2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club

2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Registry Discussion (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   NASCAR thread (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/showthread.php?t=55315)

Azure Blurr 04-13-2008 08:17 PM

Re: NASCAR thread

Quote:

Originally Posted by ylopony (Post 980536)
I will admit I've had a few of the barley and hops in liquid form this evening. :23:

Here's something that I forgot to ask. Did all of you get stuck watching the Redsox/Yankee's game when they should have been televising the pre race and start of the race. I missed the first 3 laps because of this. I love baseball but I don't give a rats AZZ about these two teams in the monthy of April. Perhaps September but not now. No offense to you fans of these teams.

I was pissed at first, but it was a good game to watch. I really do not care for some of the pre-race crap.

Thunderbolt 04-13-2008 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ylopony (Post 980520)

I'm a fan of American auto companies. If it's Toyota, Honda, Lexus, Infinity, Acura, Hyundai and etc I want nothing to do with it. I won't drive it. I won't buy it. And it won't park in my driveway either.

So your VW got parked on the street?

falcongtho3 04-13-2008 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ylopony (Post 980536)
I will admit I've had a few of the barley and hops in liquid form this evening. :23:

Here's something that I forgot to ask. Did all of you get stuck watching the Redsox/Yankee's game when they should have been televising the pre race and start of the race. I missed the first 3 laps because of this. I love baseball but I don't give a rats AZZ about these two teams in the monthy of April. Perhaps September but not now. No offense to you fans of these teams.

Here we not only missed the first two or three laps due to baseball coverage, but then the dingbats switched over to the race before the last out in the game, with 2 outs and a full count! Can you say 'Heidi'? So they mangaged to screw over two sports in a matter of minutes. I'm not a B-B fan, but I know that there are at least six or seven out there, and I'm sure at least half of them were watching.
:borg:

ylopony 04-14-2008 06:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thunderbolt (Post 980560)
So your VW got parked on the street?

I bought into all that media crap about how great some of the imports were and how great of a family car the Passat was. That was a miserable car. It was my first and last import. That was the shortest period I ever owned a car(about 16 months) We all make mistakes or change our views on things. If it's not GM, Dodge, or Ford I won't have a title in my name with it. :claus:

gvervoren 04-14-2008 08:18 PM

unfortunatly, a lot of Fords have Mazda motors in them. At least they used to.

02mach1 04-20-2008 08:35 PM

bursh won in Mexico in this toy.:mean!:

ylopony 04-21-2008 10:42 PM

There couldn't be anything I hate more than watching an Azz like Busch win driving a Toyota in Mexico.(something about Nascar, Toyota, and Mexico that I just don't like). As for Busch, I just don't like the jerk, even at Hendricks I hated him.

Come one you Gordon haters, you gotta hate this worse. :23:

02mach1 04-22-2008 12:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ylopony (Post 984189)
There couldn't be anything I hate more than watching an Azz like Busch win driving a Toyota in Mexico.(something about Nascar, Toyota, and Mexico that I just don't like). As for Busch, I just don't like the jerk, even at Hendricks I hated him.

I agree 110% with you.

falcongtho3 04-22-2008 07:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ylopony (Post 984189)

I just can't believe that Hendricks would dump such a talented, and high class driver like Busch to pick up a redneck wannabe like Earnhardt. With Kyle gone, there's no way they'll ever win another Cup championship.
Their loss...

:butt:
:23:
:smack:

mstng680365 04-23-2008 04:13 PM

what do you guys think of this story?

http://www.nascar.com/2008/news/head...gle.html#page2

Looks like ford might be using the mustang body in the nationwide series.

Maybe a camaro for GM.

And could be a challenger for dodge.

That series could take over if those cars actually end up looking like "stock" cars again.

pic18 04-23-2008 09:14 PM

I'd love to see a Mustang, Camaro, and Challenger make up the Nationwide series. That alone would make me pay more attention to that series. I don't think they will look much like street cars though.

FEARED 04-24-2008 05:51 PM

stock cars would rock! I would definatly watch more Nation Wide series.

gvervoren 04-24-2008 07:11 PM

Mustangs in NASCAR would be awesome!!!

falcongtho3 04-24-2008 11:04 PM

I'd love to see the Mustang/Camaro/Challenger deal fly. Tht would be a shot in the arm that stock car (emphasis on stock) racing needs!

On anothe note:

Stewrat to leave JGR???

http://www.nascar.com/2008/news/head...ure/index.html

ylopony 04-25-2008 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by falcongtho3 (Post 985782)
I'd love to see the Mustang/Camaro/Challenger deal fly. Tht would be a shot in the arm that stock car (emphasis on stock) racing needs!

On anothe note:

Stewrat to leave JGR???

http://www.nascar.com/2008/news/head...ure/index.html

I would love to see this happen as well. If this were to happen even I would have a tough time rooting for a #24 Camaro. :23:

As for Tony Stewart leaving JGR, I think it's a real possibility. I don't really think that Stewart was all that happy with the Toiletta deal. That and how could you possible enjoy having a teammate like Kyle Busch. Even if you are an idiot like Stewart. Now if he were to join Hendricks I may have to change my opinion of Stewart. LOL

ylopony 04-27-2008 09:08 AM

It should turn out to be an interesting race. That is until after all the go or go home qualifiers that qualified in the front take out much of the field.

I'm not real big on these impound races. I hate where all these hasbeen or wanna be meatballs set up the cars to qualify strong or go home, while the top teams set up their cars in race day setup and qualify lower down. They do this knowing that afterwards Nascar impounds the car and you race with that setup. As a result these lower teams cars blow up early because they are not set to run a long race or they take out a bunch of cars because they don't have the talent to race the car up there to begin with.

Either eliminate impounding races or better yet Nascar, get rid of the automatic top 35. All cars should be qualify or go home.

With that I'm not even going to predict who is going to win this race. Just like yesterdays Nationwide race in a matter of seconds 20 cars can be wiped out. But here's hoping a Gordon, Johnson, Earnhardt 1-2-3 finish. :3amin:

falcongtho3 04-27-2008 09:17 AM

No lie! That was a mess...TWICE! I wonder who will fill in for Franchitti (Mr. Ashley Judd), who was injured during the Nationwide race, but qualified last for the Cup race?

JackD 04-27-2008 12:06 PM

Rumor has it David Streeme will replace Franchitti.

falcongtho3 04-27-2008 12:52 PM

I did just read that on the NASCAR web site. The upside for Dario? He has Ashley to 'nurse' him back to health...lucky b*****d...

JackD 04-27-2008 02:55 PM

First 32 laps led by Tony. No wait Schrader led one. :butt:

G 04-27-2008 04:12 PM

????? one team having tire issues?????

What are they doing over there? :anger:

JackD 04-27-2008 05:59 PM

Everone's favorite, Busch in a Toyota! Gotta love plate racing! :crazy:

Azure Blurr 04-27-2008 06:09 PM