2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club

2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Registry Discussion (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   NFL Football Thread (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/showthread.php?t=84561)

ASH302 09-26-2010 04:55 PM

Re: NFL Football Thread

just want to say i'm happy the cowboys won today even though they lost there first two, i'm still a diehard cowboys fan and so happy they won

jcooper0818 09-26-2010 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thunderbolt (Post 1321363)
:31: I have'nt hyped the Steelers at all. It's a miracle their 3-0 and not 0-3 starting their 2nd and 3RD string QB. The Aints have reached the Patsy's as my most hated teams.

clearly you have misguided hatred?????

Big Ron 09-26-2010 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 460hpmach1 (Post 1321364)
just want to say i'm happy the cowboys won today even though they lost there first two, i'm still a diehard cowboys fan and so happy they won

not as happy as Jerry and Wade!

Big Ron :D

Thunderbolt 09-26-2010 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jcooper0818 (Post 1321365)
clearly you have misguided hatred?????

No, it's guided right at the Aints and Patsy's.

gbranton 09-27-2010 11:55 PM

And the last undefeated team in the NFC is.........The Chicago Bears!

Bear down, Chicago Bears, make every play clear the way to victory;
Bear down, Chicago Bears, put up a fight with a might so fearlessly.
We'll never forget the way you thrilled the nation with your T-formation.
Bear down, Chicago Bears, and let them know why you're wearing the crown.
You're the pride and joy of Illinois, Chicago Bears, bear down.

jcooper0818 09-28-2010 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gbranton (Post 1321746)

Bear down, Chicago Bears, make every play clear the way to victory;
Bear down, Chicago Bears, put up a fight with a might so fearlessly.
We'll never forget the way you thrilled the nation with your T-formation.
Bear down, Chicago Bears, and let them know why you're wearing the crown.
You're the pride and joy of Illinois, Chicago Bears, bear down.

do they really have a fight song??:crazy:

gbranton 09-28-2010 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jcooper0818 (Post 1321887)
do they really have a fight song??:crazy:

Well, yeah. The Bears have been around since 1920 and fight songs were popular at one point in the past. It's called H-I-S-T-O-R-Y, something most sports franchises don't have much of (Like the Saints).

Firebreed05 09-28-2010 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gbranton (Post 1321928)
Well, yeah. The Bears have been around since 1920 and fight songs were popular at one point in the past. It's called H-I-S-T-O-R-Y, something most sports franchises don't have much of (Like the Saints).

Bet you're the only person you know that will actually sing one of those. :D

gbranton 09-28-2010 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Firebreed05 (Post 1321935)
Bet you're the only person you know that will actually sing one of those. :D

Well I didn't say I'd ever sang it. But they were singing it Monday night at Soldier field, I heard it in the background.

falcongtho3 09-28-2010 08:40 PM

Quote:

You've never sang 'Oh, when the Saints go marching in' at a football game. It wasn't written for them, but it stuck long ago...and works for us just fine.

:borg:

gbranton 09-29-2010 12:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by falcongtho3 (Post 1321942)
You've never sang 'Oh, when the Saints go marching in' at a football game. It wasn't written for them, but it stuck long ago...and works for us just fine.

Actually, I have. My ex-wife had Saints season tickets.

jcooper0818 09-29-2010 12:32 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

not much history? first time the saints touched a football they ran it back for a touchdown... tied for longest field goal kick in NFL history....some of the worst seasons in NFL history....one of the most dynamic offenses ever....but no...no history here?...but your right...Bears have history...of SOME of their fans being real a$$ holes

shadowmaker 09-29-2010 06:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 460hpmach1 (Post 1321364)

You drive a 'yellow' Mach and a cowboy fan? :confused: :crazy:

We can still get you straightened out. Go STEELERS.

02mach1 09-29-2010 12:08 PM

Steelers will 4-0 this sunday:claus:

gbranton 09-29-2010 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jcooper0818 (Post 1321996)
Bears have history...of SOME of their fans being real a$$ holes

Any pr*ck who would make and carry a sign like that is a disgrace. Not just to Bears fans but to the human race. Losers like him need to pull their head out of their backside long enough to realize it's just a GAME, not your life and that anyone who's not a complete tool knows it's all supposed to be in good fun.

falcongtho3 10-04-2010 07:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gbranton (Post 1321746)

So much for the undefeated thing.
Not that we're really proud of the Saints so-called victory on Sunday. Seeing the Colts fall to the Jags was the shocker of the weekend for me. I don't know if there is that much parity this year...or if everyone is just equally bad. Maybe it's the same thing.

bris09 10-04-2010 09:06 AM

Washington better find a way to finish games. They very easily could and probably should be 0-4. Dallas had the holding penalty and the Eagles reciever simply dropped the ball. They gave the game to Houston by giving up a TD on fourth down and missing a FG.

I do have to admit it was funny watching the Eagles fans cheering everytime McNab threw the ball at the recievers feet or over threw a wide open reciever. They sure don't miss that part of his game or when he runs out of bounds while they're trying to kill the clock.

gbranton 10-04-2010 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by falcongtho3 (Post 1323138)
So much for the undefeated thing.
Not that we're really proud of the Saints so-called victory on Sunday. Seeing the Colts fall to the Jags was the shocker of the weekend for me. I don't know if there is that much parity this year...or if everyone is just equally bad. Maybe it's the same thing.

Not only did they lose, but they looked absolutely pathetic. It made me wonder how in the world they ever won those other three games. Now it appears Cutler may be out with a concussion, that's another piece of really bad news. Todd Collins is too old to take the pounding, so their QB situation may now be the worst in the league.

Thunderbolt 10-04-2010 04:58 PM

:31::31::31: I can't ever remember seeing a QB get sacked so many times, and I only watched that game till the half. That was unreal. Ummm, no you can't stand there and hold the ball for 7 seconds.

gbranton 10-04-2010 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thunderbolt (Post 1323252)
:31::31::31: I can't ever remember seeing a QB get sacked so many times, and I only watched that game till the half.

Nobody has watched a quarterback get sacked so many times in a half. It was a new NFL record.

Thunderbolt 10-04-2010 07:56 PM

:23: That's funny as hell.

falcongtho3 10-04-2010 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gbranton (Post 1323234)
Now it appears Cutler may be out with a concussion, that's another piece of really bad news.

Hate to hear about Cutlers situation. The Saints are hurting from the loss of Reggie Bush, not so much for what he has done, but for what he could do and the fact that the opposition has to take that into account.
Hope for a quick recovery for your QB, he seems like a good guy.

02mach1 10-05-2010 11:54 AM

Watch out for KC , they look hot sofar,

04azuremach 10-05-2010 11:57 AM

My team has better history than most (49ers), but unfortunately the present isn't so hot. Most disappointing team in the league right now.

Thunderbolt 10-05-2010 05:07 PM

The 49ers had a great 20 year run. I was in high school when they went to their first Superbowl. Watching Montana, Elway and Marino during the 80's was great.