2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club

2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Registry Discussion (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   NFL Football Thread (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/showthread.php?t=84561)

b3warnick 01-17-2010 04:08 PM

Re: NFL Football Thread

Wow .... the Vikes didn't open up a can o' whoop a$$ ... they opened up a 55 gallon drum o' whoop a$$. What a beat down!!! :23:

KEVINC66 01-17-2010 04:12 PM

I was just wondering where all the Viking fans were, it's okay for the rest of you to creep out now.:butt:

b3warnick 01-17-2010 04:16 PM

Not me .... I'm a Stillers fan.

KEVINC66 01-17-2010 04:27 PM

:23:
Quote:

Originally Posted by b3warnick (Post 1240666)
Not me .... I'm a Stillers fan.

Sorry bout that, about being a Steelers fan:23: Seriously though, no offense intended, just get tired of fans who you never know what team they root for until they win the Super Bowl.................Kevin.

Firebreed05 01-17-2010 04:36 PM

Congrats to Romo for landing this year's Most Beat Up QB award. Can't wait to see the acceptance speech from his physical therapist's office.

I propose we nominate a new team to be designated "America's Team" :23:

Fenixfire 01-17-2010 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by b3warnick (Post 1240664)
Wow .... the Vikes didn't open up a can o' whoop a$$ ... they opened up a 55 gallon drum o' whoop a$$. What a beat down!!! :23:

No lie!!! They ripped Dallas a new one! Everyone said Favre should retire. Well right about now Cowboy fans are wishing he had! 40 years old and he still scrambles like a madman, throws a bullet midstride and takes a hit as well as any other QB 15 years younger. You gotta give the man props for what he has and is accomplishing.

Im rooting for Favre to win the superbowl, lol.

Fenixfire 01-17-2010 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Firebreed05 (Post 1240673)
Congrats to Romo for landing this year's Most Beat Up QB award. Can't wait to see the acceptance speech from his physical therapist's office.

Hahahaha, ya. How many times did he get sacked? Like 5? 6?

JRKANOT 01-17-2010 05:14 PM

At least the girls in dall *** have a good football team.

http://www.upi.com/News_Photos/Sport...l-League/2408/ :worship: :worship:

acreature 01-17-2010 05:27 PM

I congratulate Favre on getting that Cowboy Playoff monkey off of his back.

Fenixfire 01-17-2010 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JRKANOT (Post 1240679)
At least the girls in dall *** have a good football team.

http://www.upi.com/News_Photos/Sport...l-League/2408/ :worship: :worship:

Something tells me this league might soon eclipse the NFL in popularity! :23:

falcongtho3 01-17-2010 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 65fastback2+2 (Post 1240596)
cowboys ftw!

Guess we won't be beating the C-boys next weeknd...(but we'll take the next best thing)

:borg:

65fastback2+2 01-17-2010 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Firebreed05 (Post 1240673)

the offensive line was a major disaster. everyone kept blaming those fumbles on romo, but when youre getting hit on your blind side, there is little you can do. he got knocked down like 50% of the plays

Quote:

Originally Posted by falcongtho3 (Post 1240744)
Guess we won't be beating the C-boys next weeknd...(but we'll take the next best thing)

heres the fun part, if it was the cowboys or the vikings, i knew one thing....saints getting whooped next week.

gbranton 01-17-2010 11:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mach nism (Post 1240594)
Romo is only on his 3rd year as a starter :crazy:

With that said, he is the more consistent at the end of a season than the last 2 years, even in the losses in early December, it wasn't on Romo.

Farve's third year as a starter he went to his third Pro Bowl and was MVP. He also MADE IT to the NFC Championship game.

By his third season Joe Montana had been to one Pro Bowl and was Super Bowl MVP.

Tom Brady: Two Pro Bowls and Super Bowl MVP TWICE.

Thunderbolt 01-17-2010 11:37 PM

I have to laugh. Norv Turner loses again. He's a team killer.

Fenixfire 01-17-2010 11:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gbranton (Post 1240779)
Farve's third year as a starter he went to his third Pro Bowl and was MVP. He also MADE IT to the NFC Championship game.

By his third season Joe Montana had been to one Pro Bowl and was Super Bowl MVP.

Tom Brady: Two Pro Bowls and Super Bowl MVP TWICE.

Montana also holds the record for most TD passes all time, which may be broken by Favre next week(but Montana didnt play till he was 40 either).

Montana also has FOUR Superbowl rings, more than any other quarterback in history.

Thunderbolt 01-17-2010 11:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fenixfire (Post 1240789)
Montana also has FOUR Superbowl rings, more than any other quarterback in history.

Wrong. Bradshaw had 4.

04machwon22 01-18-2010 12:03 AM

Just got back from indy and all i have to say is that we might have lost but we played 2 more games than the steelers and yes what did that give us a lower draft pick.... but atleast we wernt booted out of the playoffs by the browns :butt:

gbranton 01-18-2010 12:18 AM

.........Roger Staubach after three years, one Pro Bowl, one Super Bowl MVP.

In his first two years Bart Starr led the Green Bay Packers to two NFL Championships.

So what's all this stuff about not expecting much from a third year starter?

Thunderbolt 01-18-2010 07:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 04machwon22 (Post 1240795)
Just got back from indy and all i have to say is that we might have lost but we played 2 more games than the steelers and yes what did that give us a lower draft pick.... but atleast we wernt booted out of the playoffs by the browns :butt:

Whatever excuse lets you sleep better at night. :23:

falcongtho3 01-18-2010 07:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 65fastback2+2 (Post 1240764)
the offensive line was a major disaster. everyone kept blaming those fumbles on romo, but when youre getting hit on your blind side, there is little you can do. he got knocked down like 50% of the plays

heres the fun part, if it was the cowboys or the vikings, i knew one thing....saints getting whooped next week.

Romo looked pretty bad, but his front line colapsed. It was much stronger when they beat us. I like our chances again Farve if we can put pressure on him. He'll want to retire after that game. (Again) It will be a much talked about game, more as a 'Brees vs Farve' matchup rather than the Saints vs Vikings.
I can't believe the Jets and their strength. I don't think they have much of a chance against the colts, but no one thought they'd get this far.

Thunderbolt 01-18-2010 09:58 AM

If the Jets can keep the Colts under 21 points then they have a chance to win.

KEVINC66 01-18-2010 09:58 AM

A great QB, not Romo(He's good, just not great yet) finds a way to win, knock him down, he'll bounce back up and go at you the next time he has the ball. Keep in mind, people forget that Favre was'nt a great QB until midway in his career, Romo has been in 3-4 yrs. I'm not a Dallas fan(I HATE them) just calling it like I see it............................Kevin

np_mach1 01-18-2010 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 04machwon22 (Post 1240795)

You sound like the fan that almost got his *** kicked when I was at the Steeler B-more game. You must have Ravens pajama pants :23:

The only time I rooted for the ravens all year is when they beat the Pats in the playoffs. I took a 4 hour shower after the game :12:

np_mach1 01-18-2010 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thunderbolt (Post 1240846)
If the Jets can keep the Colts under 21 points then they have a chance to win.

That would be a HUGE if.

Manning is going to rip them up!

04machwon22 01-18-2010 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by np_mach1 (Post 1240855)
You sound like the fan that almost got his *** kicked when I was at the Steeler B-more game. You must have Ravens pajama pants :23:

The only time I rooted for the ravens all year is when they beat the Pats in the playoffs. I took a 4 hour shower after the game :12:

its all in good fun i love all football fans!