2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club

2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Registry Discussion (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   NASCAR thread (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/showthread.php?t=55315)

Azure Blurr 08-12-2007 06:03 PM

Re: NASCAR thread

Kinda sucks for yloponies boy! He was pretty pissed with himself in the after race interviews. Not to often you see him in such a hurry to get off camera! :wings:

G 08-12-2007 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Azure Blurr (Post 839569)
Kinda sucks for yloponies boy! He was pretty pissed with himself in the after race interviews. Not to often you see him in such a hurry to get off camera! :wings:

Actually you just don't see him screw up very often. Now seeing Carl Edwards overdrive the heck out of turn, that was not a surprise.
:o

gvervoren 08-12-2007 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by G (Post 839574)
Actually you just don't see him screw up very often. Now seeing Carl Edwards overdrive the heck out of turn, that was not a surprise.
:o

With the speed he was carrying, I thought he would have smacked the wall after going through the gravel. I don't know what he was thinking getting into the corner THAT fast.

G 08-12-2007 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gvervoren (Post 839580)
With the speed he was carrying, I thought he would have smacked the wall after going through the gravel. I don't know what he was thinking getting into the corner THAT fast.

I saw my son do the same thing racing Karts. He was right in front of me and hit the wall so hard his helmet came off. :eek:

Stewart must still be in shock, what a gift. :o

ylopony 08-12-2007 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Azure Blurr (Post 839569)

I was pissed:grr:

He don't do that often and even the God of Nascar(according to many on this site) Dale Sr. have had their moments like this.

However, it would have been much easier to handle if he would have lost to Jr.,Edwards, Burtin, Martin. Anyone but that pathetic doughboy Tony Stewart. I can't stand Stewart.

And the difference between Gordon and Stewart. Gordon didn't go into a display of profanity. He was not happy, he was brief(but not rude) and blamed himself for a stupid mistake when questioned by the media.

Azure Blurr 08-12-2007 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ylopony (Post 839642)
I was pissed:grr:

He don't do that often and even the God of Nascar(according to many on this site) Dale Sr. have had their moments like this.

However, it would have been much easier to handle if he would have lost to Jr.,Edwards, Burtin, Martin. Anyone but that pathetic doughboy Tony Stewart. I can't stand Stewart.

And the difference between Gordon and Stewart. Gordon didn't go into a display of profanity. He was not happy, he was brief(but not rude) and blamed himself for a stupid mistake when questioned by the media.

I know........ he was a gentleman. Stewrat should take so notes! :D

Azure Blurr 08-12-2007 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gvervoren (Post 839580)

Jacks foot is deep in that arse! That was, from my recliner mind you, a bonehead move. Take second and be gratefull because it shoulda been a 4th or 5th. It does speak volumes of his desire though!

G 08-12-2007 07:53 PM

I bet a second was looking pretty good when all those rocks started flyin. :eek:

I think he should have settled too. :3b:

Robby Gordon was very calm today????

falcongtho3 08-12-2007 08:12 PM

I totally agree on the trumpet redition of the Nat'l Anthem being awesome. Todays wasn't horrible, but it's definitly one of the poorer renditions I've heard.
It really sucked to see Edwards go off road at the end, but he at least recovered and still finished ahead of Gordon. Wonder of Harvick'll get a fine for stating that he was "gonna kick Montoyas a$$" on nat'l TV?

Ummm..."G"...I'm just wondering...about that avatar...WTF???
:borg:

G 08-12-2007 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by falcongtho3 (Post 839678)
I totally agree on the trumpet redition of the Nat'l Anthem being awesome. Todays wasn't horrible, but it's definitly one of the poorer renditions I've heard.
It really sucked to see Edwards go off road at the end, but he at least recovered and still finished ahead of Gordon. Wonder of Harvick'll get a fine for stating that he was "gonna kick Montoyas a$$" on nat'l TV?

Ummm..."G"...I'm just wondering...about that avatar...WTF???

Which one, I think I've had 3 today. I forget what I started with but I had the SCS grinface I stole from peedro only to have it stolen by 2K. :LAUGH:

The current one I figured was against the rules. :??:

No flaming allowed. :frown:

falcongtho3 08-12-2007 08:42 PM

No, self-immolation is well within the rules. Bad putting...that'll get you put in time out...

gvervoren 08-12-2007 09:10 PM

I like that avatar. The golfer must of playing real good that day. As some would say, MAN HE"S ON FIRE!!!!! LOL

G 08-12-2007 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gvervoren (Post 839715)
I like that avatar. The golfer must of playing real good that day. As some would say, MAN HE"S ON FIRE!!!!! LOL

http://www.nearlygood.com/smilies/4_1_210.gif

Azure Blurr 08-12-2007 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mach1Marauder (Post 839761)
Who won? I was working. Dont tell me Pedro did!

Stewrat!

Blackpony04 08-12-2007 11:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mach1Marauder (Post 839761)
Who won? I was working. Dont tell me Pedro did!

Colonel, record the ESPN replay (Thursday I think) and fast forward to 16 laps to go. Juan Pablo got corn-holed by Truex and then corn-holed Harvick before he was re-corn-holed by Jeff Burton (or should I say he got FRIJOLED!). Then Juan and Harvick acted like they wanted to fight but of course french kissed instead.... :Flame:

AWESOME race BTW. Road courses are kinda boring in general but this one had a little of everything in it. Sucks about Edwards biffing it at the end but at least he kept a top 10.

G 08-12-2007 11:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blackpony04 (Post 839799)
Colonel, record the ESPN replay (Thursday I think) and fast forward to 16 laps to go. Juan Pablo got corn-holed by Truex and then corn-holed Harvick before he was re-corn-holed by Jeff Burton (or should I say he got FRIJOLED!). Then Juan and Harvick acted like they wanted to fight but of course french kissed instead.... :Flame:

AWESOME race BTW. Road courses are kinda boring in general but this one had a little of everything in it. Sucks about Edwards biffing it at the end but at least he kept a top 10.

Harvick said "AZZ" on TV as in ---- Kevin what were you and Juan talking about, "I was talking about wanting to kick his AZZ". :23:

G 08-18-2007 03:41 PM

They can get the tennis off there anytime now. I don't get espn classic. :mad:

02mach1 08-19-2007 03:15 PM

The race will be on monday 8/20/07 at 12pm on ESPN.

Blackpony04 08-19-2007 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 02mach1 (Post 843244)

I doubt it as I'm betting on another rain out. That area of Michigan gets Chicago's weather about 4-6 hours later than us and it's expected to rain like a mother for the next several days. Been raining cats and dogs since yesterday afternoon and hasn't let up much at all (thank God I don't live in a flood prone area).

Azure Blurr 08-19-2007 05:38 PM

They need wipers and rain tires! I bet Kyle wouldn't stay on the track long! It would be interesting.................:eyes:

gvervoren 08-19-2007 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 02mach1 (Post 843244)

I thought it was ESPN2? I could be wrong though. :OUCH:

falcongtho3 08-20-2007 04:48 PM

The weather was total crap. I went ahead and drove out there on Sunday, and there were over 100,000 like minded nuts there as well. Getting there wasn't too bad, getting out of that mud bog...well, they'll be washing my rental off for a while!
No race today, so this may be a race that changes the whole season. I've heard three possible scenarios:
Race Tuesday (Bristol is Saturday night, so this might be tough)
Race next Tuesday (Possible, but doubtful. The cars would be impounded at the track for a week.)
Race the Friday after Thanksgiving (This is the one that will probably happen. This will chance the whole Chase situation as well as making the season ender a race run in abnornally cold conditions. Should be fun!)

02mach1 08-20-2007 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by falcongtho3 (Post 843895)
The weather was total crap. I went ahead and drove out there on Sunday, and there were over 100,000 like minded nuts there as well. Getting there wasn't too bad, getting out of that mud bog...well, they'll be washing my rental off for a while!
No race today, so this may be a race that changes the whole season. I've heard three possible scenarios:
Race Tuesday (Bristol is Saturday night, so this might be tough)
Race next Tuesday (Possible, but doubtful. The cars would be impounded at the track for a week.)
Race the Friday after Thanksgiving (This is the one that will probably happen. This will chance the whole Chase situation as well as making the season ender a race run in abnornally cold conditions. Should be fun!)

I gust someone up, there is mad at Nascar another rain out.:devil:

Thunderbolt 08-20-2007 08:56 PM

The race is tomorrow at 10am eastern time.