2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club

2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Registry Discussion (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   NFL Football Thread (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/showthread.php?t=84561)

KEVINC66 02-07-2010 10:29 PM

Re: NFL Football Thread

I'm gonna make just this one statement about Katrina and the city of New Orleans, several players from the Saints,Brees and Bush just naming a few have been instrumental in New Orleans rebuilding effort. Thats IMHO is the reason why people in America(Except Cowboy fans) were pulling for a Saint win, Including myself. Now I won't even compare how the players of the Cowboys would react to a natural disaster in the Dallas area, has'nt happened, can't compare. Fastback 65, don't be an a$$ and just be happy for a community that is still recovering from Katrina........................................... .......Kevin.

Firebreed05 02-07-2010 10:32 PM

Personally, I was sick of hearing about f***ing Peyton Manning. But you didn't see me complaining. Too many people held that guy up to be some kind of god that could not be stopped. The man is human. He's a great football player,and a hell of a quarterback, but he is as fallible as the next man. Like I said days ago to all the people here who gave the Saints no chance at this thing.........anything is possible and the Saints have as good a chance as any.

As far as the media's romance with post Katrina New Orleans (or Tom Benson's input for that matter)......screw that. This was a football game, not an act of God as repayment for a natural disaster. I'll agree that anyone who wants to run with that whole aspect of this thing should not be allowed to say anything about the Saints on air. But that doesn't diminish the fine bit of work by the Saints players tonight. They went in there an earned that victory.

mwcate 02-07-2010 10:35 PM

Gotta tip the cap to the Saints. I live just outside Indy, & all I heard the past couple of weeks was how many points the Colts would win by. I didn't see it. I saw how good the Saints most of the season, & I figured this would be a close game.

Linumup 02-07-2010 10:41 PM

Peyton isnt the QB that Brees was tonight ! The Saints played as a team .
Great game . :worship:

falcongtho3 02-07-2010 10:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 65fastback2+2 (Post 1246173)
hehe...thanks for the comment...doesnt mean imma take it easy on you though

After today, what will the Colts and Cowboys have in common?

they both beat the Saints

Can I quote you on that??? :23: :23: :23:

:borg:

Thunderbolt 02-07-2010 10:55 PM

Screw Dat!! :23: That interception was a stake through the heart. I did'nt agree with that 2 point conversion. At normal speed he never had control long enough. In super slow-mo it looked like he held it forever. Control is all the way to the ground even on a TD catch (or extra point). I did'nt think he held it long enough to be considered a catch. The Saints defense baled them out again. Takeaways wins games. That on-side kick threw me for a loop. Ballsy call. I think next year the Saints might not be as strong. I doubt they can get as many turnovers as they got this past year. Same thing happened to the Bears.

hoopty 02-08-2010 12:53 AM

Brees on the Right
http://i679.photobucket.com/albums/v...1/DSCF1106.jpg

Drew Brees in my MRAP (FOB Stryker) RAKKASAN
http://i679.photobucket.com/albums/v...1/DSCF1114.jpg

Drew Brees Pimpin a 240B RAKKASAN
http://i679.photobucket.com/albums/v...1/DSCF1116.jpg

osi umenyiora in the turret RAKKASAN
http://i679.photobucket.com/albums/v...1/DSCF1110.jpg

Me sporting Osi's SB ring!!!!
http://i679.photobucket.com/albums/v...1/DSCF1115.jpg

Yeah I had to put my dollar in for the Saints since the Lions missed by a game or two....

02mach1 02-08-2010 01:39 AM

Congrats to Saints winning the Superbowl 44 another black gold team won Superbowl.:claus:

falcongtho3 02-08-2010 07:24 AM

Tracey Porter has huge plays in both the NFC Champ. game as well as the SB. He is one who came form obscurity to become a big local name. Brees stepped up and did what he does best. Bush, great. Shockey, tough as a $2 steak. The 'D'...they brought the whole package. No one could have asked for better from all of these guys. Thank you, thank you guys.

As far as Kartina, the media brought this to the forefront and have since it happened. You really don't hear the residents talk about it much. You still have a lot of destruction and rebuilding that may never be finished. It's no more done than the rebuilding in Hatei. My world wasn't destroyed by Katrina, but my city forever changed, as did the entire state. Sorry if you don't understand...but if you weren't affected, consider yourself a lucky person and don't judge those that were...you will never understand.

FordMan 02-08-2010 08:27 AM

A big congrats to the Saints and the city of New Orleans.

gbranton 02-08-2010 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by falcongtho3 (Post 1246332)
As far as Kartina, the media brought this to the forefront and have since it happened. You really don't hear the residents talk about it much. You still have a lot of destruction and rebuilding that may never be finished. It's no more done than the rebuilding in Hatei. My world wasn't destroyed by Katrina, but my city forever changed, as did the entire state. Sorry if you don't understand...but if you weren't affected, consider yourself a lucky person and don't judge those that were...you will never understand.

The only thing that I will add to that is my disappointment that all the talk about Katrina is 100% about New Orleans, LA. Yes NO was devestated, no it has not fully recovered by any stretch and maybe it never will BUT there were many places along the Gulf Coast that were devastated by Katrina and contrary to what you think if you watch the news, many were worse than New Orleans. Places like Pass Christian, MS and Biloxi, MS just to name two that were obliterated by the winds from Katrina. Pass Christian looked like Hiroshima on August 7, 1945. Thousands were driven out of their homes by flood waters as far east as Pascagoula, MS (maybe 8 miles from the MS/AL line), where they recieved 20 FEET of water in their downtown area, not because a system of poorly maintained levees burst but because of a 20+ foot storm surge. Many of these places aren't much further along in the rebuilding process than New Orleans, if any. Many will never rebuild. Their homes, their dreams for their families are gone forever. This was not just a tragedy for or about New Orleans, LA, it is one shared by many across the Gulf Coast.

65fastback2+2 02-08-2010 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by falcongtho3 (Post 1246332)
Sorry if you don't understand...but if you weren't affected, consider yourself a lucky person and don't judge those that were...you will never understand.

i understand...my 67 mustang has damage from katrina....roof off my parents barn was tore off. dad had to board up the windows, etc.

i guess thats why im growing tiresome from the media attention still surrounding it

65fastback2+2 02-08-2010 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gbranton (Post 1246373)
The only thing that I will add to that is my disappointment that all the talk about Katrina is 100% about New Orleans, LA. Yes NO was devestated, no it has not fully recovered by any stretch and maybe it never will BUT there were many places along the Gulf Coast that were devastated by Katrina and contrary to what you think if you watch the news, many were worse than New Orleans. Places like Pass Christian, MS and Biloxi, MS just to name two that were obliterated by the winds from Katrina. Pass Christian looked like Hiroshima on August 7, 1945. Thousands were driven out of their homes by flood waters as far east as Pascagoula, MS (maybe 8 miles from the MS/AL line), where they recieved 20 FEET of water in their downtown area, not because a system of poorly maintained levees burst but because of a 20+ foot storm surge. Many of these places aren't much further along in the rebuilding process than New Orleans, if any. Many will never rebuild. Their homes, their dreams for their families are gone forever. This was not just a tragedy for or about New Orleans, LA, it is one shared by many across the Gulf Coast.

exactly my point...that and the major cities nearby like Houston (where my parents live) took damage and housed, fed/watered tons of people as well...not to mention mississippi and alabama.

shoot id rather talk about rest of louisiana....esp over some city that was BELOW sea level. Thats like someone parking their car on railroad tracks and carrying on about how bad the train wreck was for the next 5 years.

65fastback2+2 02-08-2010 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Firebreed05 (Post 1246265)
This was a football game, not an act of God as repayment for a natural disaster. I'll agree that anyone who wants to run with that whole aspect of this thing should not be allowed to say anything about the Saints on air. But that doesn't diminish the fine bit of work by the Saints players tonight. They went in there an earned that victory.

this is how i feel....NFC won....im stoked about that

and the superbowl champs were knocked off their perfect season by my boys....so thats a nice consolation prize haha

Firebreed05 02-08-2010 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 65fastback2+2 (Post 1246430)

and the superbowl champs were knocked off their perfect season by my boys....so thats a nice consolation prize haha

I told you there was an upshot to pulling for a Saint's win. ;) :D

falcongtho3 02-08-2010 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 65fastback2+2 (Post 1246430)
this is how i feel....NFC won....im stoked about that

I'm sure there's a trophy for that...a special ed trophy. At least the Cryboys SHOULD be better than the Saints and Colts next season...they'll have three extra weeks to rest up!

24kmach 02-08-2010 08:03 PM

Being that a Indiana State Patrol gave me a BS ticket on the way back from Bermingham I have never prayed:wings: so much in my life for the Saints to win the Super Bowl. They made my day and to officer Smith :butt:

Thunderbolt 02-08-2010 08:16 PM

Ummm, yeah. Like your not paying for Katrina.

JRKANOT 02-08-2010 08:57 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 46453

Saints become America’s Team
By BEN WALKER

AP National Writer

MIAMI — Marshall Faulk ran as far as he could from the dead-end Desire Projects. He bolted the New Orleans streets to play college ball in San Diego, then blossomed into an NFL star with the Indianapolis Colts.

Forced to take sides in this Su¬per Bowl, it was easy. Faulk rooted for his roots.

From President Barack Obama to a Queen, from Mr. Big to Miss America, the retired All- Pro had lots of company. For one game, the Saints were America’s Team — champions, too, after a 31-17 win over the Colts on Sunday night.

“We played for so much more than ourselves,” quarterback and Super Bowl MVP Drew Brees said.

That’s for sure, Faulk said.

“This is very important to the city,” he said a few days ago. “For the last five, maybe 10 years, whether it’s Katrina, or the crime rate, the city’s always in a bad light. Now ... you’re getting to see some of the great things that we have to of fer.”

French Quarter hotels and restaurants filled up as Sunday’s game between the Colts and Saints approached, with fans streaming into Louisiana hoping to begin cel¬ebrating a week ahead of Mardi Gras.

Almost 4½ years after flooding from Hurricane Katrina devastated New Orleans and nearly chased the Saints out of town for good, the c l ub ’ s first Super Bowl win may well represent the city’s rebirth.

“You can’t put it into words,” r e¬ceiver Marques Colston said after the win. “This city and region have been through so much.”

Even the Colts grasped the soulful connection between the Saints and their town.

“ Ther e’s a reason America is pulling for New Orleans, and why w o u ld n ’ t they? They’ve been through a lot,” Indianapolis safety Antoine Bethea said recently. “Sports tends to pull people togeth¬er, so it’s commendable for New Orleans to be, as I guess you’d say, America’s Team right now.” Who Dat! That’s the shortened version of the team’s rally cry: “Who dat, who dat, who dat say gonna beat dem Saints?”

Egged on by New Orleans play¬ers, Saints fans started that loud, fa¬miliar chant inside Sun Life Stadi¬um an hour before kickof f . Adorned in black-and-gold beads, toting parasols in team colors and stirred by a brass band, they parad¬ed outside. Clearly, they needed no prompting to start the party.

Long after the final whistle, Saints fans lingered inside, chant¬ing and cheering. It was a win many of them thought they may never see. The franchise began playing in 1967, one year after the first Super Bowl, and had never reached the big game.

Perhaps the Saints’ biggest fan — literally — is the NBA’ s Shaquille O’Neal, the 7- foot- plus Cleveland Cavaliers center who got his start at LSU.

“It’s good for the city, the econ¬omy and the organization. When I went to school, they had, like, a 99¬year curse and hopefully that curse is over,” O’Neal said. “They haven’t won it at all. They haven’t always had bad seasons but they’ve always had, like, one play — a missed field goal or a fumble or somebody get¬ting hurt — and now this is their chance.”

Firebreed05 02-08-2010 11:13 PM

^^^^Yea, that's not stirring the pot TOO much.:mean!:

No, the Saints don't need to get tagged as the next America's Team. Like I said earlier, no one team deserves that title. I'm still a little bewildered as to why people are tying this victory to a tragedy that happened almost 5 years ago. The special connection that the people of this area have to the team is there for sure.......but it was there long before Katrina came along. Too many people trying to stretch this thing to make some sort of delayed Cinderella story out of it.

Thunderbolt 02-09-2010 12:21 AM

Every team will eventually have their year to at least make it to the Superbowl. Heck, the Arizona/St. Louis Cardinals were even a worse team than the Saints before last year. They made it to the Playoffs like twice in 35 years. It's either 4 or 5 teams that have'nt made it to the Superbowl yet.

falcongtho3 02-09-2010 08:29 AM

I think it's amazing that this Super Bowl became the most watched TV event, ever! Surpassing even the well known MASH finale, over 106 million people watched this past weekends game. I think they got their moneys worth.

There's a report that the next SI cover will have Brees holding his son. If you haven't seen it, it's a very cool shot. Funny, only yesterday I told a lot of people that shoudl be the cover shot. Looks like I finally got somethign right...

FordMan 02-09-2010 09:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thunderbolt (Post 1246644)
Every team will eventually have their year to at least make it to the Superbowl. Heck, the Arizona/St. Louis Cardinals were even a worse team than the Saints before last year. They made it to the Playoffs like twice in 35 years. It's either 4 or 5 teams that have'nt made it to the Superbowl yet.

The Lions are one of those 4 or 5 teams :D

gbranton 03-02-2010 12:27 PM

I'm not a Saints fan, but I LOVE this.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shu...urn=nfl,225075

kiler be 03-02-2010 12:42 PM

:23:...It was on ESPN radio last night. I laughed my a$$ off.
Cowboys lose again! :23: