2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club

2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Registry Discussion (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   NASCAR thread (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/showthread.php?t=55315)

Rice_slayer 08-12-2012 10:06 PM

Re: NASCAR thread

Best race of the year by far, and it REALLY upped my respect for Keselowski, showed good class for once after an amazing battle to the finish. I wish more races were liked that, then you got cry baby gordon whining about cautions when he won last week due to a caution that LITERALLY waited for the rain to come. Still pulling for edwards, some tracks coming up that he is really good at.

Looking forward to seeing the blue deuce as a Ford again, Brad gained a lot of respect back thats for sure, considering how he used to race ala edwards into the fence, he's come along ways!

Thunderbolt 08-19-2012 02:39 PM

I noticed they got rid of 3 of 4 grandstands in turn 3/4 at Michigan. The huge grandstand I was in they got rid of. Wicked Mark Martin crash. If that car had got inside of that retaining wall it would have mowed down alot of pit crews.

falcongtho3 08-19-2012 07:40 PM

He was lucky that it hit where it did. Otherwise he could have been really serious.
Too bad about Johnson's engine...not!

:borg:

Thunderbolt 08-19-2012 11:10 PM

I did'nt really want to see Johnson win again, and BOOM! That was great. I have'nt kept up with the points (not that it matters right now), but it's nice that Ford is 1,2.

Thunderbolt 08-25-2012 10:09 PM

Bristol baby!! Nice helmet to the windshield Tony! That was funny. It was Stewart's fault anyway I thought.

falcongtho3 08-25-2012 11:16 PM

It did look like Stewrat was at fault. He was being the Stewrat of old. Hated that Carls car fell of as badly as it did, and then ran out of gas. D'Oh!
Nice 5th place run by Ambrose.

Rice_slayer 08-26-2012 01:06 PM

That missed pit cue cost edwards sadly. 2 more races, if stewart keeps sucking the big one, edwards might make it on points! Hopefully he can win again at Atlanta next sunday night. Despite not having a Ford win, that was still an entertaining race last night that's for sure!

blown03Mach1 08-26-2012 03:11 PM

No surprises for me in this race.

1. Pole Smoke Stewart re-confirmed he is a D-bag and way to act Mr. Sprint Champion. I would like to see a fine and I hope this race is the way all your remaining races go.

2. Danica failed to finish yet again. Who else thought that might happen....EVERYONE! I don't care who's fault it was, she crashed YET AGAIN!!! I was quietly hoping she would throw her helmet just so I could see her throw like a girl LOL

I do like her because she is racking up those repair bills for Tony.... LOVE IT!!!

Rice_slayer 08-26-2012 03:29 PM

Guessing you hate stewart as much as me blown03? I was shocked Danika made it THAT far, me and my brother were placing bets on her being out by lap 50 lol. Stewart won't get a fine, he's nascar's fat love child.

blown03Mach1 08-26-2012 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rice_slayer (Post 1505641)
Guessing you hate stewart as much as me blown03? I was shocked Danika made it THAT far, me and my brother were placing bets on her being out by lap 50 lol. Stewart won't get a fine, he's nascar's fat love child.

I dont care for Pole Smoke or Pee Wee Busch..

Funny thing is everyone gave/gives Gordon crap saying he is gay, but can anyone show me a picture of Pole Smoke hans and hand or kissing a female other than his mom?

Like you I kind of play a game similar to Pass Time and guess how long Danica will last... I usual guess very low, but never in the first two laps..I may need to change my thoughts on this....

Thunderbolt 08-26-2012 08:09 PM

I was screaming at the tv for Danica to throw her helmet. I was gonna die laughing if she would have. I missed whatever pit screw up Edward's had. Man, did he drop like a rock at the end. Thanks to Sonoco E15 for him running out of gas. The last 100 or so laps of that race were the most entertaining I've seen at Bristol in quite awhile.

falcongtho3 08-26-2012 08:26 PM

Glad I wasn't the only one who was disappointed that Danica didn't giver her helmet a toss. (At least she could have used a different finger when she was pointing at the offending driver!)
Smokes actions may have made the highlight reel, but I hope he gets tagged with some kind of fine for acting out like he did.

Thunderbolt 09-03-2012 02:35 PM

The commentators practically lulled the audience into thinking Truex had the race locked. Then the caution. Truex had himself beat right then and there. Even though he was pitting right along with everyone else, he had no confidence he was gonna win on a restart, so of course he screwed that up.

WalkrTexasRngr 09-03-2012 07:49 PM

^^Agreed. I'm glad Gil Martin is back with Harvick. Gives me a little hope for the Chase. I'm heading to Richmond on Saturday. :COOL:
Im hoping Gordon gets denied access into a wildcard on Saturday. My buddies and I have a bet going this year. The highest finisher gets a 30 pack. The lowest finisher has to buy digger apparel and wear it out bar hopping. My buddy turtle is a die hard Gordon fan and everyone else already has drivers locked into the chase:)

Rice_slayer 09-03-2012 10:02 PM

It was an all around boring race. Bristol was pretty exciting to watch, Atlanta, not so much. Edwards is done sadly, he's not 100% knocked out but I highly doubt he'll make it. Guess I'll be cheering for the 16 and 17 teams with hoping the 99 team can get a win lol.

Thunderbolt 09-03-2012 10:45 PM

No, it was'nt that exciting. I'm looking at the scrolling screen after 150 laps and 13 cars are on the lead lap. I nodded off a couple times, but I do like the night races. Looking forward to Richmond this weekend.

blown03Mach1 09-09-2012 10:43 AM

In my eyes (as crappy as they are), the season could end now and I would be happy. Gordon took the last chase spot from Pee-Wee! Got to love it... Now we get to hear Pee-Wee whine for the rest of the season.

BTW props to Jr for assisting his team mate.

Thunderbolt 09-09-2012 01:44 PM

I can't believe they ran that race as late as they did, but I'm glad they did. I think the rain delays made it even more interesting. That caution around lap 280 turned everything on its ear.

blown03Mach1 09-09-2012 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thunderbolt (Post 1507834)
I can't believe they ran that race as late as they did, but I'm glad they did. I think the rain delays made it even more interesting. That caution around lap 280 turned everything on its ear.

I will be honest, I turned the race off after the rain delay before the half way point. Not surprised Bowyer won as he had a good car. I was surprised Jeff came in second as he was a lap down and had
a car that handled like doo doo.

Thunderbolt 09-09-2012 03:49 PM

After the 2nd rain delay I would have bet my Mach they would have canceled the race until today, but I just happened to turn it back to the race and shockingly they were restarting it. Saw the whole race and it was only about 10pm here. I luv the west coast time zone for sporting events.

That was incredible Bowyer went 123 laps on a tank of gas, especially when the other cars that pitted around the same time as him were pitting again. I think someone already mentioned this, but that sucks that Kenseth is going to the 'Yota side. He's been a Ford staple.

Rice_slayer 09-10-2012 02:43 PM

The way that race ended was just really weird, almost seemed fixed with how gordon somehow "magically" ended up front like that. Edwards team screwed themselves with pitting 5 laps before the rain fell. Whoever made that call should be fired lol.

311-420 09-10-2012 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blown03Mach1 (Post 1507823)
In my eyes (as crappy as they are), the season could end now and I would be happy. Gordon took the last chase spot from Pee-Wee! Got to love it... Now we get to hear Pee-Wee whine for the rest of the season.

BTW props to Jr for assisting his team mate.

I bet you don't hear KB whine once. He didn't whine immediately following the race, he's not going to whine weeks later, either. :orange:

Thunderbolt 09-10-2012 05:44 PM

It was a miracle he even did that one sentence interview. Anymore than one sentence and he would have been whining.

WalkrTexasRngr 11-11-2012 05:30 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Uhhh Ohhh Attachment 60604

falcongtho3 11-11-2012 06:50 PM

Wall, meet JJ. JJ, meet the wall.