2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club

2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/index.php)
-   Engine & Drivetrain (Including trans & rear axles) (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=64)
-   -   Ford Racing Cams Installed - WOW!!!!! (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/showthread.php?t=31105)

MachOneThis 04-14-2005 12:43 PM

Re: Ford Racing Cams Installed - WOW!!!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mach1Marauder
Just make sure you're using ALL of your RPMs!!!! With that TQ peak just before 5000, you need to use it to your advantage!!

Yeah - Right again Bill. The RPM shift points for these cams look like they'll be different than what ran best with stock cams. Tuesday night I wound third up higher than we used to shift at (6600 vs 6200) and I think that is where the 115 came from - was not the air for sure. Tricky thing now with unprepped track is 2nd gear - that large drop from 1st to 2nd is putting us right at max torque after the shift and you can feel it - tried to powershift Tuesday and I started laughing when I hit second - it felt like I was spraying that gear with all the wheel spin.

MachOneThis 04-14-2005 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mach1Marauder
Bring that dang monster down to Atlanta this weekend for FFW!!!!........and lemme drive it! :10: :10: :cool:

We can't do that - you might hurt our stock shifter. LOL

blackbeast99 05-06-2005 07:08 PM

Where can I get these cams??

MachOneThis 05-07-2005 12:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blackbeast99
Where can I get these cams??

Any Ford Dealership that sells Ford Racing items or any speed shop that sells Ford Racing items. There is a Ford Racing web site, but they charge retail. You would get better price somewhere else. Jeg's could probably order - they are a FR dealer. 1-800-345-4545.

I've thought about these a lot since we bought them and cannot think of a better set of cams for the Mach motor. We do not race the car other than going to Test n Tune sessions to have fun. Ran 11.90 this past Tuesday night on unprepped track - 60 foot only 1.66 on that run. Cams also drive great - still have a lot of low end power as well as increased power up high. There are other N/A Machs in the 11s, but most are much lighter than our 3470 pounds.

Nazman 05-10-2005 12:15 AM

rcodemach1 05-10-2005 12:33 AM

Congrats. That is incredible.
This is a factory short block? Or a stroker?

Mean04Mustang 05-10-2005 12:46 AM

I really want to do the cam set up but im going to wait till my warrenty runs up befor I do it. So does it sound better? Im sure it has a more cam sound to it for sure. Any downsides to the new cam set up? Thats some nice HP and Tq. What other cams were you looking at and why you choose these over them?

Nazman 05-10-2005 03:32 AM

Neverra 05-10-2005 07:48 AM

Those are awesome numbers! Can you post a pic of the dyno graph?

Nazman 05-10-2005 09:49 AM

PeeDeeMACH 05-10-2005 09:55 AM

Wow, what does all that mean in american eglish units!

PeeDeeMACH 05-10-2005 09:56 AM

Oops, meant ENGLISH

Nazman 05-11-2005 05:03 AM

TheWaterSkier 05-11-2005 12:16 PM

MachOneThis, would you mind defining "Full Exhaust" please? What do you have installed on the car for headers, mid-pipe, and catback?

MachOneThis 05-11-2005 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheWaterSkier
MachOneThis, would you mind defining "Full Exhaust" please? What do you have installed on the car for headers, mid-pipe, and catback?

Bassani MidLength Headers, Bassani Off Road Xpipe, 2 Chamber Flows, Mandrel bent 2.5" from the flows over the axles into stock tips.

Nazman 05-12-2005 02:30 AM

Cobrapete 05-12-2005 08:50 PM

Very impressive....I am building a shortblock...and putting Fr500 cams in....I will let you know what kind of power I get.

Pete

rcodemach1 05-12-2005 11:03 PM

What is unreal is how it doesn't LOSE anything down low. Fantastic. I want those cams. Can you refresh me as to which intake you are running? Is it a ported but full length runner intake?

Also, how extensive was the porting? I have done plenty of mild porting and am confident I can improve my heads, but not confident enough to radically change the overall shape of the ports. But cleanup in the bowls and around the seats and guides is no problem.

Also, do you feel a large part of the gain is from the valve job (if you did regrind the valves and seats)

Thanks.

Nazman 05-13-2005 03:53 AM

G-townMACH 05-14-2005 01:08 PM

Ok you guys with the fr500 kit... hows the driveability?? Are these machs yall's daily drivers?? Have yall had any mishaps since the install? It just makes me cringe to think about digging into the motor of my 04 mach. But if this kit, properly installed of course, is just as reliable and dependable as stock,, it may be tempting.

rcodemach1 05-14-2005 02:32 PM

Ck out the power #s above. No power loss down low, so I would think it won't have any issues. Should be awesome with your exhaust setup, but you probably need to get the intake ported to take full advantage of the new parts. 'Course you'll need a non-painted cowl hood too. :smokin:

I'm not worried about porting my own heads so I might be able to get by with getting just the cams. But I'll have to open up my intake some more, since I smoothed out the lid and upper part of the intake but didn't do much in the bottom (removed the plugs but didn't cut the bottom off this time).

Nazman 05-16-2005 01:23 AM