2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club

2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Registry Discussion (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   NFL Football Thread (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/showthread.php?t=84561)

np_mach1 12-27-2010 12:19 PM

Re: NFL Football Thread

Quote:

Originally Posted by gbranton (Post 1346632)
It was the type of game they had to win for people to take them seriously.

This is very true, I was thinking this after they won. The types of games the used to lose in the past...

gbranton 12-27-2010 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by np_mach1 (Post 1346633)
The types of games the used to lose in the past...

That's true. I guess now is the time to admit I was wrong about my team. Buried somewhere in this thread is my prediction that Chicago was going to go 4-12 again. I saw no upgrades for the o-line, combined with a group of coaches who had not exactly been successful as head coaches and didn't think much of it. Frankly I have no idea how they have turned the team around the way they did, all I know is that this is one of those times I'm happy to be wrong.

np_mach1 12-27-2010 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gbranton (Post 1346634)
That's true. I guess now is the time to admit I was wrong about my team. Buried somewhere in this thread is my prediction that Chicago was going to go 4-12 again. I saw no upgrades for the o-line, combined with a group of coaches who had not exactly been successful as head coaches and didn't think much of it. Frankly I have no idea how they have turned the team around the way they did, all I know is that this is one of those times I'm happy to be wrong.

I really think they have embraced playing a balanced game. They run well, short pass, and long pass well too. Mike Martz is an Offensive Genius. The Special teams can score, if the ball is kicked to Hester, any time it is touched, and the D gives them chances to win games. I think anyone who plays Philly in the NFC playoffs will have its hands full, but the Bears have a good chance to go deep this year.

Thunderbolt 12-27-2010 06:59 PM

If the Falcons can beat the 'Aints tonight then I'll definitely believe they're for real. The NFC will lead through them if they win tonight. I'll be rooting for them.

Firebreed05 12-28-2010 01:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thunderbolt (Post 1346707)
If the Falcons can beat the 'Aints tonight then I'll definitely believe they're for real. The NFC will lead through them if they win tonight. I'll be rooting for them.

It was not to be. Let's face it, the Saint's are the only ones lately that can march into that dome without fear.;)

Brees had his sack radar on tonite. Jeez. I can't believe the escapes he engineered.

Thunderbolt 12-28-2010 05:48 AM

If it would have been me, I would have gone for it on 4th down in the Falcons last drive with 3 minutes left. All that Matty "Ice" talk and then they punt it away. I thought that was stupid.

falcongtho3 12-28-2010 07:17 AM

I think that the last MNF for the season was a game to remember. It'll be interesting to see how this all plays out in the post-season. These are the two toughest teams in football.

:borg:

np_mach1 12-28-2010 08:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by falcongtho3 (Post 1346864)
. These are the two toughest teams in football.

You must not watch many AFC teams then :31:

gbranton 12-28-2010 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thunderbolt (Post 1346860)
If it would have been me, I would have gone for it on 4th down in the Falcons last drive with 3 minutes left. All that Matty "Ice" talk and then they punt it away. I thought that was stupid.

To me that is the single most annoying nickname in sports. "Matty" sounds like the 90 year old woman down the street who likes to play bridge and smoke Virginia Slims.

Thunderbolt 12-28-2010 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by np_mach1 (Post 1346877)

:31: I was thinking the same thing. I'll even admit that the Patsy's are the team to beat in either Conference.

falcongtho3 12-28-2010 10:15 PM

Quote:

Naah, just the grown-ups.

gbranton 12-29-2010 01:14 AM

Quote:

Evidently nobody does. Top rated game in 13 seasons of AFC broadcasts? Pats vs Jets? Nope. Steelers vs Colts? Nope.

Jets vs BEARS.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_yl...-bears-ratings

You AFC teams call us when you need some ratings and oh, by the way....... GO BEARS!

np_mach1 12-29-2010 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gbranton (Post 1347172)
Evidently nobody does. Top rated game in 13 seasons of AFC broadcasts? Pats vs Jets? Nope. Steelers vs Colts? Nope.

Jets vs BEARS.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_yl...-bears-ratings

You AFC teams call us when you need some ratings and oh, by the way....... GO BEARS!

So, are we talking about ratings? or being a tough team like what was mentioned earlier?

Also, the last time I checked, the Jets were in the AFC... has that recently changed?

np_mach1 12-29-2010 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thunderbolt (Post 1346987)
:31: I was thinking the same thing. I'll even admit that the Patsy's are the team to beat in either Conference.

I refuse to agree with your 2nd statement :) haha

Quote:

Originally Posted by falcongtho3 (Post 1347106)
Naah, just the grown-ups.

:crazy:

Thunderbolt 12-29-2010 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by np_mach1 (Post 1347231)
I refuse to agree with your 2nd statement :) haha

Yeah, I know it's a horse pill to swallow, but like they said last year #1 seeds don't make it to the Superbowl much.

02mach1 12-29-2010 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thunderbolt (Post 1347377)
Yeah, I know it's a horse pill to swallow, but like they said last year #1 seeds don't make it to the Superbowl much.

Steelers are playing mostly 2nd team players for sundays game, vs the Browns.

b3warnick 12-29-2010 10:07 PM

Quote:

Steelers are playing mostly 2nd team players for sundays game, vs the Browns.
I hope not! They need to win that game!

Fordplay04 12-29-2010 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thunderbolt (Post 1346860)

I would have too. Kinda made me mad when they didnt go for it.

serviceman1 12-30-2010 06:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thunderbolt (Post 1346987)

you patriot haters need to wake up and show some respect just because they consistantly beat your teams is not reason enough to hate them. What they have done in the last 10 years truly is an awsome thing for the game of football.

Thunderbolt 12-30-2010 08:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by serviceman1 (Post 1347693)
you patriot haters need to wake up and show some respect just because they consistantly beat your teams is not reason enough to hate them. What they have done in the last 10 years truly is an awsome thing for the game of football.

:confused: I don't know what you're talking about. If they beat the Steelers then so be it. Nothing I can do about it. If I don't like a team then I don't like them for whatever reason. I already stated in my opinion they're the best playing team right now. I've seen too many NFL threads start at the beginning of the season with Patsy fans already screaming Superbowl. Get real.

np_mach1 12-30-2010 08:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thunderbolt (Post 1347704)
:confused: I don't know what you're talking about. If they beat the Steelers then so be it. Nothing I can do about it. If I don't like a team then I don't like them for whatever reason. I already stated in my opinion they're the best playing team right now. I've seen too many NFL threads start at the beginning of the season with Patsy fans already screaming Superbowl. Get real.

:CHEERS:

I don't like them because Billachump is a prick and Rodney Harrison is the dirtiest player I have ever seen play in the new era, then gets on TV and starts the whole fine a mother ****ing Steeler 50k campaign. (Granted he didn't say fine Harrison, but he did start the drama with the heavy fines).

Might I be a hater? yeah probably, like most people who aren't Steeler fans hate on our team becasue we got 6 SB rings :THUMBSUP:

Thunderbolt 12-30-2010 08:56 AM

Yeah, I'm sure Patsy fans just love every team in the NFL like it's the summer of '68. :rolleyes:

serviceman1 12-31-2010 07:00 AM

I never said I hated any team or screamed about a super bowl. Just saying there are a lot of Patriot haters out there who like football but pick on one of the teams with the most records in the game and refuse to give them there due respect.

Mach 1 12-31-2010 07:31 AM

I don't want the Steelers to win because Big Ben is a complete effing moron off the field. He may make good desisions during a game... but he continually makes bad ones between games.

And one more thing for you Steeler azz kissers.... NO PATRIOT FANS here picked them to go to the Super Bowl this year.

Oh ya, Polamula realy should get a hair cut, all that pubic looking hair on his head looks kinda silly.

np_mach1 12-31-2010 08:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mach 1 (Post 1348051)
I don't want the Steelers to win because Big Ben is a complete effing moron off the field. He may make good desisions during a game... but he continually makes bad ones between games.

And one more thing for you Steeler azz kissers.... NO PATRIOT FANS here picked them to go to the Super Bowl this year.

Oh ya, Polamula realy should get a hair cut, all that pubic looking hair on his head looks kinda silly.

Here comes the truth.

I think Ben is a moron too. I thought we should have traded him. I am still surprised his arm wasn't broken by some girls father.

I pick my team to go to the Sb every year. Even when I think they will stink (like I thought they would this year)

You want to talk about HAIR???!!! Have you seen Brady??? Tall Justin Beiber looking dumb ***? Give me a break. Atleast Troy's hair is worth money, and has a cultural meaning. What is Tom's excuse. Gisele made him? :31: :fro: