2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club

2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Registry Discussion (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   NASCAR thread (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/showthread.php?t=55315)

ylopony 05-24-2008 07:37 PM

Re: NASCAR thread

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big Ron (Post 999167)
I truly think it is time........Jeff Gordon will win Sunday nite!

Big Ron :smokin:

Corrected. :23:

Heck, I'll take a Jr win, a JJ win, a Biffle win, I'll even almost take a Tony Stewart win. Just as long as that obnoxious ear flapping idiot Kyle Busch don't win. :anger:

beerformeplz 05-24-2008 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big Ron (Post 999167)
I truly think it is time........Dale Jr will win Sunday nite!

I'll watch the Indy 500 just to see Danica not finish!

Big Ron :smokin:

Jealous that she has more wins than JR.?

falcongtho3 05-24-2008 10:23 PM

Here I was watching a race and a hockey...er, fight broke out! I think someone won the race. Not anyone who matters, though...

:borg:

ylopony 05-24-2008 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by falcongtho3 (Post 999266)
Here I was watching a race and a hockey...er, fight broke out! I think someone won the race. Not anyone who matters, though...

Your right, not anyone who matters.

Once again, he shows not only is he classless in defeat but just as classless in victory. The bowing in jest is getting old Kyle.

But the fight in the pits was interesting.

falcongtho3 05-25-2008 08:11 AM

Gaaag...world...not...ready....for........

http://www.autoweek.com/apps/pbcs.dl...3135/1531/FREE

ylopony 05-25-2008 08:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by falcongtho3 (Post 999334)
Gaaag...world...not...ready....for........

http://www.autoweek.com/apps/pbcs.dl...3135/1531/FREE

I can only hope that Kyle Busch would make a change to F1. This way we only have to look at him on American soil once a year in a race. However, without being able to bump, ram, rub, slam, and bang cars in open wheel like he does in Nascar, I doubt he will have much success.

falcongtho3 05-25-2008 09:49 AM

I don't know...if Shrub ended up in F1, the level that the world hates us would escalate to the point where even the UK would declare a Jihad on us in retaliation for dumping such a 'quality' person on thier door step!

gvervoren 05-25-2008 12:50 PM

Wouldn't his ears slow him down in a open wheel car?

G 05-25-2008 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by falcongtho3 (Post 999358)
I don't know...if Shrub ended up in F1, the level that the world hates us would escalate to the point where even the UK would declare a Jihad on us in retaliation for dumping such a 'quality' person on thier door step!

I know you didn't mean it that way but................... I have done a bunch of traveling and don't see this hatred for the US. I see it more at home than when I'm on foreign soil. This is like fuel prices being driven up by ratbastid speculators when the facts should stabilize GAS prices. The US is loved by some, respected by most, and feared by those who mean evil. Those are the facts on this Memorial Day. Shrub could be bad for foreign relations. :smokin:

Are there any races today? :23:

falcongtho3 05-25-2008 02:56 PM

Yep, the Danica 500 is on right now.

Oddly enough, there has been a lot of talk of Patrick (surprised, right?), a little mention of Sarah Fischer (especially her ooops) and little or no mention of the Milka Juno (right name, right?). What's really surprised me is that there has been little or no talk of the actual cars. No specs, no engine information, chassis info, nothing. Three girls, a bunch of guys...all driving...something!?!?

The American haters is just how the media likes to play up how we're percieved by the sandy part of the world...supposedly. In my (albeit limited)overseas travels, I've had no problems. Even in the non-English speaking corners of the world.

But...if they wanted to hate us...dropping Dumbo onto them would certainly give 'em good reason.

falcongtho3 05-25-2008 10:25 PM

Congrats to Casey on a win. He deserves it, a first class guy.
Decent run by Biff, and Matt.
Carl...what? Couldn't pony up for one more gallon of gas?

ylopony 05-26-2008 07:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by falcongtho3 (Post 999570)
Congrats to Casey on a win. He deserves it, a first class guy.
Decent run by Biff, and Matt.
Carl...what? Couldn't pony up for one more gallon of gas?

Your right, Casey is a class act all the way. And how can anyone not like Biff, great job by him as well. However, you did fail to give props to a couple of the Henricks boys(Gordon, Jr.) for a job well done. :)

On to another subject. How many of you have a reaction to Denny Hamlins comments after the race(Nationwide on Saturday) why he tore the fender up on Brad Keselowski's fender during a caution. Granted Brad tapped him a little to hard in the rear with a caution venting his anger, but he didn't tear up the car like Denny did.

But Denny's comments were, that he didn't like his racing hard. He cried about his blocking, and refusing to get out of the way. Denny's words were "we don't do that here and he better learn". Denny you :butt: he was on the same lap as you, in front of you, and trying to keep you back to try and win a race. Being a lap down is one thing, but when he's in second and your in third, that is called racing you ignorant idiot. This whole team of JGR is something else. Denny Hamlin and Kyle Busch are making Tony Stewart look like Mr. Rogers lately.

falcongtho3 05-26-2008 07:57 AM

You are righ tabout the Nationwide race. Seeing the attitiudes that came out don't bode well for 'friendly' racing the rest of the year.
Apparently Stewrat stormed off to the trailer in a tizzy after his finish last night. I don't know if he was just that mad at himself, or madder because he had no one else to pin it on.

Props to HMS? Sure. Good finish, Jimmie! Keep up the good work, and how about that Chevy powerplant?!?

02mach1 05-31-2008 12:55 PM

Dover this weekend Iam taking Carl 99# and last weekend for DW and Fox.:worship:

G 06-01-2008 02:00 AM

Not a bad Nationwide day for Carl and Biff. :worship:

falcongtho3 06-01-2008 07:56 AM

Didn't see it, I'll have to check the webiste for the results. Hope this translates into a good day in the Cup race. Glad to see Biff on the pole for todays race, which is nothing like the HMS drivers who'd rather take a pole.

ylopony 06-02-2008 06:46 AM

I was very happy with the results of the race 2nd thru 5th. Once again, Dumbo wins. I'm beginning to think that Nascar needs to raise the :bs: flag and take a look at the cars Busch is driving.

I'll admit I can't stand him, but there is no way any one driver is that dominate in Nascar these days. He's this way in both the Natiowide and the Cup.The cars are to equal to each other. They can't tamper with them, and sorry, Kyle Busch is not that much better of a driver than Jeff Gordon, Matt Kenseth, Carl Edwards, and others. The cars he drivers are literally blowing out the field. Time to take a look at it Nascar. ( or perhaps Toyletta has paid Nascar off that much to ignore it).

falcongtho3 06-02-2008 07:17 AM

I'll agree with positions 2-3-4, as well as the need to look into the JGR cars. Stewrat, when he's not on a flat or into the wall, can be as strong as the big eared goofball. Word on the street (track?) is that the 'Yotas are putting out 15-20 hp more than the domestic branded cars.

ylopony 06-02-2008 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by falcongtho3 (Post 1002707)
I'll agree with positions 2-3-4, as well as the need to look into the JGR cars. Stewrat, when he's not on a flat or into the wall, can be as strong as the big eared goofball. Word on the street (track?) is that the 'Yotas are putting out 15-20 hp more than the domestic branded cars.

Hey now, the car that finished in 5th is the driver that 2-4 wish they could be. :23:

I've heard the same rumors about the JGR Toyletta's and the hp. These cars are not only winning in both the Nationwide and the Cup, they are blowing everyone else away. Busch, Hamlin, and Stewart are good(but still azz's) drivers, but they are not this dominate. Even Roush a few years ago and Hendricks last year when they were racking up the wins were not this decisive and dominate. Something is not right here.

Blackpony04 06-02-2008 12:13 PM

The best part of the race was when the three clowns in the booth admitted that the only competition for JGR and The Shrub appears to be Roush-Fenway because Jack Roush isn't going to sit idly by since he doesn't like Toyota! How can you not like Roush when he publically says he hates Toyota? :hail1:

G 06-02-2008 01:02 PM

NASCAR is so worried about that dang wing they're missing the illegal motors in the foreign cars. They didn't notice when BigEars was faster on the straight at Lowe's than John Force's car with Mike Neff cooking some Goodyears. :23:

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/WFhOr65NlcY&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/WFhOr65NlcY&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

falcongtho3 06-02-2008 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ylopony (Post 1002770)
Hey now, the car that finished in 5th is the driver that 2-4 wish they could be. :23:

Now...lemme get this straight (not Gordon straight, that's an oxymoron), the guys that finished 2, 3, and 4 would actually want to be 5th? Yeah, that's GM style thinking...

02mach1 06-02-2008 08:50 PM

next race tuesday night in OH on dirt Iam taking Carl 99# and is on pay tv. it is Tony's race.

Azure Blurr 06-02-2008 08:58 PM

I've been getting more enjoyment watching the replayed races on ESPN2, from the '80's & 90's.

:butt:

beerformeplz 06-02-2008 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ylopony (Post 1002701)
I'll admit I can't stand him,

No way! Would have never figured that out
Quote:

Time to take a look at it Nascar. ( or perhaps Toyletta has paid Nascar off that much to ignore it).
I guess Chevy winning 18 of 36 last year was a conspiracy also?
JR nation......bunch of cry babies.:butt: