2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club

2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Registry Discussion (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   NASCAR thread (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/showthread.php?t=55315)

falcongtho3 09-30-2007 09:33 PM

Re: NASCAR thread

I love NASCAR coming right out and making sure everyone knew Biffle was the winner.
Translation: Shut up you whinning little wusses, and let the man enjoy the win. It's not all about the rest of you tonight!
:borg:

G 09-30-2007 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by falcongtho3 (Post 866490)
I love NASCAR coming right out and making sure everyone knew Biffle was the winner.
Translation: Shut up you whinning little wusses, and let the man enjoy the win. It's not all about the rest of you tonight!

HaHa, Clint said both JJ and JG told him he really won. :23:

I had to go read the rule book myself, NASCAR actually got this one right too. :soapbox:

Azure Blurr 09-30-2007 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by G (Post 866508)
HaHa, Clint said both JJ and JG told him he really won. :23:

I had to go read the rule book myself, NASCAR actually got this one right too. :soapbox:

Don't they always?!? :rolleyses

machths 09-30-2007 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Azure Blurr (Post 866521)
Don't they always?!? :rolleyses

No, because when they don't, they re-write the rules.:MADNOEL:

weaver 10-01-2007 08:50 AM

I missed the race but did catch all the news on it and must say it sounded like a bunch of babies were out on the track that day. Especially the Hendrick boys. What a bunch of ---'s! Stewart was hit harder by the #2 car than Kyle busch was hit by the #8 car. Of course the news had to go on about Jr's "stupid move" since he's not "in the chase". At least Jr was a gentleman about it and admitted he screwed up. Johnson whining about how many points he needed when Biffle actually won? F-- Johnson! NASCAR might as well make a race ONLY for the chase contenders since they think they are the only ones with anything to gain. What a mess!

birdman941 10-01-2007 09:43 AM

ASSCAR could shut the winers up by fining them and making them finish in the back.
After all, Hendrick whiners, you are not allowed to pass under caution.

gvervoren 10-01-2007 06:03 PM

I could have sworn that you had to maintain pace speed behind the pace car to finish in your current position even if the field was locked. That is what they have done in the past at least when a caution came out. If that is the case, then Clint Bowyer should have won. Another point is, why was Stewart and his team so concerned about running out of fuel when the rain came? The caution already flew and the field was locked. He wouldn't have won if HE ran out of fuel. I don't know, maybe they do it different for the end of the race. IMHO, the Hendricks boys and Clint Bowyer had a legitimate "concern" about the result. People are just making a big deal out of it because Jimmy and Jeff were two of the people complaining. (No I am not being bias cause I am not a diehard Hendricks fan) This is just my $0.02

G 10-02-2007 02:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gvervoren (Post 866856)
I could have sworn that you had to maintain pace speed behind the pace car to finish in your current position even if the field was locked. That is what they have done in the past at least when a caution came out. If that is the case, then Clint Bowyer should have won. Another point is, why was Stewart and his team so concerned about running out of fuel when the rain came? The caution already flew and the field was locked. He wouldn't have won if HE ran out of fuel. I don't know, maybe they do it different for the end of the race. IMHO, the Hendricks boys and Clint Bowyer had a legitimate "concern" about the result. People are just making a big deal out of it because Jimmy and Jeff were two of the people complaining. (No I am not being bias cause I am not a diehard Hendricks fan) This is just my $0.02

The rule book does not mention the pace car or finishing with fuel on the last lap. It calls for reasonable speed and having no assistance to cross the finish line. The other issue is the car was not out of fuel. To remove all doubt they should have let him drive it to victory lane. :eyebrows:

gvervoren 10-07-2007 08:41 AM

I can't believe how good the Toyotas did on qualifying! Not to mention that Michael Waltrip is sitting on the pole! We'll have to see how they are going to do in race conditions though. Of course this is Talledega so anyone can really win.

G 10-07-2007 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gvervoren (Post 870579)
I can't believe how good the Toyotas did on qualifying! Not to mention that Michael Waltrip is sitting on the pole! We'll have to see how they are going to do in race conditions though. Of course this is Talledega so anyone can really win.

I wish they would put me in a fast car out there. :eyebrows:

Seriously there is a lot of discussion about the experience level of some in the field and the setup of the top qualifing cars. They better have a plan for getting into race trim. :yeh:

Big Ron 10-07-2007 07:46 PM

Bad news...............the 24 car won!:loser:

Big Ron

falcongtho3 10-07-2007 07:47 PM

Did anyone else find this race...well, dull? Other than the crashes at the end, it just seemed like watchign a train. I really didn't understand the Ford group running in the third pack for the first half of the race. This is going to get weirder before it gets better...

Azure Blurr 10-07-2007 08:01 PM

COT! :OUCH:
They are going to keep these boys within 3/10 of one another, this is what big track racing has become :blah:

weaver 10-07-2007 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by falcongtho3 (Post 870746)
Did anyone else find this race...well, dull? Other than the crashes at the end, it just seemed like watchign a train. I really didn't understand the Ford group running in the third pack for the first half of the race. This is going to get weirder before it gets better...

That's Talladega for ya. If you're not there and half drunk it's boring.

ylopony 10-07-2007 10:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big Ron (Post 870745)
Bad news...............the 24 car won!:loser:

Big Ron

wrong

Good News................................. The 24 car won.:gears:

Azure Blurr 10-07-2007 10:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ylopony (Post 870825)
wrong

Been waiting for you to come gloat! :tongue:

G 10-07-2007 10:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ylopony (Post 870825)
wrong

So, how you think the inspection is going??????? :eyebrows:

Mark04Mach1 10-07-2007 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by birdman941 (Post 866676)
ASSCAR could shut the winers up by fining them and making them finish in the back.
After all, Hendrick whiners, you are not allowed to pass under caution.

hahaa

03mach69mach 10-08-2007 07:41 AM

Well, got my invoice for my four tickets to Bristol Motor Speedway for 2008 races in March & August. $1,400.00 due by November 14. After having these seats for 10 years and seeing some really GREAT races & drivers, I have decided that the new & improved version of NASCAR can go without my $$. If you have your name on the list at Bristol, you might be lucky enough to get own these tickets. Enjoy the ho-hum, plain vanilla racing with COT & the cookie cutter drivers.

G 10-08-2007 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mach1Marauder (Post 870949)
HOLY CRAP!!!! THAT'S A LOT OF MOD MONEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:surprise: :surprise: :surprise:

NASCAR ticket prices are OOFC. :mad:

Local tracks are still not to bad. :CHEERS:

Thunderbolt 10-08-2007 03:58 PM

I was in the infield at Kansas Speedway for 4 days in an RV. Total cost for me was $150 for EVERYTHING. That's food, gas, alcohol, and anything else. You can see a race for dirt cheap if you know the right people. All the races I saw before I never saw for cheaper than $400-$500 for all costs. I've got the opportunity to go to Talladega next spring for $250 total. The tickets he has for this race are literally the best infield tickets in the entire track. People would kill for these tickets.

G 10-08-2007 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thunderbolt (Post 871137)
I was in the infield at Kansas Speedway for 4 days in an RV. Total cost for me was $150 for EVERYTHING. That's food, gas, alcohol, and anything else. You can see a race for dirt cheap if you know the right people. All the races I saw before I never saw for cheaper than $400-$500 for all costs. I've got the opportunity to go to Talladega next spring for $250 total. The tickets he has for this race are literally the best infield tickets in the entire track. People would kill for these tickets.

That's my point, you shouldn't have to know the right people, most of my friends are not the "right" people.

I'll stick with the TV and local tracks, Cup is kind of boring anyways recently. :23:

Thunderbolt 10-08-2007 06:13 PM

I'll go to any Nascar race no matter what the price. They are never boring in person, and if you camp in or outside the track, it DEFINITELY aint boring.

02mach1 10-08-2007 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thunderbolt (Post 871229)
I'll go to any Nascar race no matter what the price. They are never boring in person, and if you camp in or outside the track, it DEFINITELY aint boring.

You got that right I'll be at Lowes Speedway this weekend Watching the race with my friends Mark knows who:yeh: