2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club

2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Registry Discussion (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Ask A Police Officer (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/showthread.php?t=45012)

04VAMach1 04-09-2010 09:12 AM

Re: Ask A Police Officer

Quote:

Originally Posted by jasionox666x (Post 1267379)
Say you are a cop in Delaware. Can you pull someone over with a Pennsylvania license plate for tint?

This question was answered just a few posts above...

Yes. When you are traveling through a state, you are responsible for complying with all of the laws of that state, including tint. Most officers will give you a break if you are just driving through, but they don't have to.

jasionox666x 04-09-2010 10:41 AM

Oh duh lol.
Thanks. I just read it

acreature 06-15-2010 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LOOKnGO (Post 1292513)
OK! It was hot and muggy first thing this morning. This little ricer was zipping back and forth in 5 mph traffic in and out of lanes with his 5 inch single blaster exhaust tip, plus he was wearing driving gloves. My question is... Would it be considered road rage to pull him through the door glass opening by his shirt collar when the traffic stopped? :31:

As long as he doesn't mind..... or every witness annoyed by the fartcan agrees he was the aggressor :23:

bmeeks 06-16-2010 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LOOKnGO (Post 1292513)
OK! It was hot and muggy first thing this morning. This little ricer was zipping back and forth in 5 mph traffic in and out of lanes with his 5 inch single blaster exhaust tip, plus he was wearing driving gloves. My question is... Would it be considered road rage to pull him through the door glass opening by his shirt collar when the traffic stopped? :31:

try the hypoglossal, it'll work worlds better and he'll comply with every little command you give (like telling him to drop his pants and put that fart can where it belongs! :flamedevi )

mattfast 07-03-2010 04:26 PM

should i have to be sued i was busted for dragracing 6months ago and doin comunity service and probatoin for 1 year and suspend driverlisense and i got caught cause a idiot pulled out and i hit him so now my insurence is suuing me for damage. i thouht thats what insurence was for

DownSouthMach 07-03-2010 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mattfast (Post 1298577)
should i have to be sued i was busted for dragracing 6months ago and doin comunity service and probatoin for 1 year and suspend driverlisense and i got caught cause a idiot pulled out and i hit him so now my insurence is suuing me for damage. i thouht thats what insurence was for

Im not the po po, but wow just wow :12: :crazy: and :smack:

Mustanger2 07-03-2010 06:03 PM

Quote:

Yes you should be punished for wilfully violating all the safety rules & the law! You don't get to thumb your nose at any law you don't like & do what you want! You got a break with your sentance & then violated the conditions on purpose! Insurance is for responsible people who try their best but have an accident not those who continually demand their own way no matter what. Sorry but you chose your actions & all actions have their consequences... the time to ask & think about that is BEFORE you do the crime!

Now I DO have a bit of sympathy for you, it is a hard path you have selected for yourself, but you did it...man up. And jfyi...I too have been stupid many times, paid my dues & learned from them...some I got away with but it eventually evened out I thinkl.

JDraper 07-03-2010 06:23 PM

Quote:

Are you kidding?:smack: If you're driving illegally because you were a dumb*ss and lost your license, your insurance company has every right to sue you for the damage and I gladly support them. It's idiots like you that cause the rest of us to have higher premiums.:anger:

Grow up and accept some responsibility for your actions.

I also suggest you go back to elementary school and learn how to spell and compose a proper sentence. :loser:

Thunderbolt 07-03-2010 06:53 PM

I'm still ticked off at that building that got in my way when I was drunk driving 25 years ago. :angry:

DownSouthMach 07-03-2010 06:56 PM

Quote:

should i have to be sued i was busted for dragracing 6months ago and doin comunity service and probatoin for 1 year and suspend driverlisense and i got caught cause I"M a idiot. He pulled out and I hit him so now my insurence is suuing me for damage. i thouht thats what insurence was for (so i can break the law and have no consequences.)

Fixed :butt:

JDraper 07-03-2010 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mach1Marauder (Post 1298600)
You hater!!!!!!!:23:

Charter member of the "He Man Idiot Haterz club"!!!!!!!!:CHEERS:

:COOL:

mattfast 07-03-2010 10:34 PM

no i probly explained it wrong. i got busted for racing my talon on the service road when a old guy pulled out of a parking lot and i hit him. and i know its my fault and all that but hell he saw us coming. went to court and got suspended lisence probation and c service. i had full coverage on insurance but since they say i was comiting a crime with the car they dont have to fix it and they are suing me to pay for the damage to other car is this legal is what i asking. dont use allstate they suc

N/AKing 07-03-2010 10:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mattfast (Post 1298651)
no i probly explained it wrong. i got busted for racing my talon on the service road when a old guy pulled out of a parking lot and i hit him. and i know its my fault and all that but hell he saw us coming. went to court and got suspended lisence probation and c service. i had full coverage on insurance but since they say i was comiting a crime with the car they dont have to fix it and they are suing me to pay for the damage to other car is this legal is what i asking. dont use allstate they suc

You should be sued for posting something so hard to read. I believe Bill said it a few post back. This thread is called ask a police officer.........not ask a lawyer. Call your lawyer and have him/her handle it.

acreature 07-04-2010 01:42 AM

Quote:

racing my talon on the service road when a old guy pulled out of a parking lot and i hit him. and i know its my fault and all that but hell he saw us coming.

If you felt your driving skills were so honed that you would race on roads not meant for "racing", you would have seen him coming out onto the roadway and been able to avoid said collision.

Ah, forget it. Be thankful no one was killed, and enjoy figuring a way to pay monetarily.

I have zero sympathy for you. There's "stupid behavior" and then there's "dumbassedness". Guess which you are.

JDraper 07-04-2010 07:50 AM

Quote:

no i probly explained it wrong.

Maybe if you took some time to compose a proper sentence, you would have gotten your point across the first time. I see you still haven't learned how to do that....]

Quote:

i got busted for racing my talon on the service road when a old guy pulled out of a parking lot and i hit him. and i know its my fault and all that but hell he saw us coming. went to court and got suspended lisence probation and c service. i had full coverage on insurance but since they say i was comiting a crime with the car they dont have to fix it and they are suing me to pay for the damage to other car is this legal is what i asking. dont use allstate they suc

So it's your fault, but some how it's still the other driver's fault because he saw you coming? Geez kid, grow up! YOU screwed up by racing on a public road, don't try to deflect some of the blame to the other driver.:smack:

Allstate sucks because they don't want to pay for your stupidity during a crime? Riiiggghhttt....That's right up there with our motors sucking because the valve covers take some work to remove...

Guess everything sucks that doesn't go your way huh?:SMASH:

Mustanger2 07-04-2010 11:38 AM

This is the same kid that is going to college soon...heaven help us if there are any more students like this one! Our Nation is doomed!

mattfast 07-04-2010 04:12 PM

I know. My fault. End of story. See my other thread today.

ttwemlow 07-15-2010 03:17 PM

Well, Mattfast...you sure are getting dinged by the forum, but consider yourself lucky... Do a search for a Waldorf, Maryland Drag race and you will see that the driver lost control of the car and drove through a "Group" of spectator's killing a person...

As had been said before, many of us learn the hard way, but your situation is not as bad of a lesson as it could have been. Suck it up and pay the fine.

Unrealford 12-30-2010 01:12 AM

Recieved a ticket today, I was speeding and when I got pulled over I tried talking my way out of ticket, Instead of speeding he gave me a ticket of
Failure to follow a traffic control device .
He did not state any speed or any infraction
My question is. Will this ticket be expensive and what usually happens in this case?
Thanks Shawn

MCHNROL 12-30-2010 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unrealford (Post 1347665)
Recieved a ticket today, I was speeding and when I got pulled over I tried talking my way out of ticket, Instead of speeding he gave me a ticket of
Failure to follow a traffic control device .
He did not state any speed or any infraction
My question is. Will this ticket be expensive and what usually happens in this case?
Thanks Shawn

I'm near positive that is a fine with no points to raise insurance. Kinda like a favor, sort of. LOL

kopacko 01-03-2011 01:43 PM

That is a general catch all ticket I use here in TN when I am trying to be nice but can't just let the person go with a warning. It is typically a no points tickets.

Oh and FYI, it never hurts to call the court and ask about what will happen to your license, how much the ticket is, and if you can take driving school to make sure it doesn't show on your record (if that charges does).