2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club

2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Registry Discussion (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   NASCAR thread (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/showthread.php?t=55315)

ylopony 06-03-2008 06:59 AM

Re: NASCAR thread

Quote:

Originally Posted by beerformeplz (Post 1003032)
No way! Would have never figured that out

I guess Chevy winning 18 of 36 last year was a conspiracy also?
JR nation......bunch of cry babies.:butt:

I should set the record straight. I am not a Jr. nation fan. I like Jr. but I hardly think that JR. is a great driver.

As for Chevy winning 18 of 36. Hmmm I think that equates to half the races won. Hmm again, lets think about this. There were more top drivers behind the wheel of a Chevy last year than there are with a Toyota this year. Chevy was not blowing out the competition week in and week out in both series. Hendricks was not the only top team in a Chevy.

This year only one team can be considererd a top team with Toyletta. That one team is literally blowing off the doors in both the Nationwide and the Sprint cup. Sure that team has some very good drivers, but at this level they are not going to do this week in and week out like they are.

Also, nice job there pasting and cutting to create a comment that was not made. Guess those fans of Kyle are just as tasteless as their hero is on the track. :crazy:

G 06-03-2008 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Azure Blurr (Post 1003010)
I've been getting more enjoyment watching the replayed races on ESPN2, from the '80's & 90's.

:butt:

Same here. I really enjoy the ESPN DVD's I picked up at Wally World. At $5 each I got the 4 part series and the movie "3". I had seen the movie before and it's OK but the bonus stuff was awesome. I need to start hitting the local track this year, I'm really thinking a vintage racer may be in my future. :smokin:

gvervoren 06-03-2008 07:09 PM

I'm sitting here reading all these post about Kyle and it brings back some memories. Do you guys remember when Ryan Newman was winning race after race because of fuel mileage? Everyone was saying he was either cheating or NASCAR was letting him get away with it. Now it's the same deal with Kyle. I would bet that NASCAR is inspecting Kyles car more then the others just because of his dominance. With all the people and drivers watching everything going on in the garage, NASCAR would have gotten caught letting people get away with such stuff by another team. I'm sure all the other drivers and teams are keeping there eye on the #18 team too.

falcongtho3 06-03-2008 08:58 PM

It's not just the #18 (not surprisingly, also his IQ), but all of the JGR Cramrys. Strewrat could have had some really great finishes, had he not either ended up in the wall or blown tires on numerous occasions. Hamlin as well.

:borg:

Azure Blurr 06-03-2008 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by falcongtho3 (Post 1003370)
It's not just the #18 (not surprisingly, also his IQ),

:23: One of your better funnies! :23:

falcongtho3 06-03-2008 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Azure Blurr (Post 1003377)
:23: One of your better funnies! :23:

Thank you, thank you. I'll be doing shows twice nightly, as well as editing, banning, and moving threads on the half hour in between...

ylopony 06-03-2008 11:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by falcongtho3 (Post 1003370)
It's not just the #18 (not surprisingly, also his IQ

You being way to complimentary to Kyle Busch. :23:

G 06-14-2008 05:02 PM

BigEars turns Hornaday and a win for the cat in the hat. :worship:

Ford gets their first win in the trucks this season. :claus:

Great race to the checkers. :PICS:

http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t.../mis_final.jpg

falcongtho3 06-14-2008 08:05 PM

What a finsh!
And big kudoes to the Roush racers!

Mixed feelings about the Mich. race tomorrow since the last even there was to be my first race to attend. Alas, the rains came, so it became the first rained out race I attended...

falcongtho3 06-14-2008 10:19 PM

I guess the highlight for Ford fans tonight is the Vista Blue Shelby GT Pace Car...

ylopony 06-14-2008 11:09 PM

Yes it was a great finish. And just as sure as there is a sunset, Kyle Busch is in another on track incident. It's really getting old with this punk. That and I've lost a lot of respect for what I thought was a class guy in Joe Gibbs. The crap he is allowing his team to do week in and week out is pathetic.

beerformeplz 06-15-2008 12:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ylopony (Post 1007511)
Yes it was a great finish. And just as sure as there is a sunset, Kyle Busch is in another on track incident. It's really getting old with this punk. That and I've lost a lot of respect for what I thought was a class guy in Joe Gibbs. The crap he is allowing his team to do week in and week out is pathetic.

LOL :butt:

G 06-15-2008 01:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ylopony (Post 1007511)

It's just business. I bet he thinks bigears is a punk too. Heck, if I had a car I would probably hire him too.

gvervoren 06-15-2008 08:12 AM

Sure Kyle drives pretty aggressive but he's doing what he's there to do and that is win. Do I agree with how he's getting the job done. HELL NO!!!! But he is getting it done. Checkers or wreckers I guess.

I'm still a Newman fan myself. I wonder if he will lose the Alltel sponsor because of a possible merger.

ylopony 06-15-2008 09:18 AM

I will agree that Kyle is getting it done with wins. And I guess in Nascar and any other sport it's not how you do it it's just that you get it done. But with that said, I don't see Roush, Hendricks, or RCR taking out other cars week in and week out.(granted their not winning week in or week out either). I guess I would like to see drivers win with their talent and not their ability to show they can win a demolition derby at a local county fair.

falcongtho3 06-15-2008 11:22 AM

As long as he keeps putting his own car into the wall, I have no problem. Teh other 42 cars seem to avoid it on a pretty regular basis. You'd think that would be on one of the first pages in "Stock Car Driving for Dummies", but then he might just be looking at the pictures...

Torchmach 06-15-2008 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by falcongtho3 (Post 1007490)
I guess the highlight for Ford fans tonight is the Vista Blue Shelby GT Pace Car...

HECK YES !!!!!!!! It will be the only real Ford out on the track! I love the restored NASCAR racers from the late 60's. There was no doubt what they were.

G 06-15-2008 05:09 PM

Great win for little E. That took some work to make the fuel last. :worship:

falcongtho3 06-15-2008 05:32 PM

That was certainly a case of the race not going to the fastest...not by a long shot. Is there a NASCAR edict about Kenseth not winning. Kahne probably would've won had it not been for the last muck up. Those last rounds of splash and goes made a real mess of things.

Interesting that JGR has stated that their new driver will compete in a Cup race this season. In what car might that be in?

Kensith should run the next race with either a Target sponsorship, complete with big red Target on the hood, or paint a replica of an official on the hood.

ylopony 06-15-2008 06:22 PM

It's always a good thing when a Hendricks car finishes first. It was nice to see Jr. win. Too bad it had to happen on a caution. But like Jr said it is what it is. That and it's always a good thing to see Dumbo ears flapping behind.

And yes there were a couple of tough breaks for Biffle and Kenseth. Kenseth will get things righted here soon, and with Biffle the dude is an excellent driver with a lot of class.

ylopony 06-15-2008 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mach1Marauder (Post 1007743)
Whaaaat? Wuz Kurt Busch behind Jr.?:23: :23:

I guess it really don't matter which one of the Dumbo brothers it is. However, both back there is the bomb.:23:

falcongtho3 06-15-2008 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ylopony (Post 1007741)
It's always a good thing when a Hendricks car finishes first.

No...it's not. Now go stand in the Chevy corner. I'ts the one with the puddle of oil.

If it hadn't been for the final lap crash, he wouldn't have made it to the finsh line. As it was, he couldn't make it down pit lane to the winners circle!

ylopony 06-15-2008 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by falcongtho3 (Post 1007768)
No...it's not. Now go stand in the Chevy corner. I'ts the one with the puddle of oil.

If it hadn't been for the final lap crash, he wouldn't have made it to the finsh line. As it was, he couldn't make it down pit lane to the winners circle!

I'll agree if it were not for the accident Jr. would have run out of fuel. As for Chevy or Ford, it don't matter to me. I cheer for the man behind the wheel not the emblem on the car.(accept when it comes to Toyota) My garage has a Ford, a Lincoln, and a Chevrolet. But you will not see a Japanese or Korean name plate in my garage.

ylopony 06-15-2008 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by falcongtho3 (Post 1007768)

I'll agree if it were not for the accident Jr. would have run out of fuel. As for Chevy or Ford, it don't matter to me. I cheer for the man behind the wheel not the emblem on the car.(except when it comes to Toyota) My garage has a Ford, a Lincoln, and a Chevrolet. But you will not see a Japanese or Korean name plate in my garage.