2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club

2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Registry Discussion (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   NASCAR thread (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/showthread.php?t=55315)

FEARED 07-30-2007 04:32 PM

Re: NASCAR thread

Well.. Looks like Jr has the national gaurd, and Mountain Dew as the top runners for his future sponsors.. and they are thinking about getting the number 8 rights to go along with him..

Crappy that he blew a motor too.. i think he had a top 5 finish in him yesterday.

gvervoren 07-30-2007 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FEARED (Post 831612)
i think he had a top 5 finish in him yesterday.

I agree, I almost felt sorry for him. J/K. I think Jr. is a great driver. I just don't like the way some of his fans act. From interviews with him that I seen in the past, he feels the same way and somewhat embarassed by what some of them do. Such as the ones that throw crap on the track after a race.:notsure:

ylopony 07-30-2007 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gvervoren (Post 831624)
I agree, I almost felt sorry for him. J/K. I think Jr. is a great driver. I just don't like the way some of his fans act. From interviews with him that I seen in the past, he feels the same way and somewhat embarassed by what some of them do. Such as the ones that throw crap on the track after a race.:notsure:

I'm with you on this. I really like Jr. as a driver. For that matter I liked his father as well. I just think many of his fans are an embarrassment to him.

Azure Blurr 07-30-2007 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by G (Post 831049)
How can you tell if Jeff Gordon got a contract extension with Hendrick Motorsports?

All the belt buckle prints on his forehead that say 'stropsrotoM kcirdneH'.

ROTFL! I missed this yesterday! :THUMBSUP:

G 07-30-2007 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AZURE GIRL (Post 831727)
ROTFL! I missed this yesterday! :THUMBSUP:

Someone must have pimp'd my password ---- I would never post something so mean. :eyebrows:

04VAMach1 07-31-2007 07:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ylopony (Post 831721)
I'm with you on this. I really like Jr. as a driver. For that matter I liked his father as well. I just think many of his fans are an embarrassment to him.

I can say that about a lot of drivers. I even like Gordon as a driver, but I can't stand to hear him talk.

falcongtho3 08-04-2007 08:07 PM

Robby Gordon has now topped my list of biggest jerks in NASCAR (obviously returning to his old ways, and moving Tony StewRat to #2 on my list) after the wildest/most screwed up ending to a race I've ever seen at the end of the NASCAR Busch race today in Canada.
For those who saw it, I thought NASCAR should have red flagged the race and sent a tow truck to remove or reposition R.Gordons car after the restart order got sorted out (not that I completely agree with their asessment, but it's their game/rules). You knew what he was going to do onthe restart and he flat out did it. He cost the best car out there the race, and should be punished in the most srious way by not only NASCAR but by his team owner as well.
For those that didn't, seek out a copy of the last 8 or so laps (which takes up about 45 minutes). Aussie Ford driver Stephen Ambrose was leading, a caution was thrown (appropriately so for oil on the track), and the race restarted after a lengthy clean up period. Gordon was second and did pass Ambrose, but Ambrose retook the lead, spinning RGordon in the process. Behind them was a melee of cars crunching the like I'd never seen on a road race course. After the officials sorted out the restart order, RGordon was told to go to the 13th position. He'd driven agressively towards Ambrose during the yellow and stayed in the 1 or 2 position, finally sticking with #2. NASCAR said he'd be black flagged if he didn't move back, he didn't. The green flag flew (a bad move IMHO by the officials) and RGordon nailed Ambrose, who eventually ended up 7th. Harvick (whom I have no great love for, but he was declared the race winner) got past the 88 car (not sure of the driver), but was far behind the RGordon car. Once the checkered flew, Harvick went to do his burnout, and RGordon pulled up next to him and did the same thing! Officials has to keep RGordon out of the Winner Circle! In the post race interview RGordon declared himself the winner of the race!?! Aren't you sorry you missed that one?

http://www.nascar.com/2007/news/head....ap/index.html

:borg:

04VAMach1 08-04-2007 09:21 PM

I've been saying for years that Robby Gordon doesn't deserve to be on a NASCAR track...he is the biggest reason that there is no more racing back to the flag after a yellow is thrown, he doesn't know what a gentleman is much less what it has to do with racing.

ylopony 08-05-2007 09:53 AM

I saw the Busch race yesterday and in my opinion Robby Gordon should not have only been disqualified like he was but he should also be fined and suspended for the rest of the year.

04VAMach1 08-05-2007 10:40 AM

Robby has been parked for today's race...he is not even permitted in the garage area. He left the NASCAR trailer last night with a copy of the rulebook. Additional penalties are supposed to be handed down.

How can someone who has been so successful in so many forms of racing have no respect for the rules...especially the simple ones.

falcongtho3 08-05-2007 12:12 PM

NASCAR is going to have to put this one out in full view of everyone and make him the whipping boy. If not, it will truly beomce a toothless tiger when it comes to rules, and enforcement of those rules. Up until this point it's been a bit of a joke in how NASCAR has policed its own, now it is time for them to make a stand. I blame them for the fact that RGordon was allowed to make a mockery of the race and put its deserved winner (Ambrose)in a spin and relegate him to a 7th place finish.

ylopony 08-05-2007 06:26 PM

How depressing it is becoming over the last few weeks with Nascar. Tony Stewart with two wins in a row and now another punk in Kurt Busch. I can't stand Kurt more than Tony.

Nice showing by Dale JR. and of course my favorite, Jeff Gordon had another strong top 5 finish. And the more I see of Denny Hamlin the more I'm convinced that he is emerging as one of the next superstars of Nascar. He can flat out drive.

gvervoren 08-05-2007 07:14 PM

You have to admit though, Kurt did deserve that win. He had the car to beat the entire race.

Thunderbolt 08-12-2007 02:09 PM

Yikes! That "Freeman" guy singing the National Anthem was absolutely PATHETIC!! On 3 occassions he added words to the song. Get the words right, idiot!

G 08-12-2007 02:48 PM

Race is kinda boring so far. Tony looks strong but any predictions??????

Likely - Harvick and Stewart

My favorites today - Burton, Boyer, Sadler, Said

Long shots - Jr, Kurt, R. Gordon

Thunderbolt 08-12-2007 04:46 PM

HIT HIM HARVICK, HIT HIM!! I can't stand Montoya. He was driving so fast into that turn, he probably would have taken out Harvick anyway. When they interviewed Montoya at the beginning of the race, he gave a B.S. answer about what other driver's think of him. I'm sure most driver's hate him.

falcongtho3 08-12-2007 05:06 PM

I wish Montoya would have really clocked Harvick.
And who's Jr. using as an engine builder now, Playskool or Fisher Price?

G 08-12-2007 05:40 PM

OK not so boring now. Way to go jeffy, wheel hop city. :D

G 08-12-2007 05:42 PM

Amazing last few laps but man that COT seems to suck to drive. :LAUGH:

Thunderbolt 08-12-2007 05:43 PM

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!! Smooth move Exlax Gordon!! Nice win Smoke!

G 08-12-2007 05:46 PM

Kevin may have to kick some juan azz in the pits. I know the 1 tapped him but I think he was already in too deep. :grr:

gvervoren 08-12-2007 05:51 PM

I was so hoping that Harvick and Montoya would gotten into a real fight. I don't care for either one of them. I missd the national anthem though. Was it really that bad? I think they should make people audition for the right to sing it cause some people really ruin it. Anyway, this was one of the best road course races I have seen in a long time.

G 08-12-2007 05:58 PM

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...arch&plindex=3

G 08-12-2007 06:00 PM

I really thought Gordon had it won, I almost went out to the shop. :23:

G 08-12-2007 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gvervoren (Post 839555)
I was so hoping that Harvick and Montoya would gotten into a real fight. I dn't care for either one of them. I missd the national anthem though. Was it really that bad? I think they should make people audition for the right to sing it cause some people really ruin it. Anyway, this was one of the best road course races I have seen in a long time.

It was not like the Roseanne thing, it could have been better. I loved it a few weeks ago when they had the one trumpet player. :smokin: