2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club

2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Registry Discussion (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   NFL Football Thread (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/showthread.php?t=84561)

JRKANOT 11-17-2009 10:18 PM

Re: NFL Football Thread

Quote:

Originally Posted by 65fastback2+2 (Post 1222119)
we always look like crap for a game or so

anyhow, how are we runnin outta DB's???

I don't want to sound like a smartass here.. so I will just politely ask... are you a member or employee of the Cowboy team or the Cowboy organization?

I have a strong following with both local football teams but would never pretend to associate myself (refering to myself as "We") with either team as I have never played or worked for either team in any capacity. I just like to follow their play.

Just curious.

65fastback2+2 11-17-2009 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JRKANOT (Post 1222607)
I don't want to sound like a smartass here.. so I will just politely ask... are you a member or employee of the Cowboy team or the Cowboy organization?

I have a strong following with both local football teams but would never pretend to associate myself (refering to myself as "We") with either team as I have never played or worked for either team in any capacity. I just like to follow their play.

Just curious.

its a Texan thing, you'll have to ignore it. Football is huge in texas and teams followers consider the team to be "theirs" (which is accurate when you realize tax dollars pay parts of the stadiums).

kiler be 11-18-2009 08:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aneurism (Post 1222387)
I'm not arguing with you there. They seem to split games each year more than sweep each other.

Yeah it seems like the team playing baddly going in to those games wins so....should be a easy win for the Redskins.....:23:

acreature 11-18-2009 08:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kiler be (Post 1222677)
Yeah it seems like the team playing baddly going in to those games wins so....should be a easy win for the Redskins.....:23:

Kinda like the Cowboy's 1989 1-15 season? LMAO

I was able to give the wife (Skins fan) shite for a good long time :23:

02mach1 11-22-2009 11:51 AM

This looks like bad day for the saints, it could be there 1st lost of the year.

acreature 11-22-2009 02:41 PM

I'm having flashbacks of last weeks Cowboys game. Boy, they look like arse!

65fastback2+2 11-22-2009 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aneurism (Post 1223982)
I'm having flashbacks of last weeks Cowboys game. Boy, they look like arse!

i dont get how we alternate the "different teams" every 3 or so games. if you watch, its nearly a perfect 3-4 game cycle of playing terrible then playing awesome

acreature 11-22-2009 04:08 PM

They won, but still looked like shite.

JRKANOT 11-22-2009 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 02mach1 (Post 1223939)
This looks like bad day for the saints, it could be there 1st lost of the year.

Yeah, they looked terrible.:confused: You:crazy:

65fastback2+2 11-22-2009 04:19 PM

the cowboys almost lost to KC

but the steelers DID LOSE to KC

ROFL @ steelers fans

65fastback2+2 11-22-2009 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aneurism (Post 1224026)
They won, but still looked like shite.

luckily our losing stint is coming while we're playing a bunch of losers. oakland is next lol

Thunderbolt 11-22-2009 04:24 PM

:surprise: Absolutely pathetic.

65fastback2+2 11-22-2009 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 65fastback2+2 (Post 1224028)

ROFL @ steelers fans

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thunderbolt (Post 1224030)

there. those quotes look better back-to-back

TorchMach1 11-22-2009 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thunderbolt (Post 1224030)

Throw my Bengals in with that statement! For the love of God, why can't they shake the Bungling! :anger:

Berzerk 11-22-2009 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 65fastback2+2 (Post 1224028)

ROFL @ steelers fans

Quote:

Originally Posted by 65fastback2+2 (Post 1224029)
luckily our losing stint is coming while we're playing a bunch of losers. oakland is next lol

Dude, the Cowboys squeeked 2 games outta their arses, both against horrible teams. I wouldn't be talking trash on anyone elses teams with yours playing the way it is, especially since they're "playoff contenders".
Laugh it up about the Raiders, yeah they suck. Well guess what, they beat the Bengals today. Cowboys better not write off the Raiders on Thanksgiving... if they do they could be walking away with a loss.

Quote:

Originally Posted by TorchMach1 (Post 1224120)
Throw my Bengals in with that statement! For the love of God, why can't they shake the Bungling! :anger:

It was a pretty d@mn entertaining game to watch, way better than the Cowboys snore-fest! They Bengals are 5-0 in their division, they are FAR from Bungling. Bengals & Saints were my bandwagon teams this year.

Thunderbolt 11-22-2009 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TorchMach1 (Post 1224120)

I have to admit, I completely overlooked the Quiefs. I only caught the short Overtime coverage of the Steeler game, then caught the last minute of the Bengals demise. Does'nt hurt the Bengals that much. Their playing for a first round bye now. The Steelers are fighting for a Wildcard spot.

65fastback2+2 11-22-2009 11:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Berzerk (Post 1224159)
Dude, the Cowboys squeeked 2 games outta their arses, both against horrible teams. I wouldn't be talking trash on anyone elses teams with yours playing the way it is, especially since they're "playoff contenders".
Laugh it up about the Raiders, yeah they suck. Well guess what, they beat the Bengals today. Cowboys better not write off the Raiders on Thanksgiving... if they do they could be walking away with a loss.

uhhh....we're not the defending superbowl champs trying to just make the wild card

i could tell by this post you're a raiders fan....didnt even need the avatar

Berzerk 11-22-2009 11:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 65fastback2+2 (Post 1224176)
uhhh....we're not the defending superbowl champs trying to just make the wild card

i could tell by this post you're a raiders fan....didnt even need the avatar

I never said you were the defending superbowl champs. I just said the way the Cowboys have been playing lately doesn't give you a lot of room to talk trash on other teams, such as the defending superbowl champs.

I figured it was time to change my Phillies avatar since Baseball was over. Win or lose, I'm always loyal to my 2 favorite teams- Raiders & Phillies.

The Cowboys are going to have to play a lot better on Thanksgiving to win than they did today.

kiler be 11-23-2009 10:24 AM

The Cowgirls arn't going any where. The wheels are falling of the wagon already, its only Nov. BIG choke starts in Dec. most years.
The Redskins gave them that game by missing the FG and giving them a short feild. Plus not staying with thw Defence that the Girls had NO answer for.
:smack: Same ol DUMBSKINS , giving away a win. They seem to enjoy doing it cause they've done it all year.

TorchMach1 11-23-2009 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thunderbolt (Post 1224161)
I have to admit, I completely overlooked the Quiefs. I only caught the short Overtime coverage of the Steeler game, then caught the last minute of the Bengals demise. Does'nt hurt the Bengals that much. Their playing for a first round bye now. The Steelers are fighting for a Wildcard spot.

All I know is there is a LOT of football left. I hate to be another negative Bengals fan, but good teams just don't play like they did against the Raiders.

65fastback2+2 11-23-2009 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kiler be (Post 1224238)
The Cowgirls arn't going any where. The wheels are falling of the wagon already, its only Nov. BIG choke starts in Dec. most years.
The Redskins gave them that game by missing the FG and giving them a short feild. Plus not staying with thw Defence that the Girls had NO answer for.
:smack: Same ol DUMBSKINS , giving away a win. They seem to enjoy doing it cause they've done it all year.

lolz.

people were saying the wheels fell off the first 3 games of the season

they're 7-3 and #1 in the NFCE.

I dont know if youve paid attention, but MOST teams have had a game or two to grind out....even the colts (texans? come on) and saints (miami shouldnt have been close). It happens, its football and thats why you play the game

kiler be 11-24-2009 12:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 65fastback2+2 (Post 1224482)
lolz.

people were saying the wheels fell off the first 3 games of the season

they're 7-3 and #1 in the NFCE.

I dont know if youve paid attention, but MOST teams have had a game or two to grind out....even the colts (texans? come on) and saints (miami shouldnt have been close). It happens, its football and thats why you play the game

O, I pay attention. I know that if the Redskins would have played the same Def. that they shut the Cowboys down with all day, the Boyz would not have scored.
Like I said , the Skins gave another game away. You should be proud of a 1 point win, at home vs one of the worst teams in the NFL.
I've payed attention to the Boyz doing the same thing every Dec., but good luck, the Boyz look awsome.....:23:
:smack: Maybe you should pay attention. Take off the blinders, there for the horses......:23:

acreature 11-24-2009 01:30 PM

I like how some people can ONLY dig on other teams. :THUMBSUP:

:concerned

gbranton 11-24-2009 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aneurism (Post 1224693)
I like how some people can ONLY dig on other teams.

Not me. My team sucks.

acreature 11-24-2009 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gbranton (Post 1224695)
Not me. My team sucks.

:worship:

I have no problem saying the last two weeks of my fav have not been my favorite games... and they sucked. :23: