stick and ball expert on CNN:HN this moring talk about the Kendrick Team and Jeff Jordan! Whatta maroon!!!!

The food network is much better than CNN on MOST things. Fox does pretty good with the coverage and behind the scenes stuff. :worship:

ylopony 02-19-2008 06:55 AM

Quote:

I'll agree with you there. All you heard about was Hendricks and Gibbs. But then again that don't surprise me. Those two teams whether someone likes them or not have the best equipment and the best drivers.

I am with a majority here and have to admit that I'm getting sick and tired of hearing DW talk about the Toyota's with every peep that comes out of his freaking pie hole.

Now, back to the smack talk for California. :3amin:

gvervoren 02-20-2008 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ylopony (Post 953158)
I'm getting sick and tired of hearing DW talk about the Toyota's with every peep that comes out of his freaking pie hole.

That is so true!!!!!

falcongtho3 02-21-2008 07:41 AM

Just a random thought...with the introduction of the new Pontiac G8 not far away, wouldn't it make sense for someone to use that as a GM Cup car. This way not everyone and his mother running the Impala 'body' could switch over and give some differentiaiton to the GM field. Chevy might not like it as it might cut back their wins with that brand, but I vividly recall Pontiac, as well as Oldmobile and Buick being players in the NASCAR field as well as Mercury for Ford. Just a thought...

03mach69mach 02-21-2008 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mach1Marauder (Post 954355)
Why does Nascar make the teams jump across the country?.....just a thought.:smokin:

Because they can!!

:)

Blackpony04 02-21-2008 11:11 AM

Quote:

Why does Nascar make the teams jump across the country?.....just a thought.:smokin:

Because it's always been that way! They raced well over 60 races a year back in the 50s including Wednesdays and Sundays and have had a race in Kalifornia for over 50 years. Teams that whine about the schedule need to unwad ze panties and get over it. Yes NASCAR has predominantly been a southern sport, but by reaching out to other areas of the country (or continent for that matter) they've been able to extend their appeal to a broader section of the country.

Personally, I think Daytona, Bristol, Richmond, Martinsville and Talladega need to be the only tracks with two races so the extra Michigan, Atlanta, Texas, Kalifornia, and especially Pocono (they're 6 weeks apart WTF?!?) races can go to Darlington (with the Southern 500 restored and raced there on Labor Day), Rockingham, and three new SHORT non-cookie cutter tracks that need to be built to keep the sport fun.

02mach1 02-21-2008 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by falcongtho3 (Post 954346)
Just a random thought...with the introduction of the new Pontiac G8 not far away, wouldn't it make sense for someone to use that as a GM Cup car. This way not everyone and his mother running the Impala 'body' could switch over and give some differentiaiton to the GM field. Chevy might not like it as it might cut back their wins with that brand, but I vividly recall Pontiac, as well as Oldmobile and Buick being players in the NASCAR field as well as Mercury for Ford. Just a thought...

GM needs to bring G8 to Nascar because Pontiac have good history with Nascar plus Ford should Mercury Milan's car grill and trail lights decals on Woodbrothers 21 car.

G 02-21-2008 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blackpony04 (Post 954408)
Because it's always been that way! They raced well over 60 races a year back in the 50s including Wednesdays and Sundays and have had a race in Kalifornia for over 50 years. Teams that whine about the schedule need to unwad ze panties and get over it. Yes NASCAR has predominantly been a southern sport, but by reaching out to other areas of the country (or continent for that matter) they've been able to extend their appeal to a broader section of the country.

Personally, I think Daytona, Bristol, Richmond, Martinsville and Talladega need to be the only tracks with two races so the extra Michigan, Atlanta, Texas, Kalifornia, and especially Pocono (they're 6 weeks apart WTF?!?) races can go to Darlington (with the Southern 500 restored and raced there on Labor Day), Rockingham, and three new SHORT non-cookie cutter tracks that need to be built to keep the sport fun.

I agree, especially about Darlington. They have nothing to complain about, the top 35 essentially have a franchise and get paid plenty for what they do. Let them go back to the 60+ races a year with some of them being on dirt. :smokin:

Azure Blurr 02-21-2008 05:50 PM

Quote:

Owned by Exxon :OUCH:

02mach1 02-22-2008 01:42 AM

Ok now who's going win the race sunday?

I take Tony #20

no no :23: I'll take #16 :claus:

FEARED 02-22-2008 10:26 AM

number 88

gvervoren 02-22-2008 01:21 PM

I'll just say, one of the Hendrick boys.