2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club

2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Registry Discussion (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Ask A Police Officer (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/showthread.php?t=45012)

machster04 09-06-2008 11:42 AM

Re: Ask A Police Officer

isnt't it manditory lock up for going over 100mph? Yeah i bet you would, some cops are cool some ain't and sometimes they just like writing tickets for misdemanors or an infractions for jaywalking or ****ing with bums when they have nothing better to do at 430am

Dantheman 09-22-2008 04:54 PM

Okay - here's my question to the police officers out there. If you pull somebody over, run their info, and find out there is a warrant for their arrest for unpaid tickets/no insurance, motor vehicle paperwork stuff, do you have any discretion about letting them go, even with a warrant being issued??

acreature 10-06-2008 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dantheman (Post 1050228)
Okay - here's my question to the police officers out there. If you pull somebody over, run their info, and find out there is a warrant for their arrest for unpaid tickets/no insurance, motor vehicle paperwork stuff, do you have any discretion about letting them go, even with a warrant being issued??

Usually, the warrant will read, "Shall arrest..." which is a mandatory arrest, per se. You'll find some laws that specify, "May arrest..."

I have never let someone go on a warrant that was found out about during a traffic stop.

Apollo240 10-07-2008 01:26 PM

Krispy Kreme or Dunkin Doughnuts?

lol j/k

acreature 10-07-2008 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by machster04 (Post 1043287)
isnt't it manditory lock up for going over 100mph? Yeah i bet you would, some cops are cool some ain't and sometimes they just like writing tickets for misdemanors or an infractions for jaywalking or ****ing with bums when they have nothing better to do at 430am

No it isn't mandatory.

SexyMach1 10-07-2008 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Apollo240 (Post 1057036)
Krispy Kreme or Dunkin Doughnuts?

lol j/k

If I was a cop, I would live at Krispy Kreme! No lie!

falcongtho3 10-07-2008 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SexyMach1 (Post 1057141)

Yeah, but then you wouldn't be 'SexyMach1'...at least not for long...

:borg:

Apollo240 10-08-2008 08:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SexyMach1 (Post 1057141)

Im more of a DD guy.

Quote:

Originally Posted by falcongtho3 (Post 1057246)
Yeah, but then you wouldn't be 'SexyMach1'...at least not for long...

:borg:

LOL technically SexyMach1 means the car is sexy..that wont change. As for the driver...lol

Im just kidding sexymach1 :)

SexyMach1 10-08-2008 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Apollo240 (Post 1057379)
Im more of a DD guy.

LOL technically SexyMach1 means the car is sexy..that wont change. As for the driver...lol

Im just kidding sexymach1 :)

HAHA ya'll are prolly right!

Berzerk 10-08-2008 10:42 PM

A question about traffic signs...

Here in PA I've seen some signs & wonder why are there 2? First there is the "No turn on red" sign, self-explanatory. Then there are the ones that say "Wait for green".

Whats the point of the "Wait for Green" signs? Nobody pays attention to them. If you're supposed to wait for green, why not just post "No turn on red"?

Is it technically "ticketable" for turning with a "Wait for green" sign posted?

fjt226 10-09-2008 01:34 PM

In most jurisdictions there is a position of "Traffic Engineer" whose purpose is to decide/design roads and such and the signs that go on them. I have found in my jurisdiction that these people design on a piece of paper and quite often never visit the site to see exactly what is the effect of their hard work. In fact, I once reported to a traffic engineer that he had a road stripped so that opposing on-coming traffic would end up in the same lane thereby possibly causing a collison. I am sure most of them are good folks and know their job but they sometimes do strange things making it difficult for those of us enforcing the law, to do the right thing.

Quixotis 10-10-2008 11:55 AM

So, hypothetically speaking, if someone were to be moving to, let's say, Washington DC, and gets a speeding ticket while driving through another state like, let's say, Kansas, what might be the repercussions of ignoring the ticket - hypothetically speaking :teeth:

fjt226 10-10-2008 12:45 PM

Most states have an "Interstate Compact" of some type with neighboring, if not all, of the other states. This means that the hypothetically received ticket is in a database somewhere that is accessible to, or given to, the other states. The common example is a DUI arrest, which is readily accessed by other states than the one in which it occurs.

So, given your example, you get a ticket in Kansas, and don't handle the citation and it goes to a warrant of arrest for failure to appear, the next time you went to renew your license, or got a new license in another state, if that state shares information with Kansas, you would probably have some difficulty in getting your new or renewed license. In fact, under the right circumstances, it would be theoretically possible that you could be arrested on the spot for the outstanding warrant.

Quixotis 10-13-2008 01:03 PM

Thanks, I figured such - darn technology :angry: But it's not like I wouldn't have paid it anyway; I earned it... hypothetically speaking :gears:

Cheers :CHEERS:

grapony 10-30-2008 01:34 PM

Here's my question. If I get pulled over and I've got my pistol in the car with we should I tell the officer I have it? I've got an unrestricted pistol license so I'm legal. I got pulled over last Sat for a seatbelt and I had my glock 22 and 100 rds of ammo in the front floorboard. The officer didn't notice it. He asked me for DL and I gave it to him and I thought about handing him my pistol license also. Thoughts anyone?

04VAMach1 10-30-2008 02:34 PM

I've always been told to let the officer know that it's in the vehicle as you are handing over your license (and I include my CCW)...let them decide how to proceed from there. They usually react better if you tell them about it than if they notice it on their own.

Nodrama43 10-31-2008 10:23 PM

your state law should specify the proper procedure. In Ohio when I pull you over you are required to immediatly notify me. If you don't do so you can be arrested, your CCW invalidated, and your firearm confiscated. (not that this always happens)

IF you have a weapon in the car, calmly explain to the Officer that you have a CCW permit and are in possession of a firearm. I usually secure the weapon until my business with you is over. If you are polite I probably won't mind that you were at 6800 rpm in 3rd gear... :THUMBSUP:

drive safely and wear your seatbelt !

mach one NY 11-01-2008 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by grapony (Post 1066411)
Here's my question. If I get pulled over and I've got my pistol in the car with we should I tell the officer I have it? I've got an unrestricted pistol license so I'm legal. I got pulled over last Sat for a seatbelt and I had my glock 22 and 100 rds of ammo in the front floorboard. The officer didn't notice it. He asked me for DL and I gave it to him and I thought about handing him my pistol license also. Thoughts anyone?

As long as its 100 % legal telling him should be the FIRST thing out of your mouth. For your saftey as well as his.

Apollo240 11-08-2008 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mach one NY (Post 1067197)
As long as its 100 % legal telling him should be the FIRST thing out of your mouth. For your saftey as well as his.

100 rounds :23: They need a SWAT team to give you a ticket

toad 11-08-2008 11:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by grapony (Post 1066411)

In Texas, as a CHL holder you must inform the officer and give him both your Concealed Handgun License and your drivers license. He will ask where the weapon is. On his discretion he can ask you to give it to him, ask where it is and retrieve it himself, or tell you to leave it where it is. I have had all three happen.

Troll 11-09-2008 01:17 AM

Feel like I need to take driver's ed again...

When I lived in NC, it was common for traffic lights to have red right turn arrows (usually when there were multiple right turn lanes side-by-side). It was also common for people to turn right on a red arrow. Is this legal? Maybe only in NC? What about turning right from the outside (left) right turn lane?

Wish I had a diagram for this one--There's an intersection by my house where I turn right to get to the freeway. Half the time, the drivers across the street who have a prominent "left turn yield on green" sign try to run me over as I turn right. If I recall correctly, a right turn is supposed to be made into the closest lane; only in a left turn can you choose which lane you end up in. If that's the case, can you turn left into the left lane while somebody else is making a right turn, or are these people really all as dumb as they look? Does this question make any sense?

If you've ever pulled someone over for not yielding in a left turn, what excuses do they give?

WhiteautoMach 11-14-2008 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by falcongtho3 (Post 493485)
My mother is a moderator (guess it runs in the family) on a sewing forum

:23: :claus: :PICS:

That is so funny! I never knew there was a sewing forum!

shadowone 11-24-2008 08:45 PM

i have a question to a cop. i work for a company in which they perform yearly dmv reports. i already have a ticket of 96 in a 55 on my record. i just got another ticket for an illegal left hand turn. i have heard that if you pay the ticket on time it doesnt go on your record. is this true or not?

acreature 01-13-2009 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shadowone (Post 1076021)
i have a question to a cop. i work for a company in which they perform yearly dmv reports. i already have a ticket of 96 in a 55 on my record. i just got another ticket for an illegal left hand turn. i have heard that if you pay the ticket on time it doesnt go on your record. is this true or not?

Prepaying any ticket is a guilty plea. The only convictions that typically do not show on Driving Records are non-moving violations.

MRS.SHKR 01-13-2009 07:16 PM

Any suggestions for a criminal justice law enforcement student???? :D