2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club

2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Registry Discussion (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   NFL Football Thread (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/showthread.php?t=84561)

Big Ron 10-10-2010 03:19 PM

Re: NFL Football Thread

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thunderbolt (Post 1324623)
Williams 2 TD's last week was the best he's done in years. He needs glue on his hands.

He needs to quit sniffing the glue....a swift kick with a boot up his a$$ would help also!

Big Ron :claus:

Thunderbolt 10-10-2010 03:36 PM

:23: Funny as hell.

falcongtho3 10-10-2010 06:43 PM

Brees is making a habit out of passing...to the other team! D'Oh!

:borg:

old school 10-11-2010 12:11 PM

Meanwhile,the Eagles are still working hard week to week.Tuff win over the 49'ers!! Mike Singeltary has got to be beside himself with the start his team has...

gbranton 10-11-2010 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by np_mach1 (Post 1324243)
If that is the argument you are making then you should look around the league. Is Percy Harvin done? Is Larry Fitz done? Brandon Marshall doesn't post up huge stats every week. Reggie Wayne doesn't either, Austin Collie looks like the best receiver to ever play when Reggie is on the field...

Percy Harvin has missed practices and not been 100% because of injury. An ambulance took him to the hopital from the practice field September 22nd. He deserves a break.

Larry Fitzgerald has dropped from 63.4% of team targets in 2009 to 48.1%. He went from Kurt Warner to Derick Anderson and Max Hall. They are not getting him the ball.

Brandon Marshall's stats are always impressive: Thirteen 911 calls to his house while he was in Denver for domestic disputes. He is not a man and prefer not to discus him, but for the record he had 22 catches versus Moss' nine after four games.

Reggie Wayne has 106.2 yards per game so far this year to Collie's 89.2. The best of Wayne's career. I realize this is partially due to a lack of other options in Indy, but Reg is stepping up to the plate. I wouldn't call that done.

np_mach1 10-12-2010 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gbranton (Post 1325140)
Percy Harvin has missed practices and not been 100% because of injury. An ambulance took him to the hopital from the practice field September 22nd. He deserves a break.

Larry Fitzgerald has dropped from 63.4% of team targets in 2009 to 48.1%. He went from Kurt Warner to Derick Anderson and Max Hall. They are not getting him the ball.

Brandon Marshall's stats are always impressive: Thirteen 911 calls to his house while he was in Denver for domestic disputes. He is not a man and prefer not to discus him, but for the record he had 22 catches versus Moss' nine after four games.

Reggie Wayne has 106.2 yards per game so far this year to Collie's 89.2. The best of Wayne's career. I realize this is partially due to a lack of other options in Indy, but Reg is stepping up to the plate. I wouldn't call that done.

Yeah, Percy must have gotten better real fast and had the best game of this season last night... You know the real reason he had a better game... RANDY! Now that he isn't the #1 he will be explosive, and productive again.

Through Week 4 (I do not have the time to search for week 5 numbers):

Fitz was tied for the 3rd most targets than any other receiver with 45 he caught 19, a 42% reception rate. He has 2 td's 9.5:1 reception to TD rate.

Randy is 41st amongst all receivers for targets with 22 he caught 9,a 41% reception rate. He has 3 td's 3:1 reception to TD rate. In the last 2 games Moss played in NE he was targeted 4 times. He can't throw the ball to himself.

Brandon Marshall (If you think he is scum bag you should be happy) has just 1 100 yd game and 1 TD this year. The only good thing is he is catching a bunch of his targets.

(I agree Reggie was a horrible example. He just hasn't caught very many TD's (2) this years compared to Collie Who has 5. I like Reg a lot, in fact I was lucky enough to get him on my FF team this year.)

My point is NONE of these guys are done even though they have gotten off to a lack luster start.

gbranton 10-12-2010 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by np_mach1 (Post 1325302)
Yeah, Percy must have gotten better real fast and had the best game of this season last night... You know the real reason he had a better game... RANDY! Now that he isn't the #1 he will be explosive, and productive again.

Through Week 4 (I do not have the time to search for week 5 numbers):

Fitz was tied for the 3rd most targets than any other receiver with 45 he caught 19, a 42% reception rate. He has 2 td's 9.5:1 reception to TD rate.

Randy is 41st amongst all receivers for targets with 22 he caught 9,a 41% reception rate. He has 3 td's 3:1 reception to TD rate. In the last 2 games Moss played in NE he was targeted 4 times. He can't throw the ball to himself.

Brandon Marshall (If you think he is scum bag you should be happy) has just 1 100 yd game and 1 TD this year. The only good thing is he is catching a bunch of his targets.

(I agree Reggie was a horrible example. He just hasn't caught very many TD's (2) this years compared to Collie Who has 5. I like Reg a lot, in fact I was lucky enough to get him on my FF team this year.)

My point is NONE of these guys are done even though they have gotten off to a lack luster start.

Good points on both sides. I guess we'll just have to wait and see. I think Bill Belichick is one of the smartest guys in football and for some reason he thought the risk of keeping Moss outweighed the risk of getting rid of him. I'm not saying Moss can't catch a football anymore, I'm saying he's not what he used to be. For some people it's ok to be a distraction when you are elite, but then when you become average it's time to go. I guess I just don't like rich, spoiled players who don't play hard. Maybe that's most of them these days....

As for Percy Harvin, yes he looked better last night, but unlike all the others we discussed, he's not a #1 wideout. He needs someone, anyone to stretch the field so that his routes will work. I don't think he'll do better with Moss than he did with Sidney Rice, but he'll do better with Moss than with NOBODY as has been the case so far this year. And he has been hurt.

np_mach1 10-12-2010 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gbranton (Post 1325336)
Good points on both sides. I guess we'll just have to wait and see. I think Bill Belichick is one of the smartest guys in football and for some reason he thought the risk of keeping Moss outweighed the risk of getting rid of him. I'm not saying Moss can't catch a football anymore, I guess I just don't like rich, spoiled players who don't play hard. Maybe that's most of them these days....

As for Percy Harvin, yes he looked better last night, but unlike all the others we discussed, he's not a #1 wideout. He needs someone, anyone to stretch the field so that his routes will work. I don't think he'll do better with Moss than he did with Sidney Rice, but he'll do better with Moss than with NOBODY as has been the case so far this year. And he has been hurt.

Bill is a smart coach. He does things a certain way and they always stock pile draft picks. It is a win-win-win I am sure, NE getting a pick, Moss getting a shot at a ring, and Vikes filling a need.

Yeah Percy is very legit #2. It sucked to him struggle since I know how good he is. He makes people pay with the mis-matches.

Good debate, valid points :claus:

04azuremach 10-12-2010 02:40 PM

49ers... :(

what the f*** is going on!?

Newskool Mach 10-13-2010 12:03 AM

how about those jets????

04azuremach 10-13-2010 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Newskool Mach (Post 1325543)
how about those jets????

They still haven't done anything in 30 some years. Talk to us at the end of the year.

Newskool Mach 10-13-2010 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 04azuremach (Post 1325589)
They still haven't done anything in 30 some years. Talk to us at the end of the year.

Anything??? One game from the superbowl last year. Ok I'l dog you at the end of the year.

Thunderbolt 10-13-2010 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Newskool Mach (Post 1325741)
Anything??? One game from the superbowl last year.

:23: Oh yeah, in this day and age we have to recognize 3rd and 4th Place. By 2015 everyone will get a ring. :31::31:

04azuremach 10-14-2010 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Newskool Mach (Post 1325741)
Anything??? One game from the superbowl last year. Ok I'l dog you at the end of the year.

They didn't even belong on the play offs. Sorry, man. The Bengals and Colts sat their starters the last two weeks of the regular season. Don't forget how you got there: luck.

02mach1 10-17-2010 10:39 AM

Looks like Cryboys going to lose again today:santa:

falcongtho3 10-17-2010 11:30 AM

Maybe, but this is a win/win game for everybody...if the Plowboys lose, great...if the Farve-kings lose...great...

:borg:

kiler be 10-17-2010 07:37 PM

:23: Gotta love those Cowpies!!!! :loser:

NTMAREMACH 10-17-2010 08:09 PM

Pats squeeked one out today. Dion Branch played a great first game back with the Pats. 9 completed passes for close to 100 yards and 1 touchdown. I don't miss Moss yet. I sure wish Brady would give up the modeling career, cut his hair and just play football other than that he's great 23 straight home wins.

Newskool Mach 10-17-2010 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thunderbolt (Post 1325766)
:23: Oh yeah, in this day and age we have to recognize 3rd and 4th Place. By 2015 everyone will get a ring. :31::31:

We play you guys soon, just wondering... If we win do you give us any credit?? Or are you gonna be a homer and make excuses??

kiler be 10-18-2010 08:27 AM

Redskins :wtf: was that at the end of the game.

Oh well, still so much better then they've been for the last 10 years.

Next week.........DA BEARS.

np_mach1 10-18-2010 08:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Newskool Mach (Post 1326772)
We play you guys soon, just wondering... If we win do you give us any credit?? Or are you gonna be a homer and make excuses??

Aint scurred. :29:

If you want to go to the Super bowl in the AFC you will have to pass through Pittsburgh.

Newskool Mach 10-18-2010 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by np_mach1 (Post 1326834)
Aint scurred. :29:

If you want to go to the Super bowl in the AFC you will have to pass through Pittsburgh.

I agree, you guys were good without a quarterback, your probably going to be down right frightening with one. Just hope, for you guys sake, big Ben don't rape a 4th grader on the way to practice.

np_mach1 10-18-2010 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Newskool Mach (Post 1326884)
I agree, you guys were good without a quarterback, your probably going to be down right frightening with one. Just hope, for you guys sake, big Ben don't rape a 4th grader on the way to practice.

Yeah yeah, How soon we forget "Sanchize" was accused of sexual assault back in 2006.

You should know the rule about living in a glass house by now sir. :3:

Newskool Mach 10-18-2010 11:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by np_mach1 (Post 1326891)
Yeah yeah, How soon we forget "Sanchize" was accused of sexual assault back in 2006.

You should know the rule about living in a glass house by now sir. :3:

LOL, easy bro I was only kidding...:eyebrows:

kiler be 10-20-2010 09:18 AM

This week in the NFL.
With the ref's watching for the "the BIG HIT" this week, how many game will be changed by these kind of calls?
I agree the NFL needs to try to do something but another judgement call for the ref's..I'm not sure its going to work so well. The ref's have a hard enough time letting the fans know if it a touchdown, first down, catch, without a replay.
Seems like most of the players, now and in the past, are opposed to a old rule being enforced now.
Ditka said it best, if you want the players to stop leading with their helmet......take away their helmets...or a least the face mask. These Pretty boys aint gonna mess up their face. :23:

Just wondering what you guys think.