2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club

2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/index.php)
-   Mustangs Parts For Sale/Wanted (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   ABS Pump Delete Brake Manifold (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/showthread.php?t=53186)

Phil 08-07-2006 07:57 PM

Re: ABS Pump Delete Brake Manifold

Quote:

Originally Posted by DTMach1
Quick question, is there a way to shut off the ABS light? Or do ya just deal with it?

As of now, my ABS light stays on.. I have to talk to J. Chambers to see if it can be turned off by a tuner!!??..

DTMach1 08-07-2006 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phil
As of now, my ABS light stays on.. I have to talk to J. Chambers to see if it can be turned off by a tuner!!??..

Cool, I was wondering if it could be removed with a tune, or maybe pulling a reference line out of the 'puter.

manny 08-08-2006 08:48 PM

You might have to live with that light Phil. My ABS light comes on each time I start the engine and drive it for 3 miles or more, and stays on until I turn off the engine and restart it, at which time it resets itself, only to come on again within 3 miles of driving. The reason that this happens with my car is because I have the ET Streets on, and the ABS asensors are not reading the same speed at all wheels due to the difference in size on the front/rear tires. You can always take out the bulb if needed though, since you are no longer ABS equipped anyways. I asked my tuner about turning off the light and he told me that he couldn't.

DTMach1 08-08-2006 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by manny
You might have to live with that light Phil. My ABS light comes on each time I start the engine and drive it for 3 miles or more, and stays on until I turn off the engine and restart it, at which time it resets itself, only to come on again within 3 miles of driving. The reason that this happens with my car is because I have the ET Streets on, and the ABS asensors are not reading the same speed at all wheels due to the difference in size on the front/rear tires. You can always take out the bulb if needed though, since you are no longer ABS equipped anyways. I asked my tuner about turning off the light and he told me that he couldn't.

Anyone have a usable wiring diagram to the PCM? I think you should be able to pull the ABS refrence line from the 'puter...but who knows.

Phil 08-09-2006 05:56 AM

Quote:

Manny,

Your right, my ABS light has been on since last year when I pulled the rear sensors & exciter rings. Earlier this year I pulled the fuse to ABS pump & now just recently removed the pump. I may just remove the bulbs, I have the air bag & abs light that stay on all the time.

manny 08-10-2006 01:40 PM

When are you going to test out the new rear at the track? I'm guessing that you will shave off another 3 tenths minimum.

Phil 08-10-2006 04:06 PM

Quote:

When are you going to test out the new rear at the track? I'm guessing that you will shave off another 3 tenths minimum.

Tomorrow night pending weather..

manny 08-10-2006 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phil
Tomorrow night pending weather..

Standing-by for a track report :eyebrows:

Phil 08-10-2006 09:08 PM

Quote:

Standing-by for a track report :eyebrows:

LoL Manny!! I hope to give you a good one..

I took the Mach out tonight for a hard 30 min street/highway run and it hooks great at street psi. On the highway it brakes nice & straight without locking up the skinnies when really hitting the brakes hard.

BONESTOCK 05-07-2007 06:08 AM

Cool! How's this part doing for you now?

I don't have ABS either cause of my 31 spline in the back.

It'll never have ABS again so I minus well remove all the crap! haha

Do you have one of the blocks you made up?!

YellowMenace 05-07-2007 09:18 AM

My buddy Loyd got one of these and it works beautifully. He no longer has hydro-boost either. Just plain old manual brakes on a race car.

Phil 05-07-2007 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BONESTOCK (Post 790778)
Cool! How's this part doing for you now?

I don't have ABS either cause of my 31 spline in the back.

It'll never have ABS again so I minus well remove all the crap! haha

Do you have one of the blocks you made up?!

No problems with it so far! Mike, I sent you a PM!

BONESTOCK 05-07-2007 08:15 PM

Thanks!

Phil 05-10-2007 10:13 PM

If anyone is interested in having one of these ABS pump delete manifolds, let me know.

BONESTOCK 05-11-2007 09:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phil (Post 792792)
If anyone is interested in having one of these ABS pump delete manifolds, let me know.

Raises hand! But you already knew that! haha

Phil 05-11-2007 10:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BONESTOCK (Post 792976)
Raises hand! But you already knew that! haha

Your all set Mike, will be shipping yours tomorrow (Saturday). I sent you an e-mail.

Phil 05-11-2007 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mach1Marauder (Post 792981)
I'm putting mine on to help with room fer da twins.......just to make it easier to work on.

Bill,

Let me know how the install goes. make sure you use some anti-seize on the threads. You will have to slightly bend some of the brake lines to align with the holes.

BONESTOCK 05-12-2007 02:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phil (Post 793382)
Bill,

Let me know how the install goes. make sure you use some anti-seize on the threads. You will have to slightly bend some of the brake lines to align with the holes.

Hey Phil. When we do that we just bleed the brakes like normal, right?

Phil 05-12-2007 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BONESTOCK (Post 793448)
Hey Phil. When we do that we just bleed the brakes like normal, right?

Yes, what the col. posted!

lapper 10-26-2007 09:57 AM

Hate to raise a dead thread, but I'm interested in the ABS delete manifold.

Are you still making these? I have a 97 Cobra that I want to delete the ABS on. I'm assuming the lines and such are the same on both models.

So, are you still offering these?
Thanks!

4-v mach 10-26-2007 11:25 AM

PM'ed

UCF_stang 10-26-2007 10:06 PM

Is there any way that you could design one for the 96-98 Cobras? I know my 96's is different from my roomate's Mach 1. unfortanetly.

YellowMenace 10-26-2007 11:35 PM

If any of you guys put on one of these and have no use for your ABS controller (the eletronic part, not the physical part the manifold replaces), I'm interested in one. My ABS turns it's self off erratically and my Ford brake tech thinks its the controller.