2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club

2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Registry Discussion (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   NASCAR thread (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/showthread.php?t=55315)

JDraper 01-27-2008 10:11 AM

Re: NASCAR thread

Quote:

Originally Posted by falcongtho3 (Post 941628)
Ya know, I'm sure that if Victoria Secret would be the major sponsor we could get a 'Cup' race that EVERYONE would want to watch! :23:

:borg:

But would that be "B" or "C" series racing???:PIMP:

falcongtho3 01-27-2008 10:58 AM

You'd have different 'lettering' for the level of series; A, B, C, and D for the various series.

You might have to forgive me for putting that out there. I just finished watching the Blue Collar Comedy Tour, and they were talking about the Kotex Cup...I can't even tell you how funny that was. You'll have to watch/rent it. As a bonus, Foxworthy does a great piece about Jeff Gordon!

Azure Blurr 01-27-2008 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by falcongtho3 (Post 941639)
You'd have different 'lettering' for the level of series; A, B, C, and D for the various series.

You might have to forgive me for putting that out there. I just finished watching the Blue Collar Comedy Tour, and they were talking about the Kotex Cup...I can't even tell you how funny that was. You'll have to watch/rent it. As a bonus, Foxworthy does a great piece about Jeff Gordon!

I've seen that! Funny stuff.

03mach69mach 01-27-2008 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gvervoren (Post 941590)
Why start a new one? No point in having two.

Because it's 56 pages long and it is done on other threads such as College Football, Carlisle & other events. Just a suggestion so newbies don't have to look through 56 pages (most dealing with last years races) of old stuff.

But then again, it is NASCAR, so same old shi#, different year, whatever.

Bring on NHRA Drag Racing.

Azure Blurr 01-27-2008 11:53 AM

Depends on how you're set up. I only see 28 pages of history of past seasons. Will be great to look back on. Newbs won't waste their time, they'll go straight to the last page.
I do agree, bring on the NHRA season!

G 01-27-2008 02:28 PM

I like long historic threads. :worship: Example; Hottie Thread :23:

Big Ron 01-27-2008 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JDraper (Post 941630)
But would that be "B" or "C" series racing???:PIMP:

I would only be interested in the "D" series :claus:

I'm ready for just ANY kind of racing right now!

Big Ron :smokin:

FEARED 01-27-2008 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by G (Post 941701)

Hotties thread FTW!:PICS:

falcongtho3 01-27-2008 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big Ron (Post 941748)
I would only be interested in the "D" series :claus:

I'm ready for just ANY kind of racing right now!

Big Ron :smokin:

If we can get a D-D series level, we might just be able to get Bill to become a NASCAR fan!

03mach69mach 01-28-2008 07:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by G (Post 941701)

Hottie thread is full of great photos of T&A, which, in my opinion, never gets old or dated, so those type threads are a great to look back on:11: .

Reading about how Jr will leave DEI for somewhere is yesterdays news. Leave last years stuff last year.

ylopony 01-28-2008 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 03mach69mach (Post 942142)
Hottie thread is full of great photos of T&A, which, in my opinion, never gets old or dated, so those type threads are a great to look back on:11: .

Reading about how Jr will leave DEI for somewhere is yesterdays news. Leave last years stuff last year.

I like history. :23:

falcongtho3 01-28-2008 12:10 PM

With using the same thread, we maintain a historical base that people can access so that they can look back at a time when all of the cars were different, Toyota didn't rule the tracks, and...oh, who am I kidding...this is gonna start sucking this coming year...

02mach1 01-28-2008 01:25 PM

We got two weeks to go for 500 I'am going pick Matt #17

G 01-28-2008 02:12 PM

I think David Reutimann in the Toyota will win at Daytona. His car is running like it's on jet fuel. :23:

falcongtho3 01-28-2008 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by G (Post 942378)
His car is running like it's on jet fuel. :23:

Mikey tried that last year...and got caught!

Blackpony04 01-28-2008 10:28 PM

I predict Jimmy Johnson will cause a major crash at the Twins and then he'll get caught cheating in the race. NASCAR will then award him the Victory to assure he Three-peats the Championship! :D

G 01-28-2008 11:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blackpony04 (Post 942696)
I predict Jimmy Johnson will cause a major crash at the Twins and then he'll get caught cheating in the race. NASCAR will then award him the Victory to assure he Three-peats the Championship! :D

Sounds like a new Oliver Stone movie. :23:

03mach69mach 01-29-2008 07:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blackpony04 (Post 942696)

I predict that Mark Martin will leave Roush Racing for a Chevrolet Team!!

Hey, wait a minute, what year is this thread?:crazy:

falcongtho3 01-29-2008 07:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 03mach69mach (Post 942804)
I predict that Mark Martin will leave Roush Racing for a Chevrolet Team!!

Oh, like that's gonna happen???...the next thing you'll tell us is that Dale,Jr. is gonna leave DEI, and Joe Gibbs'll be running Toyotas...

Like any of that's got any chance of going down...

03mach69mach 01-29-2008 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by falcongtho3 (Post 942810)
Oh, like that's gonna happen???...the next thing you'll tell us is that Dale,Jr. is gonna leave DEI, and Joe Gibbs'll be running Toyotas...

Like any of that's got any chance of going down...

Don't know if you know, but the Morgan McClure race team (#4) has closed it's doors last month. They lost the Kodak sponsorship that they had for a number of years (Ernie Irvan, Sterling Marlin) and won several Daytona races. Another victim of COT & multicar- big $$ teams.

gvervoren 01-29-2008 04:10 PM

Nope. Didn't know that. I guess I learned something new today.

Blackpony04 01-29-2008 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 03mach69mach (Post 942861)
Don't know if you know, but the Morgan McClure race team (#4) has closed it's doors last month. They lost the Kodak sponsorship that they had for a number of years (Ernie Irvan, Sterling Marlin) and won several Daytona races. Another victim of COT & multicar- big $$ teams.

They lost Kodak a few years ago (after 2003 season I think). Co-sponsor for Penske now.

Sad though, but like you said, single car teams are doomed....

G 01-29-2008 07:55 PM

Sure don't need to see the smaller teams fold. When it's all BIG teams or BIG money --- it will become BIG boring. :anger:

Sounds like MMM has some hope for being at Daytona with Mike Wallace. Best of luck to them. :worship:

http://www.nascar.com/2008/news/busi...own/index.html

G 01-29-2008 08:03 PM

This is a big step towards franchise racing. :butt:

NASCAR needs to split up the big teams, get rid of the top 35 BS, and ditch the stupid freaking chase format. The knuckleheads had a winning formula and have screwed it up trying to get MEGAbig. :butt:

Local racing is more exciting and the competition is tighter in Legends and Thunder roadsters than MoneyCup racing. This might be the last year I can support CUP. :soapbox:

03mach69mach 01-30-2008 07:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by G (Post 943132)
This is a big step towards franchise racing. :butt:

NASCAR needs to split up the big teams, get rid of the top 35 BS, and ditch the stupid freaking chase format. The knuckleheads had a winning formula and have screwed it up trying to get MEGAbig. :butt:

Local racing is more exciting and the competition is tighter in Legends and Thunder roadsters than MoneyCup racing. This might be the last year I can support CUP. :soapbox:

AMEN. Welcome to Nascar 2008!