2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club

2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Registry Discussion (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   NASCAR thread (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/showthread.php?t=55315)

FEARED 04-28-2008 11:36 AM

Re: NASCAR thread

Yea, that was pretty lame.. the racing was allright, but the end SUCKED!!! Jr having no luck, i think he had a chance if he wasnt involved in the wreck. Still got a top 10 though!

Thunderbolt 04-28-2008 02:17 PM

That was actually one of the more boring plate races I've seen. Towards the end it got really interesting with the 3,4 wide racing. That's what I love about Daytona and Talladega. I think it's just amazing the talent it takes drive those cars just a foot or so apart. After 20 years of plate racing I think people would have stopped whining already and accepted it. I could have gone to this race if it was'nt for a miscommunication between my dad and me. He thought I could'nt get the time off to go to this race. :anger:

03mach69mach 04-28-2008 03:59 PM

At this point, it looks like Gibbs Racing got the better of the Jr/Busch deal.

ylopony 04-28-2008 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 03mach69mach (Post 987378)
At this point, it looks like Gibbs Racing got the better of the Jr/Busch deal.

I would have to agree. Jr is a very good driver but he has never been a great driver and is getting to old to be a great driver. On the other hand, Busch(he's still an azz hole) is just a kid with a lot of talent and a big future. I hate to say this, but I think he is going to be the next big name in Nascar.

Even if he ever approaches the alltime winners the likes of Petty(ok no one will ever do that), David Pearson, Bobby Allison, Darrell Waltrip, Cale Yarborough, Jeff Gordon(sorry guys, he's among the best), and Dale Sr. I'll always dislike this punk. That goes for his Dumbo earred brother as well.

beerformeplz 05-02-2008 09:59 AM

I went to the local short track last night and Kyle Busch and Denny Hamlin both raced in the late models. This was the first time Kyle has seen the track and he ended up winning the pole and the race. The guy can definetly drive.
http://southside-speedway.com/

falcongtho3 05-02-2008 08:17 PM

I see Carl has signed a three year contract extention with R/F. Biffle sounds like he's happy in his position. Sounds like we've got a sold team for a few years to come.

Qualifying today??? All screwed up. Should be a mess tomorrow night...

:borg:

G 05-02-2008 10:17 PM

After tonight ----- I'm thinking about joining the Steven Wallace fan club. :23: :worship:

ylopony 05-02-2008 10:31 PM

Seems like after every race I can't stand Kyle Busch more than the race before. I get sick and tired of his whinning and poor loser attitude when he don't win. How does a class guy in Joe Gibbs wind up with two azz's like Stewart and Busch?

02mach1 05-02-2008 11:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by G (Post 989393)
After tonight ----- I'm thinking about joining the Steven Wallace fan club. :23: :worship:

same here I just wish Steven drive a Ford.

Big Ron 05-03-2008 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by G (Post 989393)

did I hear him say......."girly"? Or was it "squirrelly"? :23:

Big Ron :smokin:

G 05-03-2008 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big Ron (Post 989552)
did I hear him say......."girly"? Or was it "squirrelly"? :23:

Big Ron :smokin:

I thought it was "big eared little girl"! :23:

"I don't care, I'll wreck as many cars as I want to". BigEars

Film at 11, linky below: Harvick thinks the whole mess was funny.

http://link.brightcove.com/services/...ctid1534625399

ylopony 05-03-2008 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by G (Post 989568)
I thought it was "big eared little girl"! :23:

"I don't care, I'll wreck as many cars as I want to". BigEars

Film at 11, linky below: Harvick thinks the whole mess was funny.

http://link.brightcove.com/services/...ctid1534625399

Didn't Busch also say that if Wallace wants to race that way he is going to hurt him. I'm a Gordon fan and I'll be the first to admit there are not many I think he could hurt, but "girley" Busch would be one of them he could. :23:

G 05-03-2008 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ylopony (Post 989575)
Didn't Busch also say that if Wallace wants to race that way he is going to hurt him. I'm a Gordon fan and I'll be the first to admit there are not many I think he could hurt, but "girley" Busch would be one of them he could. :23:

He had to be talking about on the race track. :crazy:

I had my fears that Harvick would have turned out like bigears but I think he's over that phase of his career. :worship:

ylopony 05-03-2008 11:30 PM

As I said earlier, every week I can't stand Kyle Busch more than the week before. Knock out one of the Hendricks cars and I dislike him even more. Tough break for Jr.

Tough break for Hamlin, but tough. That's what you get for driving a Toyota. As for Gordon, not a bad finish with all the problems with that car and starting in last.

Thunderbolt 05-03-2008 11:44 PM

That wreck at the end of the race was nothing but hard racing. The replay to me looked like Earnhardt Jr. was coming down and Busch was going alittle high and they met. I like neither teams and that's the way it looked to me. It was all right to see Bowyer win. He just stays quiet and does his job.

weaver 05-03-2008 11:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ylopony (Post 989799)
As I said earlier, every week I can't stand Kyle Busch more than the week before. Knock out one of the Hendricks cars and I dislike him even more. Tough break for Jr.

Tough break for Hamlin, but tough. That's what you get for driving a Toyota. As for Gordon, not a bad finish with all the problems with that car and starting in last.

What makes it worse about Kunt Bush is his total lack of respect. I'm talking about off the track. He's just like his brother, maybe worse.

G 05-03-2008 11:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thunderbolt (Post 989805)
That wreck at the end of the race was nothing but hard racing. The replay to me looked like Earnhardt Jr. was coming down and Busch was going alittle high and they met. I like neither teams and that's the way it looked to me. It was all right to see Bowyer win. He just stays quiet and does his job.

BigEars drove in too hard, got loose, and wrecked Jr. I'm not a fan of either but that was a bonehead move. He hit him and then had to spin him in an effort to not spin himself, it was clearly his screw up. He should have been man enough to admit it after seeing the replay. If you can't control your car well enough to not hit the other driver, it's your fault and yes that's racing but be able to admit when you get in over your head and cause crap.

Compare how Mark worked on bigears the last two laps, a world of difference in the class involved. Mark could have moved him on several occasions but did not. :worship:

G 05-03-2008 11:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by weaver (Post 989810)
What makes it worse about Kunt Bush is his total lack of respect. I'm talking about off the track. He's just like his brother, maybe worse.

I think Kurt is way different than bigears and you are right. :smokin:

Azure Blurr 05-03-2008 11:59 PM

The dude is a complete idiot! He needs a little "Dale Sr." attitude adjusting!

Thunderbolt 05-04-2008 12:17 AM

Dale Sr. was an idiot. He bulldozed guys right off the track without blinking an eye.

G 05-04-2008 12:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Azure Blurr (Post 989815)
The dude is a complete idiot! He needs a little "Dale Sr." attitude adjusting!

Agree.

It may not be common knowledge but Dale Sr was not even close to the worst driver to screw with on the track. In no particular order:

Ricky Rudd
Tommy Ellis
Anyone named Allison
DW
Geoff Bodine
Harry Gant
Cale Yarborough
Joe Weatherly

G 05-04-2008 12:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thunderbolt (Post 989822)
Dale Sr. was an idiot. He bulldozed guys right off the track without blinking an eye.

He was not well educated but was one of the smartest drivers to reach the Cup series. In his words, "they have an option, move over or get moved. The decision is in their hands." :worship:

beerformeplz 05-04-2008 12:35 AM

Just got back from the race, I was cheering Hamlin for causing that caution because Junior was gone. Figured thats the way it was going to end when they bunched them back up. I loved it.

:eyes: = jr fans....lol

Thunderbolt 05-04-2008 12:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by G (Post 989827)
He was not well educated but was one of the smartest drivers to reach the Cup series. In his words, "they have an option, move over or get moved. The decision is in their hands." :worship:

And Kyle Busch is an idiot for what reason then?

beerformeplz 05-04-2008 01:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thunderbolt (Post 989834)
And Kyle Busch is an idiot for what reason then?

If his name was JR instead of Bush it would be ok.