2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club

2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Registry Discussion (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   NASCAR thread (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/showthread.php?t=55315)

falcongtho3 10-22-2006 08:25 PM

Re: NASCAR thread

Glad to see Kennseth take the points lead, but hate that Marks fallen so far behind. Looks like Gordons still out, now we need some really bad mojo to find its way into that other Hendrick car. :borg:

G 10-22-2006 08:44 PM

I think the rookie in car 06 got a real education today. Schrader probably wanted to shove those bumper tubes up his rookie butt. :eyebrows:

I don't get why Dale Jr took such a chance getting around Kain. How many dang times did we hear "big picture" over his scanner? WTH :SMASH:

pic18 10-22-2006 09:08 PM

Bobby's my #1 driver. I figured his career was done when he moved to the Petty's. 4 top 10's in the last 5 races is better than I ever thought. He may still have the most DNF's this year. Anyway I'd like to see him competetive again like Jeff Burton is now. As far as the Championship goes this year, Kenseth is my choice, but I'll be happy for any of them except Harvick.

gvervoren 11-05-2006 07:44 PM

2 in a row for Stewart. I wonder how he would be doing in points if he were in the chase? I think Johnson will get the championship this year. Although he is not my favorite to win, I think he does deserve it.

falcongtho3 11-05-2006 07:57 PM

I was wondering the same thing about Stewarts ranking had there been no 'Chase'. Should he do as well in the next two races I think you'll hear a very vocal outpouring about reworking the chase. There wasn't a Ford in the top 10 finishers. I wonder where the weak issues are and what needs to be doen to get to making them more competitive? :borg:

3150Mach1 11-05-2006 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gvervoren (Post 679019)
2 in a row for Stewart. I wonder how he would be doing in points if he were in the chase? I think Johnson will get the championship this year. Although he is not my favorite to win, I think he does deserve it.

They said on TV that he would be in second and only 19 points out but not sure if that was with this win or was after last week.

JJ in first place. :grr: That sucks. I can not stand that man. :SMASH: He is to full of himself and will never admitt he makes a mistake. Product of the Hendrick juggernaut. :machgod: NOT

birdman941 11-05-2006 09:34 PM

I have completely lost interest.
Never thought that would happen.
Yeah, I hope Ford does well, but the Toiletta thing, to me, is just plain Un-American.
What next?
Illegal Alien drivers?

G 11-05-2006 09:50 PM

Nope, they sell beer and dogs. :D :LAUGH: :grr:

birdman941 11-05-2006 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by geoffav (Post 679082)

:23:

gvervoren 11-06-2006 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by geoffav (Post 679082)

LOL Now that's funny!

G 11-12-2006 01:23 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Hey, what a turnaround for Kurt. He's a Deputy now???????????

I still don't like the guy but if he can make something good happen recovering from his screw-up. More power to him when the kids gain from it. :THUMBSUP:

It is bad how much he has aged from the pressure. :PICS: BELOW

G 11-12-2006 07:26 PM

Johnson's Championship to lose. :grr: I never have been a fan.

Harvick is having a year to remember, very nice win today. :machgod:

mach18604 11-12-2006 07:55 PM

Kind of a boring race today... Looks like Jr is out.
I wouldnt mind if the 29 won it all. As long as its not
Jimmy.

At least the BROWNS Won!

G 11-12-2006 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mach18604 (Post 683696)
Kind of a boring race today... Looks like Jr is out.
I wouldnt mind if the 29 won it all. As long as its not
Jimmy.

At least the BROWNS Won!

:agree: No JJ. :PIMP:

gvervoren 11-13-2006 05:08 PM

I'm not a big fan of Jimmy Johnson either but you have to admit, He does deserve the championship though. By the way geoffav, nice picture. LOL

G 11-13-2006 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gvervoren (Post 684304)
I'm not a big fan of Jimmy Johnson either but you have to admit, He does deserve the championship though. By the way geoffav, nice picture. LOL

I was starting to think everybody thought that really was an oldazz Kurt Busch. :wall:

Thanks for noticing! :machgod:

gvervoren 11-13-2006 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by geoffav (Post 684320)
I was starting to think everybody thought that really was an oldazz Kurt Busch. :wall:

Thanks for noticing! :machgod:

Well I guess it is an oldazz Busch (Bush) wearing a Newman Jacket. :OUCH:

gvervoren 11-14-2006 05:35 PM

Only one race left. Who do you honestly think will take the championship. I am going to say Jimmy Johnson.

falcongtho3 11-14-2006 05:51 PM

With DEI talkng about buying the two Yates cars positions, this isn't going to leave much for Ford fans to cheer about. Really can't hope for Johnson to be the victor, even though that's what looks like will be the eventual outcome. Word is that on the COT front, GM will use the Impala name on those cars instead of the Monte Carlo tag. DC is possibly looking at the Challenger or Avenger name for theirs...wonder if Fords tough about using Mustang for their COT entry? :borg:

G 11-14-2006 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by falcongtho3 (Post 685174)
With DEI talkng about buying the two Yates cars positions, this isn't going to leave much for Ford fans to cheer about. Really can't hope for Johnson to be the victor, even though that's what looks like will be the eventual outcome. Word is that on the COT front, GM will use the Impala name on those cars instead of the Monte Carlo tag. DC is possibly looking at the Challenger or Avenger name for theirs...wonder if Fords tough about using Mustang for their COT entry? :borg:

They could just go all out and submit Cougar. It would be nice to have another Eliminator. Just re-body the GT500 and make a few thousand of them. :LAUGH:

falcongtho3 11-14-2006 06:31 PM

If Ford would build one. It seems like they could generate some sales and enthusiast momentum by doing a Merc-bodied Stang. I know there was a concept a few years ago, it wasn't called Cougar, but it looked like it could be a candidate. If Ford had the guts, and possible their new leader does, to actually watch their own commercials and make some truly BOLD MOVES, there could be a future for all of their divisions. A new Falcon (yeah, its broken record time) sure looks like a good candidate for a NASCAR entry, on the showrooms either as a Ford or Mercury product. Either line could use a paring down of their lines and this is a car that would sell, could be raced in a number of series and actually get some positive press for the blue oval. :borg:

machths 11-14-2006 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by falcongtho3 (Post 685200)
I know there was a concept a few years ago, it wasn't called Cougar, but it looked like it could be a candidate.

Yeah, the Cougar came back looking like the Eclipse. Kind of soiled the Cougar name there just like Chevrolet did by bringing back the Monte Carlo as a front wheel drive V6. :SMASH:

I'd love to see the Cougar back looking similar to the Mustang.

gvervoren 11-19-2006 07:49 PM

2 Attachment(s)
YOUR 2004 NEXTEL CUP CHAMPION, JIMMY JOHNSON. Whether you like him or not, you gotta admit. He did deserve it.

http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/...1&d=1163983731

http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/...1&d=1163984182

falcongtho3 11-19-2006 07:57 PM

Like it or not? I chose NOT! The only saving grace for me was that it was a Ford sweep of the weekend, Martin in trucks, Kenseth in Busch, and Biffle in the Cup race...the Shelby GT500 pace car was pretty sweet as well. :borg:

gvervoren 11-19-2006 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by falcongtho3 (Post 688394)
Like it or not? I chose NOT! The only saving grace for me was that it was a Ford sweep of the weekend, Martin in trucks, Kenseth in Busch, and Biffle in the Cup race...the Shelby GT500 pace car was pretty sweet as well. :borg:

You are absolutely right. I didn't even realize that. It was Ford Championship weekend and Fords won all three races. :THUMBSUP: