2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club

2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/index.php)
-   Power Adders (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=76)
-   -   Official Whipple/KB/Eaton HP/TQ/mods thread: (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/showthread.php?t=78452)

32VALVR 11-30-2009 08:55 PM

Re: Official Whipple/KB/Eaton HP/TQ/mods thread:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scott McClure (Post 1226736)
I run the Mishimoto radiator and my car never goes above 180-185 but honestly your stock one should be sufficient. As far as the fan you can have it come on at different times or different speeds via a tune. Did you get a custom tune or are you using the chip from KB?

I'm currently running K/Bs tune. Don't really want to void their warranty. I would do the Mishimoto 3 core in a heartbeat if I was sure it would help the fan work less. I asked K/B about the Rad. they didn't think it would do much. But then again you really can't tell those K/B guys anything.

Linumup 11-30-2009 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scott McClure (Post 1226748)
Hey Procharger boy please stay out of the "REAL" power adder forum!:smack: :claus:

"REAL" power adder forum ! :crazy: :crazy:

ASH302 12-29-2009 08:47 AM

to me procharger, eaton, whipple, KB are all good power adders, the procharger guys have there own thread but they still are good s/c. no more fighting, we are all mach 1 brothers remember that.

Fenixfire 02-16-2010 09:38 AM

Hey guys. I was wondering what kind of pulley setup I could use on a ported eaton and ported heads to pick up some boost. I was at 9 psi with just a 2.76 upper before ported eaton and ported heads. Is it possible to hit 14-15 psi on this blower without over working it?

TXDSGMACH 02-23-2010 02:42 PM

Great Thread.

I was looking into the kb 2.1L on their site and was wondering if anything would still be needed to run this.

My car has 55k miles and only mods are flowmasters, o/r h and jlt rai.

Please let me know your guys suggestions. I really need it.

Thanks again.

32VALVR 02-23-2010 02:56 PM

I've had my 2.1 kit for 5000 miles problem free.

TXDSGMACH 02-23-2010 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 32VALVR (Post 1250814)
I've had my 2.1 kit for 5000 miles problem free.

How many total miles on your car?

DSPTurtle 02-23-2010 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TXDSGMACH (Post 1250810)
Great Thread.

I was looking into the kb 2.1L on their site and was wondering if anything would still be needed to run this.

Not sure what you mean by this. If you are asking if everything comes with the kit, then yes. Everything you need comes with the kit except for spark plugs and antifreeze.

32VALVR 02-23-2010 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TXDSGMACH (Post 1250817)
How many total miles on your car?

46K give or take.

TXDSGMACH 02-23-2010 03:38 PM

So the antifreeze and plugs and pretty much it.
Do the think i will be alright with 5 or 9psi given the little mods that I have?
I dont at all beat on my car.

32VALVR 02-23-2010 03:45 PM

I wouldn't recomend the non intercooled 5psi kit. These blowers produce heat and 5lbs will just tease you.

machgsxr 02-23-2010 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 32VALVR (Post 1250828)
I wouldn't recomend the non intercooled 5psi kit. These blowers produce heat and 5lbs will just tease you.

:23: Running 5#'s of boost is like a girl telling you, you can only stick the head in and thats it.

Scott McClure 02-23-2010 04:27 PM

I would consider a dyno tune and not the Kenne Bell supplied chip.

TRMach1 02-23-2010 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 32VALVR (Post 1250828)

I tend to agree with this. The 9psi intercooled kit is the best option on a stock motor.
Quote:

Originally Posted by machgsxr
Running 5#'s of boost is like a girl telling you, you can only stick the head in and thats it.

:23: OMFG, I almost fell out of my chair when I read that!! :23:
Quote:

Originally Posted by Scott McClure
I would consider a dyno tune and not the Kenne Bell supplied chip.

Definitely agree with that! :worship:

vtecDIS 02-23-2010 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by machgsxr (Post 1250838)
:23: Running 5#'s of boost is like a girl telling you, you can only stick the head in and thats it.

shiiiet, thats what i used to tell girls to start out!! "come on girl, just the head".. im sure u know what happens next LOL

in other words, 9# or nothing!!

TXDSGMACH 02-23-2010 08:29 PM

Quote:

:23: Very well put...

9 it is.

Mister L 03-17-2010 12:20 PM

anyone else running stage 3 cams with their blower (Whipple)? Mine seems to run pig rich at idle and my tailpipe tips are always turning black. The exhuast fumes are heinous especially when sitting in line at a fast food stop. It sounds good but I'm sure the folks behind me are cursing me!

It starts easy and runs strong but it seems to surge or pulse at idle. My idle is at 850. I am running Bosch 02 sensors and I've heard that the factory Ford ones are better and heat up faster. I don't have any SE Codes but have thought about a retune just for idle thinking the short term fuel tables need tweaked. Any comments?

Mister L 03-17-2010 12:22 PM

Quote:

That's Funny!!!!

Scott McClure 03-17-2010 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mister L (Post 1257882)
anyone else running stage 3 cams with their blower (Whipple)? Mine seems to run pig rich at idle and my tailpipe tips are always turning black. The exhuast fumes are heinous especially when sitting in line at a fast food stop. It sounds good but I'm sure the folks behind me are cursing me!

It starts easy and runs strong but it seems to surge or pulse at idle. My idle is at 850. I am running Bosch 02 sensors and I've heard that the factory Ford ones are better and heat up faster. I don't have any SE Codes but have thought about a retune just for idle thinking the short term fuel tables need tweaked. Any comments?

It's all in the tune Marty.

Mister L 03-18-2010 12:06 PM

Thanks Scott! I'll get one scheduled.

Scott McClure 03-18-2010 04:38 PM

Good luck and let us know how you make out Marty.

DarkMach1 03-23-2010 07:31 PM

Stock Bottom End: Yes

PD Unit: Eaton M-112

Pulley Size: Stock 3.65, 8psi

Fuel System: 39# Injectors Cobra Tank and Pumps

Tuner: SCT X3 tuned by Meister from Torq

Other Mods: O/R prochamber, SSS catback, K&N filter

Power: 424rwhp/381rwtq w/ 14* of timing on a Mustang dynamometer

jganow 04-02-2010 05:08 PM

After all these years, I'm finally doing a KB 2.1. I plan on running the intercooled kit and keep it around 8lbs.

I've talked with Kenne Bell and the place that is going to do the install and they say my car completely stock will handle the power just fine. Do you guys see any problems? Tranny, rearend, etc? Do you guys recommend anything beyond just the kit?

I don't ever take the car to the track. I'm just doing it because I think it would be cool and I want to have more power than the new v6s!

DarkMach1 04-04-2010 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jganow (Post 1264740)
After all these years, I'm finally doing a KB 2.1. I plan on running the intercooled kit and keep it around 8lbs.

I've talked with Kenne Bell and the place that is going to do the install and they say my car completely stock will handle the power just fine. Do you guys see any problems? Tranny, rearend, etc? Do you guys recommend anything beyond just the kit?

I don't ever take the car to the track. I'm just doing it because I think it would be cool and I want to have more power than the new v6s!

Only if you got the money to build a motor if your stock went, or if this isn't your daily driver.

ASH302 04-04-2010 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jganow (Post 1264740)

man if your just running the 8psi you should be fine, but you prob want to upgrade your fuel system atleast, i don't know if the KB kits come with it

fuel injectors
MAF
fuel pump
tuner

atleast that stuff, also happy are getting one, also you will be fine but getting your rear end build would help, but will be fine running stock set up. you don't have to but a good ideal for the future when you get extra money