2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club

2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Registry Discussion (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   NFL Football Thread (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/showthread.php?t=84561)

jcooper0818 11-28-2009 07:54 PM

Re: NFL Football Thread

Quote:

Originally Posted by 65fastback2+2 (Post 1225992)
you can twist it any way you want....last time i checked you play the game to win a superbowl. If my math still works right 5>0

looks to me like your doing the same by talkin about the past superbowls and not whats going on this year..yes i did talk about the game a few years ago...just to remind what will happen THIS YEAR

65fastback2+2 11-28-2009 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jcooper0818 (Post 1226014)
looks to me like your doing the same by talkin about the past superbowls and not whats going on this year..yes i did talk about the game a few years ago...just to remind what will happen THIS YEAR

exactly. which is why im reminding you of zero superbowls....so you'll know what will happen THIS YEAR

acreature 11-28-2009 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jcooper0818 (Post 1225980)
the good thing about our team though is that we have two playoff wins in 8 years with teams with no similarities! yall have....0 wins in the last 13 years cause yall cant do anything without aikmen, emmitt, and irving!

Ive seen plenty-o-strong reg season teams bow to the playoffs and SB in humility.... including the Boys. Credit will be given when due. Right now, not so much... Ive seen the Saints STRONG before during the reg season. Only thing to make this season different wont happen til Jan.

Talking smack will only lend to your hushness later. Nothing wrong with being humble beforehand <hint>. Steelers and Giants fans are consuming that particular flavor of pie right now.

jcooper0818 11-28-2009 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aneurism (Post 1226019)
Ive seen plenty-o-strong reg season teams bow to the playoffs and SB in humility.... including the Boys. Credit will be given when due. Right now, not so much... Ive seen the Saints STRONG before during the reg season. Only thing to make this season different wont happen til Jan.

Talking smack will only lend to your hushness later. Nothing wrong with being humble beforehand <hint>. Steelers and Giants fans are consuming that particular flavor of pie right now.

well put..i am one of the fans who hopes the Saints lose to the Pats on monday..just to put their heads on straight of what to expect in the playoffs...maybe even the Falcons in a few weeks...14-2 and a superbowl is better than a 18-1 patriots record!

Thunderbolt 11-29-2009 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aneurism (Post 1226019)
Steelers and Giants fans are consuming that particular flavor of pie right now.

Not me. I've got my favorite team and I just follow how they do each year. If it's a bad season, so be it. I just laugh at the people who are dumb enough to talk smack before their team has proven anything each year. The Playoffs are more than a month away and the Superbowl is 2 months away. Anything can still happen. :23:

65fastback2+2 11-29-2009 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thunderbolt (Post 1226164)
The Playoffs are more than a month away and the Superbowl is 2 months away. Anything can still happen. :23:

like the cowboys could win their first playoff game haha

acreature 11-29-2009 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 65fastback2+2 (Post 1226171)
like the cowboys could win their first playoff game haha

Woulda... Coulda... Shoulda...

We shall see. I have seen them play down to their opponents too much this year already. They need a good win, not these (should) wins they've been squeaking out.

acreature 11-29-2009 03:20 PM

Quote:

Not me. I've got my favorite team and I just follow how they do each year. If it's a bad season, so be it. I just laugh at the people who are dumb enough to talk smack before their team has proven anything each year. The Playoffs are more than a month away and the Superbowl is 2 months away. Anything can still happen. :23:

Just as all Cowboys fans are stereotyped to know they're going to the SB every year.... I am stereotyping all Giants and Steelers fans. ;)

Thunderbolt 11-30-2009 12:09 AM

That was a great game. I could'nt have asked for anything more out of Dixon. It took Overtime for him to throw an interception, and the Steelers still had chances to win the game.

65fastback2+2 11-30-2009 09:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thunderbolt (Post 1226448)
That was a great game. I could'nt have asked for anything more out of Dixon. It took Overtime for him to throw an interception, and the Steelers still had chances to win the game.

as aneurism said, anyone can replace ben haha.....sadly, polomalu cant be easily replaced

Linumup 11-30-2009 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thunderbolt (Post 1226448)

They really kept him from throwing down field pretty much most of the game . I dont know if its because of his rookie status or you guys were killing us up the middle rushing ? Dont know what was up with the front line . Our secondary totally sux . Thats the easiest place to beat us ! As for Flacco , what i see is that he still hasnt grasped the art of getting rid of the ball or moving out of the pocket . If you were to blame someone for that possible loss and the colt loss , its really starting to show .

I was there last night 40 yd line 7 rows off the field . Im not impressed by either team . No wonder we both suck !

Thunderbolt 11-30-2009 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 65fastback2+2 (Post 1226490)
as aneurism said, anyone can replace ben

I'd say a 51-20 regular season record, and 8-2 post season record is very good, especially when 51-20 is the best record in league history for a 5 year starting quarterback.

acreature 11-30-2009 01:41 PM

Two words, Brett Favre.

Old and Badass :worship:

02mach1 11-30-2009 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thunderbolt (Post 1226572)
I'd say a 51-20 regular season record, and 8-2 post season record is very good, especially when 51-20 is the best record in league history for a 5 year starting quarterack.

Will Ben is coming back next week and Troy is coming back in 2 weeks:33:

65fastback2+2 11-30-2009 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aneurism (Post 1226574)
Two words, Brett Favre.

Old and Badass :worship:

word

Quote:

Originally Posted by 02mach1 (Post 1226575)
Will Ben is coming back next week and Troy is coming back in 2 weeks:33:

so they can lose to who???? hehe

TorchMach1 11-30-2009 05:40 PM

Quote:

You seem to be one of the Steelers fans that is easier to get along with. Being a Bengals fan, I detest the Steelers, and most of their obnoxious fans, but you have been decent this whole time. Your words couldn't be more true! I'm still waiting for the wheels to fall off for the Bengals. IF they make it to the playoffs, I'm smelling a "one 'n' out". These last few weeks they have looked like crap...certainly not a playoff contender. I wish you luck with the rest of your season!

acreature 11-30-2009 05:50 PM

I simply love a good game, and want to see a battle. Unless the Boys are playing, I almost always pull for the underdog... except the Eagles - They deserve no team for the way they treat theirs when they lose. No support there at all in the tough times.

Detroit - I hate that city, but they are loyal to them Lions.

francismaximus 11-30-2009 05:56 PM

I just can't wait to see the Pats crush the Saints and shut the sports talking heads up once and for all. Buffalo held the Saints to little points, the Pats can do it too, and score big. The Titans, watch out for them, they can beat the Colts. And my Cowboys, ahh I ain't got nothing to say about the "soap opera" in Big D. Until Jerry Jones is gone they ain't ever gonna win a super bowl. Well maybe if he buys one.

65fastback2+2 11-30-2009 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thunderbolt (Post 1226572)
I'd say a 51-20 regular season record, and 8-2 post season record is very good, especially when 51-20 is the best record in league history for a 5 year starting quarterback.

btw, whats ben's career QB rating?

Quote:

Originally Posted by francismaximus (Post 1226652)
I just can't wait to see the Pats crush the Saints and shut the sports talking heads up once and for all. Buffalo held the Saints to little points, the Pats can do it too, and score big. The Titans, watch out for them, they can beat the Colts. And my Cowboys, ahh I ain't got nothing to say about the "soap opera" in Big D. Until Jerry Jones is gone they ain't ever gonna win a super bowl. Well maybe if he buys one.

pats arent gonna crush no one...saints are awesome

titans swapped QB's too late, imo

And Jerry won 3 superbowls already....so I dont know how "until jerry is gone they aint ever gonna win a superbowl" could be true. Also, imo, you cant "buy" a superbowl....they have salary caps. this isnt the MLB

acreature 11-30-2009 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by francismaximus (Post 1226652)
And my Cowboys, ahh I ain't got nothing to say about the "soap opera" in Big D. Until Jerry Jones is gone they ain't ever gonna win a super bowl. Well maybe if he buys one.

JJ doesnt need to "go away"... he just needs to be an owner, and nothing else. He needs a GM ( and NOT him).

francismaximus 11-30-2009 06:46 PM

pats arent gonna crush no one...saints are awesome

titans swapped QB's too late, imo

And Jerry won 3 superbowls already....so I dont know how "until jerry is gone they aint ever gonna win a superbowl" could be true. Also, imo, you cant "buy" a superbowl....they have salary caps. this isnt the MLB[/QUOTE]

Coach Johnson won those super bowls (2) Switzer had a TON of talent and just made it. Jerry jones is turning into an Al Davis. Ok your right another super bowl I meant.

I'll be here later to feed you your pie after Pats win. LOL
Titans your point is valid but remember those first 2 games, they we knock down brawls that could of gone either way. After they lost six well ANY change could of helped. I remember Collins from his days with the Gints, and well he aint exactly "mr dependable". So I agree on that one.

I'll see ya for the Pats victory for sure.

francismaximus 11-30-2009 06:48 PM

Also, imo, you cant "buy" a superbowl....they have salary caps. this isnt the MLB
I know it was a joke. Only Steinbrenner can buy a World Series.
But give Jerry time he may prove you wrong. LOL

Firebreed05 11-30-2009 07:25 PM

I think the Pats will give the Saints all they can handle. But sorry, they won't be "crushing" NO tonight, unless you call them winning to be "crushing". I see a close game that will end that way.....whoever wins.

acreature 11-30-2009 07:27 PM

I want a tie to crush ego on both sides. But, deep down, I would rather have Belichek throw his "short answer, monotone voice" tantrum at the press conference after a loss.

65fastback2+2 11-30-2009 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mach nism (Post 1226708)
I want a tie to crush ego on both sides. But, deep down, I would rather have Belichek throw his "short answer, monotone voice" tantrum at the press conference after a loss.

LOLZ

[monotone, mumbling voice]
we went out there, made some plays, not enough. coulda done better. you hope you did whats right. focus on next week
[/monotone mumbling voice]