2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club

2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/index.php)
-   Engine & Drivetrain (Including trans & rear axles) (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=64)
-   -   I think I broke something I'm my drivetrain trying to bump start my mach (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/showthread.php?t=135961)

Mach1Junkie 05-12-2017 09:18 PM

I think I broke something I'm my drivetrain trying to bump start my mach

Hey guys I was driving my mach ave it started raining. I'm guessing my blower sucked water into my maf or that the belt was slipping because I lost all power , I could not get it to turn over and I wss going down hill so I figured I'd Just pop the clutch, use the momentum to start the car and limp it home. When I dumped the clutch itsounded like a 12 gauge went off under the car. Didn't start. Sat on side of the road for a bit and miraculously it started but now my clutch engages within the first inch from the floor. And never disengages all the way even floored. I had to drive it matching revs w/o a clutch . Is it possible that since my clutch cable and quadrant are the only stock parts on the car and failed or is it more likely my built drivetrain (cf driveshaft, moser axles, t-56 magnum 6 speed) broke from bring bump started on wet road

Vndcatr 05-14-2017 03:14 PM

Re: I think I broke something I'm my drivetrain trying to bump start my mach

lol d*mn how fast was the car rolling down when you popped the clutch? Guess you should start with pulling the trans and seeing what that clutch looks like

01yellerCobra 05-14-2017 04:37 PM

Start with the easy stuff. Clutch cable, quadrant, etc. I remember I snapped a cable and it wasn't quiet when it went.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Mach1Junkie 05-16-2017 01:36 PM

I was maybe going 25, maybe.was on a slick road I figured the tires would lose traction before anything would break. I hope it's the cable or quadrant. I don't think the cable snapped completely cause I can still disengage the clutch slightly. I'm gonna check on you tube how to locate the quadrant/cable if I can't find it myself hopefully I broke the factory quadrant (it has over 100k on it always with heavy, after market clutches) and can just replace it with a.Steeda quadrant. .
Thanks for the responses, I hope it is similiar to the problem you had yeller and not the clutch.

mikeracing 05-16-2017 04:36 PM

Pull the clutch cover either the cable started to tear but IMO youu exploded the clutch disk

Mach1Junkie 05-16-2017 05:39 PM

Mikeracing,

If I blew my clutch out do I need to worry about other components? Or do you think the damage would (likely) have stopped at the clutch?
Thanks in advance for taking the time to offer your advice I genuinely appreciate all you guys I put my life savings into my mach and it was my father's car years ago so it has a lot of sentimental value I can't just flip out for an.s550 if that makes sense. I'll let you guys know what I find after I have somebody drop the tranny.

mikeracing 05-16-2017 09:16 PM

Yea if it did it's just the rivets that hold the friction material to the disk