2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club

2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Registry Discussion (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   NFL Football Thread (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/showthread.php?t=84561)

Con's Mach1 10-05-2010 06:20 PM

Re: NFL Football Thread

GOOOOOOO, Dull-phins. What the heeyy?

02mach1 10-05-2010 09:47 PM

Randy Moss got traded back to Vikings,:eek:

ken03w/mach1 10-05-2010 09:49 PM

go ravens:butt:

gbranton 10-05-2010 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 02mach1 (Post 1323655)
Randy Moss got traded back to Vikings,:eek:

Vikings are obviously desperate and need a reciever who plays about five downs per game and just walks around the rest of the time.

Thunderbolt 10-05-2010 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gbranton (Post 1323661)
Vikings are obviously desperate and need a reciever who plays about five downs per game and just walks around the rest of the time.

:31: He can't even hit the receivers he's got already. 2D's and 6 INT's. I can't believe they're blaming this all on just Rice being out. What B.S.

gbranton 10-05-2010 10:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thunderbolt (Post 1323670)
:31: He can't even hit the receivers he's got already. 2D's and 6 INT's. I can't believe they're blaming this all on just Rice being out. What B.S.

Too bad "he" runs the team. It is sad to watch a multi-billion dollar organization let one diva-employee jerk the whole team around.

np_mach1 10-06-2010 06:17 AM

Quote:

Rice actually fights for the ball. That is something you can't teach a receiver. Look at Bernard Berrian, all he does is run routes and hopes that it is a perfect pass. He is a less than an average receiver.

Several of Favre's ints were due to passes bouncing off of receiver's chests. I am sure that is his fault too :crazy:

np_mach1 10-06-2010 06:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gbranton (Post 1323661)

You are crazy. Moss is a beast. He sets people up for the deep ball. Granted he doesn't do much down field blocking, but most receivers don't. (They all can't be Hines :3amin: )

If he does make it to the Vikes now you have to consider do you pull one of those 8 guys out of the box (for Peterson) to double Moss, or do you cover him man to man... If you don't double him wait for the hand to go up as he "Mosses you" down the sideline. Ask Revis about that one handed TD this year. :23:

02mach1 10-06-2010 01:40 PM

They will ended up has wild card team.

04azuremach 10-06-2010 02:18 PM

Quote:

Alex Smith has a better TD-Int ratio than that and he's TERRIBLE :23:

gbranton 10-07-2010 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by falcongtho3 (Post 1323320)
Hate to hear about Cutlers situation. Hope for a quick recovery for your QB, he seems like a good guy.

:borg:

He's out for this week's game against Carolina. What seemed like a good game to make adjustments and get right with the world just got a lot more difficult.

NTMAREMACH 10-07-2010 06:14 PM

Pat's Headquarters punted Moss to the Vikings. I guess he went nuts at half time the last game so it was 4th down for Moss. He is a great receiver and the Vikings will do good with him if they can put up with his attitude.

Thunderbolt 10-07-2010 06:54 PM

I've got Favre, Shaincoe and Harvin in my Fantasy Football league. I sure as hell wish he'd do something. I'm getting killed.

gbranton 10-07-2010 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thunderbolt (Post 1324127)
I've got Favre, Shaincoe and Harvin in my Fantasy Football league. I sure as hell wish he'd do something. I'm getting killed.

If Moss continues at this year's torrid pace, he should have 27 more catches by the end of this year. That should put you over the top. Being with a new team, he'll probably get fired up and actually RUN five or six routes a game!

Thunderbolt 10-07-2010 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gbranton (Post 1324134)
If Moss continues at this year's torrid pace, he should have 27 more catches by the end of this year. That should put you over the top. Being with a new team, he'll probably get fired up and actually RUN five or six routes a game!

Right now I'm in last place in a 14 team league. I need a miracle. Last year I was stacked and got 2nd place ($700) after the Super Bowl game.

np_mach1 10-07-2010 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PONY40 (Post 1324116)
Pat's Headquarters punted Moss to the Vikings. I guess he went nuts at half time the last game so it was 4th down for Moss. He is a great receiver and the Vikings will do good with him if they can put up with his attitude.

This was spoken about today by Pats head coach... NOT true.

Why is it everyone piles on Moss? He hasn't ANY problems since he has been with the Pats. This is a guy who was a locker room leader there. The ONLY problem he ever had was showing up late to one practice durring the blizzard last year.

Maybe, just maybe, he has grown up a little bit.

np_mach1 10-07-2010 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thunderbolt (Post 1324127)

Moss makes all of those guys better. Less pressure on them makes their stats go up. Percy gets to play a #2/#3 role as he should be and Shaincoe should see less braacket defense since Moss will clear out the middle of the field. Favre is the coin flip... does the old guy still have it??? Guess we will find out :23:

np_mach1 10-07-2010 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gbranton (Post 1324134)

Seriously? Moss is top 5 most receiving yards than any other WR in NFL history and (I believe) 2nd in TD's to Jerry Rice for a WR. Even if he doesn't make all of the grabs he elevates everyone's play since you HAVE to respect his speed and hands.

Don't buy into the hype that Moss plays half the time. Revis is just butt hurt he got Mossed. You can't put up those numbers and play half the time.

gbranton 10-07-2010 10:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by np_mach1 (Post 1324175)
Seriously? Moss is top 5 most receiving yards than any other WR in NFL history and (I believe) 2nd in TD's to Jerry Rice for a WR. Even if he doesn't make all of the grabs he elevates everyone's play since you HAVE to respect his speed and hands.

Don't buy into the hype that Moss plays half the time. Revis is just butt hurt he got Mossed. You can't put up those numbers and play half the time.

Key word in our post: History. As in past. As in not any more. Or why not bring back Jerry Rice since past statistics are a sure indicator of great performance?

He's caught NINE balls this year.

I don't buy into the hype that he plays half the time. It's not anywhere near that.

Oh I know he'll get fired up and play hard until he gets his multi-million dollar extension signed and then the Vikes will be stuck with a guy who makes a fantastic play here or there and the rest of the time he shuffles around on the field like an extra from "Day of the Dead".

np_mach1 10-08-2010 08:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gbranton (Post 1324181)
Key word in our post: History. As in past. As in not any more. Or why not bring back Jerry Rice since past statistics are a sure indicator of great performance?

He's caught NINE balls this year.

I don't buy into the hype that he plays half the time. It's not anywhere near that.

Oh I know he'll get fired up and play hard until he gets his multi-million dollar extension signed and then the Vikes will be stuck with a guy who makes a fantastic play here or there and the rest of the time he shuffles around on the field like an extra from "Day of the Dead".

While I can understand the point you are trying to make you have to remember Randy still has his speed and his hands. He only has 9 balls this year becasue he is doubled **** near every play and he doesn't throw the ball to himself. Why do you think guys like Wes Welker catch so many balls? Why do you think Aaron Hernandez is having such a good rookie season? Tom Brady threw for all kinds of records with Moss, hell the guy over in KC... Matt Cassell had the best year of his life with Moss in that offense. He hasn't lost a step in the last 5 years and I think people don't realize #1 how hard it is to be doubled every play #2 the way you run routes you are setting up the db/ saftey who is covering you #3 You sometimes don't have 100 catches and 1,000 yds every year becasue if you are that good often times you end up being a decoy.

If you think he is history, when was Randy done then? Can you really go on this years stats? If that is the argument you are making then you should look around the league. Is Percy Harvin done? Is Larry Fitz done? Brandon Marshall doesn't post up huge stats every week. Reggie Wayne doesn't either, Austin Collie looks like the best receiver to ever play when Reggie is on the field...

04azuremach 10-08-2010 09:15 AM

I have the most points in my fantasy league. However, I'm 1-3. Everyone seems to have their best game against me. I play a guy who has literally half my score this week, but I'm sure he'll find a way to win. My team is just like the niners. All the talent in the world (minus a good qb), but always find a way to lose

np_mach1 10-08-2010 04:24 PM

What ole Jerry Jones scared?

"I apologize, I apologize, I apologize," Jones said of his decision to pass on Moss due to character concerns and make a safe pick by drafting defensive end Greg Ellis. "I don't believe that's going to do any good. He's too much of a competitor. He's a real competitor, and I've known all my life that when people say you can't do it or when people pass over you saying somebody else can do it, all that does is inspire you.

"We probably awoke a sleeping giant if it meant that much to him. Certainly, he's made us pay, and I'm sorry we've got to play him."

http://sports.espn.go.com/dallas/nfl...e=NFLHeadlines

toad 10-09-2010 06:46 AM

well Roy E Williams has been on fire... glad to see that. Dez has a huge upside, maybe as good as Moss but not so tall. Can't forget about Austin, he is a beast.

I think that the cowboys just might be able to pull off a win if they can protect. So for this year only one sack on Tony. I hope that trend continues.

Thunderbolt 10-09-2010 03:52 PM

Williams 2 TD's last week was the best he's done in years. He needs glue on his hands.

acreature 10-10-2010 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thunderbolt (Post 1324623)
Williams 2 TD's last week was the best he's done in years. He needs glue on his hands.

He probably had some on last week.