2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club

2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Registry Discussion (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   NFL Football Thread (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/showthread.php?t=84561)

04azuremach 09-30-2009 01:12 PM

Re: NFL Football Thread

San Fran D is definitely having a good year and I think they'll keep the Rams scoring very, very low!

65fastback2+2 10-01-2009 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by np_mach1 (Post 1207143)
Which 2? Let me gues the most recent... Hey I am sure Willies long run, or the antoine throw was just a gimme too. Give me a break. And the last Super Bowl if there were a 100 snaps taken by the Cards there should have been 100 holding calls because Harrison was RAPED every play... I am sure his pick 6 was given to him too.

Delusional much? You got lucky against our squad in 95-96 (hard work my ***)

You can add up all the stats (excuses) in the world when it comes down to it Super bowls are what the game is played for. You know it and I know it.

im sure big ben rolling with a 20 qb rating (worst in nfl history) was definitely a reason for a sb win.

Bradshaw is the only one who ever won anything for Pittsburg....the big ben era is nothing but a bunch of lucky gimme's. no other team has accidentally won as many championships as the squeelers.

Thunderbolt 10-01-2009 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 65fastback2+2 (Post 1207549)
im sure big ben rolling with a 20 qb rating (worst in nfl history) was definitely a reason for a sb win.

the big ben era is nothing but a bunch of lucky gimme's. no other team has accidentally won as many championships as the squeelers.

:eyes: :eyes: :eyes:

02mach1 10-02-2009 02:37 AM

Cryboys hasn't beat a team with winning record let this season.

gbranton 10-02-2009 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 02mach1 (Post 1207869)

And the Steelers haven't beaten ANYBODY in regulation this year. They have a good shot at being 1-3 after Sunday.

65fastback2+2 10-02-2009 10:10 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by gbranton (Post 1207904)
And the Steelers haven't beaten ANYBODY in regulation this year. They have a good shot at being 1-3 after Sunday.

ahaha....02mach1 got pwned

65fastback2+2 10-02-2009 10:13 AM

Quote:

theyve only played through week 3, chances are, if the cowboys beat them then they dont have a winning record haha

gbranton 10-02-2009 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 65fastback2+2 (Post 1207112)
Bull crap...intentional grounding is that...intentional....letting go of the ball while getting hit and the ball falling short is not intentional

"Intentional grounding will be called when a passer, facing an imminent loss of yardage due to pressure from the defense, throws a forward pass without a realistic chance of completion."

http://www.nfl.com/rulebook/intentionalgrounding

65fastback2+2 10-02-2009 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gbranton (Post 1207918)
"Intentional grounding will be called when a passer, facing an imminent loss of yardage due to pressure from the defense, throws a forward pass without a realistic chance of completion."

http://www.nfl.com/rulebook/intentionalgrounding

so

every time the quarterback has his arm moving forward for a pass and gets hit and the D gets up with the ball and takes off running and they whistle it an "incomplete pass as the quarterbacks arm was moving forward"...they should really pitch out a yellow flag and charge the qb with intentional grounding

iluvmymach1 10-02-2009 08:56 PM

I too have been a Steelers fan for a VERY long time!!!
STEELERS ALL THE WAY !!!!:worship:

acreature 10-03-2009 02:57 AM

:23: All Steeler fans have been for a long time, as was all Patriots fans a few years back, as were Cowboys fans in the 90s.

Its the same every time a team makes a run. Amazing how many 49r fans theyre arent anymore :D

65fastback2+2 10-03-2009 07:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aneurism (Post 1208203)
:23: All Steeler fans have been for a long time, as was all Patriots fans a few years back, as were Cowboys fans in the 90s.

Its the same every time a team makes a run. Amazing how many 49r fans theyre arent anymore :D

yup

ive been a cowboys fan since I was 6 (1991)...growing up in houston is was either the foilers (oilers) who couldnt win jack, or the dallas cowboys...I must say, I chose wisely

fiveliter 10-03-2009 09:14 AM

Quote:

Great point....it's the same for any sport. I can't count how many people used to run around NYC with Chicago Bulls jerseys on, now you can't find one. All they fake fans love to jump on the bandwagon of a winning team. Only the true fans stay through the lean years.

TorchMach1 10-03-2009 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gbranton (Post 1207904)

Heh, heh, heh....WHO DEY! Even if the Bengals don't win another game all year, sticking it to the Squeelers was priceless!

Thunderbolt 10-03-2009 01:56 PM

Quote:

Nope. No bandwagon here. I grew up in the midwest with Vikings, Packers, Bears, and Chiefs fans back in the early 70's. I could'nt stand any of those teams. I became a Steeler fan before they won anything. Maybe it was the 1972 Immaculate Reception that got me hooked on them. I hated the Raiders I know that.

acreature 10-03-2009 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thunderbolt (Post 1208265)
Nope. No bandwagon here. I grew up in the midwest with Vikings, Packers, Bears, and Chiefs fans back in the early 70's. I could'nt stand any of those teams. I became a Steeler fan before they won anything. Maybe it was the 1972 Immaculate Reception that got me hooked on them. I hated the Raiders I know that.

I certainly didnt mean to be specific as to who was what. I just find it humorous when posts pop up begging for acknowledgement of a long tenure of "fanship", unsolicited. You, as a fan, cannot deny the recent years surge in fans for the Steelers.

Thunderbolt 10-03-2009 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aneurism (Post 1208272)
I certainly didnt mean to be specific as to who was what. I just find it humorous when posts pop up begging for acknowledgement of a long tenure of "fanship", unsolicited. You, as a fan, cannot deny the recent years surge in fans for the Steelers.

I live in Seattle now, so I have to deal with Seattle Suckhawk fans on a daily basis. I have no clue as to the increased amount of Steeler fans over the past few years. I'm sure it's a roller coaster each year. The great thing about having a good season is they usually play a good amount of Steelers games on regular tv. This Sunday night will be 3 out of 4 Steeler games I've seen. :)

acreature 10-03-2009 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thunderbolt (Post 1208276)
I live in Seattle now, so I have to deal with Seattle Suckhawk fans on a daily basis. I have no clue as to the increased amount of Steeler fans over the past few years. I'm sure it's a roller coaster each year. The great thing about having a good season is they usually play a good amount of Steelers games on regular tv. This Sunday night will be 3 out of 4 Steeler games I've seen. :)

I hear you on that. I loathe the NFL network.

Thunderbolt 10-04-2009 07:26 PM

Rhomo sucks.

65fastback2+2 10-04-2009 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thunderbolt (Post 1208564)
Rhomo sucks.

Romo doesnt completely suck. We can only get our team to show up every other game

5 sacks? come on, romo shouldnt be under the pressure...they should friggin block for him

and our secondary cant tackle to save their life

acreature 10-04-2009 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thunderbolt (Post 1208564)
Rhomo sucks.

Today, I agree.

65fastback2+2 10-04-2009 07:39 PM

heres the biggest problem

everyone wants tony to change and be something hes not

and whether or not anyone wants to admit it its hurting his play and dont get me wrong, I loved conservative tony last week. but hes a scrambler, chance taker and a play maker. if you try to change that, you will get under performance. Tony would have been much better today with something along 4 TD's and 4 INT's.

This offensive line is being a joke. I watched them last week vs. the panthers and they were a joke then too. What is so hard about protecting the QB? 5 sacks + 1 fumble off of no coverage....thats utter garbage

gbranton 10-04-2009 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 65fastback2+2 (Post 1208570)
everyone wants tony to change and be something hes not

Like a winning NFL quarterback.

65fastback2+2 10-04-2009 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gbranton (Post 1208572)
Like a winning NFL quarterback.

hardy har har....need I remind you who had a 13-3 season their first full season?

he can win....but not when the rest of the team isnt playing and not when hes trying to be a QB hes not

he needs to quit trying to be a pocket qb when hes a scrambler

gbranton 10-04-2009 07:58 PM

A Scrambler is something you have for breakfast at Krystal's, not something that wins championships.