2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club

2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Registry Discussion (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   NFL Football Thread (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/showthread.php?t=84561)

65fastback2+2 11-16-2009 12:28 AM

Re: NFL Football Thread

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aneurism (Post 1221956)
Its all a "wait" until Garrett is ready. But we will need a Def Coach when that happens.

garrett is half the problem most of the time. his play calling is....predictable too often

acreature 11-16-2009 12:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 65fastback2+2 (Post 1221966)
this sentence doesnt computer...."best qb of all time"...so you're a miami fan? but wait, they didnt win a superbowl....hmmm

Dont you remember?.... numbers mean nothing without that ring. Regardless of any "Team" deficiencies, the QB aint shite if he aint got that "bling"

/sarcasm

acreature 11-16-2009 12:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 65fastback2+2 (Post 1221967)
garrett is half the problem most of the time. his play calling is....predictable too often

He's a QB... of course he wants to sling. As long as he supports himself with good Assts and doesn't grow a JJ ego, he'll be a very good Head Coach.

65fastback2+2 11-16-2009 12:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aneurism (Post 1221968)
Dont you remember?.... numbers mean nothing without that ring. Regardless of any "Team" deficiencies, the QB aint shite if he aint got that "blig"

/sarcasm

i know i know

i dont buy into that junk though

same with currently, romo is a top 10 QB....Brees is the best in the NFL but both get crapped on cuz they dont have a ring, ugh

Fenixfire 11-16-2009 12:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 65fastback2+2 (Post 1221972)
i know i know

same with currently, romo is a top 10 QB....Brees is the best in the NFL but both get crapped on cuz they dont have a ring, ugh

Its not because he has a ring(or multiple rings actually). Its because he was just plain good.

acreature 11-16-2009 12:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 65fastback2+2 (Post 1221972)
i know i know

That's the fault with bandwagon fans... they can't believe a single player is HOF material even with a suck team.

acreature 11-16-2009 12:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fenixfire (Post 1221974)
Its not because he has a ring(or multiple rings actually). Its because he was just plain good.

No one is doubting (Montana) he was good... he was GREAT.... but he wasn't the TEAM. He didn't get KC a ring did he? Cuz the TEAM was lacking.

65fastback2+2 11-16-2009 12:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aneurism (Post 1221977)
No one is doubting (Montana) he was good... he was GREAT.... but he wasn't the TEAM. He didn't get KC a ring did he? Cuz the TEAM was lacking.

Jerry Rice definitely helped too

that was the greatest thing about marino...he never had a decent receiver and was still awesome

Fenixfire 11-16-2009 12:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aneurism (Post 1221977)

That was also at the end of his career well past his prime. He is still one of the greatest quarterbacks of all time. Sure he had some great weapons to go to, but that doesnt matter if you cant throw a football. He could thread a football through a needle with precision accuracy.

acreature 11-16-2009 12:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fenixfire (Post 1221981)
That was also at the end of his career well past his prime. He is still one of the greatest quarterbacks of all time. Sure he had some great weapons to go to, but that doesnt matter if you cant throw a football. He could thread a football through a needle with precision accuracy.

Its all out the window if the person you throw it to can't catch it. There goes those rings. ;)

Fenixfire 11-16-2009 12:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aneurism (Post 1221983)
Its all out the window if the person you throw it to can't catch it. There goes those rings. ;)

Im not saying he is a one man team. There is no such thing as a one man team in football. In other sports its easier, such as basketball because there are fewer players to worry about. Jordan and Gretzky being excellent examples of that. They were one man teams.

In football, too many people touch the ball and too many people need to do their job at least decently for a team to have a chance at succeeding. Can one man make a difference though? Absolutely.

acreature 11-16-2009 12:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fenixfire (Post 1221985)
In football, too many people touch the ball and too many people need to do their job at least decently for a team to have a chance at succeeding. Can one man make a difference though? Absolutely.

#22 with the Boys of the 90s.

Young did a **** fine job when the 49ers screwed Montana.

Fenixfire 11-16-2009 02:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aneurism (Post 1221986)
#22 with the Boys of the 90s.

Young did a **** fine job when the 49ers screwed Montana.

He most certainly did. Its ashame he had to leave the league early being plagued with so many injuries.

kiler be 11-16-2009 08:33 AM

:eyes: Cowgirls :eyes: 2 1/2 pages of :eyes: ....:23:
You guys can be proud of the Cowgirls next week, they play my Redskins....:23: God help you guys if you lose that game......lol

65fastback2+2 11-16-2009 08:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fenixfire (Post 1221985)
Im not saying he is a one man team. There is no such thing as a one man team in football. In other sports its easier, such as basketball because there are fewer players to worry about. Jordan and Gretzky being excellent examples of that. They were one man teams.

Jordan didnt have Dennis Rodman or Scottie Pippen or anything like that at all.

65fastback2+2 11-16-2009 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kiler be (Post 1222023)
:eyes: Cowgirls :eyes: 2 1/2 pages of :eyes: ....:23:
You guys can be proud of the Cowgirls next week, they play my Redskins....:23: God help you guys if you lose that game......lol

LOLz....not really worried about that game

Thunderbolt 11-16-2009 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 65fastback2+2 (Post 1221980)
that was the greatest thing about marino...he never had a decent receiver and was still awesome

He had Clayton and Duper for years. They were great receivers. They had the killer B's defense for afew years. That was all back in the mid-late 80's though. They just could'nt put it all together in the big games.

Fenixfire 11-16-2009 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 65fastback2+2 (Post 1222026)
Jordan didnt have Dennis Rodman or Scottie Pippen or anything like that at all.

:23: That doesnt matter. Jordan was a leader and physically the best player on the court. Read some of the interviews of all time greats that played against him such as Larry Bird and Magic Johnson when they talk about Jordan. You will understand then.

kiler be 11-16-2009 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 65fastback2+2 (Post 1222029)
LOLz....not really worried about that game

:smack: You should.The Boyz looked like crap and the Skins played their best game in over a year. Plus the Boyz are runnin out of DB'S

65fastback2+2 11-16-2009 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kiler be (Post 1222085)
:smack: You should.The Boyz looked like crap and the Skins played their best game in over a year. Plus the Boyz are runnin out of DB'S

we always look like crap for a game or so

anyhow, how are we runnin outta DB's???

04azuremach 11-17-2009 01:07 AM

I'm a bandwagon fan. Back when I was 4 years old watching Montana I became a niners fan LOL. Is it still considered bandwagon if you've stuck with them for 26 years?

kiler be 11-17-2009 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 65fastback2+2 (Post 1222119)
we always look like crap for a game or so

anyhow, how are we runnin outta DB's???

I know you watched the game, so how many of them got hurt. They were playing a 3rd string ( rookie ) corner at the end of the game. Thats what the guys calling the game said. Thats where I got that from, I could be wrong.

Any way they better play better, or my lowwly REDSKINS MIGHT beat them.
That would be a shame......:23:

65fastback2+2 11-17-2009 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kiler be (Post 1222346)
I know you watched the game, so how many of them got hurt. They were playing a 3rd string ( rookie ) corner at the end of the game. Thats what the guys calling the game said. Thats where I got that from, I could be wrong.

temporarily hurt....like scandrick bruised his forearm twice...so he sat out some but came back in

only hamlin left the game and hes been out the last 3-4 games anyhow

kiler be 11-17-2009 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 65fastback2+2 (Post 1222350)
temporarily hurt....like scandrick bruised his forearm twice...so he sat out some but came back in

only hamlin left the game and hes been out the last 3-4 games anyhow

OK......Good luck on Sunday.

acreature 11-17-2009 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kiler be (Post 1222346)

I'm not arguing with you there. They seem to split games each year more than sweep each other.