2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club

2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Registry Discussion (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   NASCAR thread (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/showthread.php?t=55315)

birdman941 02-10-2008 08:28 AM

Re: NASCAR thread

Jack Roush was right about Toiletta throwing cubic dollars at Asscar.
It's the beginning of the end.
Brian "Sissy" France drives a Lexus.
That says a lot.

ylopony 02-10-2008 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by falcongtho3 (Post 948736)
Yep, I was thrilled...now they're not in the way of any of the good drivers.

:borg:

Can't be in the way when they are usually leading the pack of less talented drivers. About the only exceptions to the less talent are a couple of the Roush boys and unfortunately Stewrat. 4 cup wins, 3 Daytona wins, and 82 cup wins sounds like a very non talented and not so good driver to me. :crazy:

And I'm also curious to see how many of you out there that were die hard Jr. fans abandon your allegience to him because he now drives for a "convicted felon" If there were more convicted felons who owned teams and treated their drivers and employee's like Hendricks, Nascar would be a much better sport. The man has shown nothing but class over the years.

It looks like another great year for Hendricks. Three of the best drivers(the forth looks like he is going to be a good one as well), excellent teams, an excellent owner, excellent cars. Lots of victories over "The Good Drivers" I'm sure.

And lastly. Jr sure did not look very happy yesterday in victory lane being with the Hendricks team did he? :23:

birdman941 02-10-2008 09:49 AM

Fact:
Toiletta HAS thrown cubic dollars at Asscar
Fact:
Rick Hendrick IS a convicted felon

falcongtho3 02-10-2008 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ylopony (Post 948911)
Can't be in the way when they are usually leading the pack of less talented drivers. About the only exceptions to the less talent are a couple of the Roush boys and unfortunately Stewrat. 4 cup wins, 3 Daytona wins, and 82 cup wins sounds like a very non talented and not so good driver to me. :crazy:

And I'm also curious to see how many of you out there that were die hard Jr. fans abandon your allegience to him because he now drives for a "convicted felon" If there were more convicted felons who owned teams and treated their drivers and employee's like Hendricks, Nascar would be a much better sport. The man has shown nothing but class over the years.

Yep, they were in the way. And having someone who is a convicted felon does not speak well for a 'family' sport. Good value lessons there.
I will agree with your querry about the Jr. fans, but it does beg the question of how many were actually Jr. fans and how many were Sr. fans that chose to follow him once that tragic day happened?
I will say that I am still a die hard Ford fan, and always will be. I'm not going to jump on the Hendricks bandwagon due to their success, as many (and I am not saying that about you as I do not believe it the case) have done of late. I will also say there is a Chevy driver I will root for, and he drove the #8 last night. (Boy, I never thought I'd be saying that! ) The reason? Like Bill Elliott he was a great Ford driver, and set the bar for class in a sport that sometimes seems to be lacking in self restraint.
The Yates cars had some guts last night, and I'm really curious to see the results of the pole qualifying later today. Roush seems to be comitted to a better showing than last season. Let's hope!

birdman941 02-10-2008 10:57 AM

:agree: on the Mark Martin statement.
Also, if it weren't for Bill Elliott,
there might not have been Ford's success in the mid to late 80's and early 90's.
Both on the race track and the marketplace.

Azure Blurr 02-10-2008 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by birdman941 (Post 948914)
Fact:
Toiletta HAS thrown cubic dollars at Asscar
Fact:
Rick Hendrick IS a convicted felon

Quote:

Originally Posted by birdman941 (Post 948945)
:agree: on the Mark Martin statement.
Also, if it weren't for Bill Elliott,
there might not have been Ford's success in the mid to late 80's and early 90's.
Both on the race track and the marketplace.

I love the birdmans post in this thread! He is dead on 95% of the time.

I will say JJ & JG are talented and owe alot(80%) of that to the HENDRICKS TEAM! It will be interesting to see what JR does there. I do not believe he is as talented as alot believe, but I am a fan of his. With all this being said, you put any of these three in a Jack Roush car and Katy bar the door! :23:
I would love to see JR, JG and Carl Edwards on a team!
Oh, I hope that whole Gibbs thing backfires into one of the worst seasons on record! :anger:

ylopony 02-10-2008 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by falcongtho3 (Post 948928)
Yep, they were in the way. And having someone who is a convicted felon does not speak well for a 'family' sport. Good value lessons there.
I will agree with your querry about the Jr. fans, but it does beg the question of how many were actually Jr. fans and how many were Sr. fans that chose to follow him once that tragic day happened?
I will say that I am still a die hard Ford fan, and always will be. I'm not going to jump on the Hendricks bandwagon due to their success, as many (and I am not saying that about you as I do not believe it the case) have done of late. I will also say there is a Chevy driver I will root for, and he drove the #8 last night. (Boy, I never thought I'd be saying that! ) The reason? Like Bill Elliott he was a great Ford driver, and set the bar for class in a sport that sometimes seems to be lacking in self restraint.
The Yates cars had some guts last night, and I'm really curious to see the results of the pole qualifying later today. Roush seems to be comitted to a better showing than last season. Let's hope!

I will not dispute the fact that he was a convicted felon. The charges have been questionable by many. Hoever, he was convicted.

I don't condone mistakes but it's what does a person do after those mistakes and pays the price. Hendricks is very involved in his community both in his time and money. He has started the Henrick Marrow Program as well as the Hendrick Foundation for Children.

I agree with you about Jr fans. Most of these are jump on the bandwagon daddy fans who wanted something to hang onto from his father.

I've been a fan of Gordons for years.(My history here on this site for the past three years will attest to that) I could care less that he was from California or that some want to question his umm should we say gender orientation.( I could care less). I've followed and attended races for years and have liked him since his rookie season.

I have no preference toward manuafacturer's other than Toyota. However,Gordon goes to a Toyota and I want nothing to do with him. I have no loyalty between Ford or Chevrolet. I have two Ford products and a Chevrolet in my garage.

Ernie Irvin was and is my favorite driver of all time. I also grew up cheering for Neil Bonnett, Rusty Wallace, and of course the best ever, Richard Petty.

And lastly as for family values in the sport. There are more family values coming out of the convicted felon Hendricks team than that coming out of the Joe Gibbs(christian) team with Stewart and now adding Kyle Busch. I have no idea why a man of excellent character like him can't coral and control an idiot like Stewart and then goes out and gets another hot head and dangerous driver like Kyle Busch.

falcongtho3 02-10-2008 11:42 AM

I'm hoping that Gibbs ability as a coach (leader) might calm him down, not that I'm fan of Kyles, but it certaily wouldn't hurt the sport to see him rise above his older brother. Good thing JGR didn't pick up Kurt, now that would be a show!!! I defnitly feel that mose fans are not for the Toyota influx in the Winston/Sprint/Nextel/Who Knows? Cup series. I'd obviously like to see more success for the Ford teams, and I do thing that day is right around the corner (hopefully a left turn corner), and Dodge has shown some glimmering of greatness. I can't dispute Chevys record, but I don't have to like it.

03mach69mach 02-10-2008 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ylopony (Post 948911)

It looks like another great year for Hendricks. Three of the best drivers(the forth looks like he is going to be a good one as well), excellent teams, an excellent owner, excellent cars. Lots of victories over "The Good Drivers" I'm sure.

And lastly. Jr sure did not look very happy yesterday in victory lane being with the Hendricks team did he? :23:

Get it straight, Henricks is no convicted Felony.....Remember, Clinton pardoned him for some cash & wiped it clean. Now thats what Nascar needs, more pardoned felon's that have lots of cash!

gvervoren 02-10-2008 02:43 PM

With all this talk about Toyota, just remember, Toyota is basically a big dollar sponsor for those cars. The only thing in that entire car that MIGHT be Toyota is the engine block. Am I a Toyota fan, HECK NO but these days in NASCAR, they are all pretty much the same whether it's a Dodge, Ford Chevrolet, Or Toyota.

birdman941 02-10-2008 02:51 PM

Another thing that bugs me is this:
The shipping companies' sponsorships are Toilettas.
fedex + ASSCAR
UPS = ASSCAR
DHL = NHRA or IHRA
I saw a Toiletta DHL funny car at the PRI show in Orlando,
and it was directly across from the Steeda booth.
Not much is more American than Steeda.
It made me want to puke.
I suppose I will have to use the US Postal Service from now on.
I also avoid Domino's Pizza.
Also, Why in the world would Caterpiller,
a US maker of HD construction equipment,
want to sponsor a Jap car?
People need to pay more attention and redefine what true Patriotism actually is.
Even a lake was filled one drop at a time.

birdman941 02-10-2008 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 03mach69mach (Post 948990)
Get it straight, Henricks is no convicted Felony.....Remember, Clinton pardoned him for some cash & wiped it clean. Now thats what Nascar needs, more pardoned felon's that have lots of cash!

So commit a felony and be pardoned by a guy who cheats on his wife,
and humiliates our Nation?
:wtf:

mach460 02-10-2008 02:54 PM

[QUOTE=gvervoren;949057]With all this talk about Toyota, just remember, Toyota is basically a big dollar sponsor for those cars. The only thing in that entire car that MIGHT be Toyota is the engine block. Am I a Toyota fan, HECK NO but these days in NASCAR, they are all pretty much the same whether it's a Dodge, Ford Chevrolet, Or Toyota.[/

You might as well call it the NASCAR IROC cars,,
like you said they are all pretty much the same..
Nacsar learned well from the IROC.............

02mach1 02-10-2008 03:10 PM

I know, these not real stock cars anymore the real stockcars are down under now.

pic18 02-10-2008 04:24 PM

Go Bobby Labonte!

FEARED 02-10-2008 07:40 PM

I think the last 2 pages of this is the most drama ive ever heard in this thread.. no talk about the race at all.

So ill say something, How about that F'ing race?! That couldnt have been much better for a warmup to the 500.

02mach1 02-11-2008 02:01 PM

Iam taking half day off watch the 125s on Speed thursday I hope old Said get in the race.

G 02-11-2008 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 02mach1 (Post 949452)
Iam taking half day off watch the 125s on Speed thursday I hope old Said get in the race.

I'm taking the whole day. :23: :worship:

Rustangin 02-11-2008 03:37 PM

I watched the least amount of Nascar I have ever watched last year and I plan to do more of the same this year. I'll turn my attention to NHRA again this year. Daytona and Talledega have been a load of crap ever since they mandated restrictor plates. Bill and Brian France have always been a bunch of wusses. What is racing if you can't even pass? Even if you have to lower the displacement of the engines for god sake uncork those bad boys and lets see how many wins hendricks has on the big tracks then. Quit starving those Fords and Dodges. Yeah I know France is scared to see anyone else win besides his beloved few.....a.k.a Gordan, Johnson, Junior and Stewart

Thunderbolt 02-11-2008 04:11 PM

They made the restrictor plates not as restrictive again this year. From what I saw of the Bud Shootout it looks like these new cars can pass easier than in other years. Yeah, your still gonna have the packs but it's somewhat of an improvement. To me, I find the pack racing incredible. Especially seeing it in person. Their are so many "almost" wrecks that you never see on tv. Get rid of the restrictor plates and you've got nothing but alot of dead race car driver's. The safety equipment would'nt hold up. Rusty Wallace went 230mph unrestricted and said it was unsafe as hell.

gvervoren 02-11-2008 04:51 PM

Rusty said it was blast to go that fast at Talledega but said it was wayyyyyy to dangerous to be racing that fast.

FEARED 02-11-2008 06:34 PM

230?! holy ****.. thats insane...

Im fine the the restricter plates, and i love watching them race in Packs. I plan on watching MORE NASCAR this year, than last...

G 02-11-2008 07:20 PM

Gerald Kulwicki Passes -- Father of Alan Kulwicki.

This is a few days old but worth mentioning. Alan was one of a kind. :wings:

G 02-11-2008 07:43 PM

What time is it????

Click me to see!

Big Ron 02-11-2008 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by G (Post 949629)
What time is it????

Click me to see!

:23: awesome :23: