2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club

2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Registry Discussion (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Die -cast cars (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/showthread.php?t=52987)

24kmach 01-05-2018 08:27 PM

Re: Die -cast cars

Quote:

Originally Posted by 311-420 (Post 1629318)
Russsss!

What the HAY? How are you doing my friend?

falcongtho3 01-05-2018 08:45 PM

Good to see to see you post up buddy!

:borg:

Big Ron 01-05-2018 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 311-420 (Post 1629318)
Russsss!

Who is this Russsss that you are talking about? :OUCH:

Big Ron

311-420 01-05-2018 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 24kmach (Post 1629319)
What the HAY? How are you doing my friend?

I'm great! how have you been? How's the ecoboost treating you?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big Ron (Post 1629323)
Who is this Russsss that you are talking about? :OUCH:

Big Ron

It's the west coast Wilcoxson monster! Rarely seen in the wild, or the internets. :rolleyses

24kmach 01-06-2018 03:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 311-420 (Post 1629324)
I'm great! how have you been? How's the ecoboost treating you?
How dare you call my mighty 5.0 an Ecoboost. :headbang: My HDSTANG won the Modern Muscle Award at the Good Guys Car show here. 3,200 cars last year. How about them Apples? Oh I'm fine as a 73 year old clown could be.
It's the west coast Wilcoxson monster! Rarely seen in the wild, or the internets. :rolleyses

I'm on FB. Russ Wilcoxson

Be my friend :secret: You also Ron and John. We have room at the Inn as long as you buy the drinks. :CHEERS:

ab_mach1 01-06-2018 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by falcongtho3 (Post 1629303)
For those of us that need to be truly humbled in our own collection, our buddy John Clor got to visit the collection of fellow registry member Scott Moen.

Since other words fail me, I'll just give you this link to click on and drool appropriately:

http://performance.ford.com/enthusia...id=FP_FASTNEWS

I can’t stop drooling! 🤤

311-420 01-06-2018 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 24kmach (Post 1629330)
I'm on FB. Russ Wilcoxson

Be my friend :secret: You also Ron and John. We have room at the Inn as long as you buy the drinks. :CHEERS:

I thought you went ecoboost? Well, glad to see you didn't. Unfortunately, I don't get on fb anymore.

What's the details on the 5.0?

24kmach 01-06-2018 10:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 311-420 (Post 1629337)
I thought you went ecoboost? Well, glad to see you didn't. Unfortunately, I don't get on fb anymore.

What's the details on the 5.0?

Oh just the usual. Hurst shifter, Flow Master Outlaw exhaust, K & N cold Air, along with American Car Craft, Ford Racing, Specter, Mishimoto, etc, etc. Did I mention it is a Harley-Davidson Sp Ed? It is an auto with 3.55 gears. Comp. Orange with Shadow Black roof and loaded with all the options.

falcongtho3 06-25-2020 06:59 PM

We haven't had any action on this thread for some time, but I think for those of you who are interested in small scale Mustangs, you might like this article on fellow member Scott Moen...
https://performance.ford.com/enthusi...ollection.html

bris09 06-27-2020 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by falcongtho3 (Post 1636382)
We haven't had any action on this thread for some time, but I think for those of you who are interested in small scale Mustangs, you might like this article on fellow member Scott Moen...
https://performance.ford.com/enthusi...ollection.html

I've seen specialty die-cast stores that can't even come close to the volume of cars he has. His collection is way beyond next level.

Big Ron 06-27-2020 03:38 PM

My small collection is in 16 boxes neatly stacked in the garage.
Lotta good that does. LOL

Big Ron

ab_mach1 06-30-2020 09:13 AM

That is one epic collection!

falcongtho3 07-16-2020 06:28 PM

While this doesn't technically qualify as a diecast, it'll give an idea of what I've been up to during the pandemic. Thanks to John Clor, Donald Farr, and Wolfgang Kohrn for all the help!
https://performance.ford.com/enthusi...car-build.html

HAEG 07-17-2020 08:55 AM

Neat story, nice build on the model. Never heard of such a Mustang although I was raised in a Chevy family so my Ford knowledge is definitely limited. Did I miss it in the story?? Is this vehicle and all tube chassis?

I am looking to make a plastic model of an old car we have. I've purchased the main body of the model but still need several items, any leads on a modern GM truck with an LS motor in it? And I'm in need of a turbo and piping which may just require manufacturing my own pieces unless anyone has some model suggestions. The twist on mine is taking a nice model and making it look old and crusty.. I'll need to bend the front fender a bit and make rust holes...

Mach351 07-17-2020 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by falcongtho3 (Post 1636472)
While this doesn't technically qualify as a diecast, it'll give an idea of what I've been up to during the pandemic. Thanks to John Clor, Donald Farr, and Wolfgang Kohrn for all the help!
https://performance.ford.com/enthusi...car-build.html

Very nice!
Those are some mad painting skills for a model.
In a different life-time, I built many 1:24 scale models and could never get that good.

falcongtho3 07-17-2020 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HAEG (Post 1636473)
Neat story, nice build on the model. Never heard of such a Mustang although I was raised in a Chevy family so my Ford knowledge is definitely limited. Did I miss it in the story?? Is this vehicle and all tube chassis?

I am looking to make a plastic model of an old car we have. I've purchased the main body of the model but still need several items, any leads on a modern GM truck with an LS motor in it? And I'm in need of a turbo and piping which may just require manufacturing my own pieces unless anyone has some model suggestions. The twist on mine is taking a nice model and making it look old and crusty.. I'll need to bend the front fender a bit and make rust holes...

Being the long time Mustanger I am, I've known the story for many, many years. It's been forgotten by most and never known by many more, even though it's been seen by so many. As far as getting parts together to crash build almost anything you want, there are an insane amount of parts on ebay. I was able to score a 427 8V for a Fairlane that I'm working on, as well as a set of Keystone Klassic wheels for the same build. I'm going to do a replica of the '69 Dyon Don Cougar Super Cat and I found a correct air cleaner and a set of correct reproduction decals, so if you do want to do something like you're talking about do some searching. You'll be surprised what's out there. I've got another super secret build in process now, and it's another one I'm excited about.
The actual Boss that Dearborn Steel Tubing built was sold as a body in white that started life as an R code SCJ Mach 1, so it wasn't sold as a tube framed racer.

falcongtho3 07-17-2020 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mach351 (Post 1636477)
Very nice!
Those are some mad painting skills for a model.
In a different life-time, I built many 1:24 scale models and could never get that good.

Much thanks. Don't think any of it was easy. That hood ate my lunch! But if it was easy, it wouldn't be what it was. Searching for the correct pieces to make it right, then making at come together, literally, was part of the satisfaction. I've got a Fairlane drag car I'm working on that is killing me on the body paint right now. I may have to completely strip it down to nothing, but it's all part of the process.

ab_mach1 07-19-2020 02:25 PM

Man, that’s really awesome! Nice work, very nice detail.

falcongtho3 07-20-2020 07:34 AM

Many thanks to all of you for all the kind words.
Here's a link to a photo of the car as it was raced, but before the flares were added:
https://www.pbase.com/mwphoto/image/24552920

falcongtho3 07-29-2020 09:22 PM

4 Attachment(s)
So, I decided to fire up my next project-in-line, actually the project after the next project as the next one was kicking my behind in the paint department.
First you start with the closest kit you can get your hands on.
Then you realize the car youre building needs to have a shaker and hood pins.
After that you carefully (sort of) cut hood pin holes in the hood.
And then you make a template for the hole in the hood for the shaker and cut, slowly and carefully...

falcongtho3 07-30-2020 08:58 PM

5 Attachment(s)
So, once to get the interior straight, and then engine built, the sub assemblies start coming together. At that point you realize someone who knows nothing about Mustangs designed the turn signals to look like aftermarket fog lamps. You have to cut those out and graft correct front lamps from a donor car or fabricate them from something that at least resembles the actual light.

Bill Hamilton 07-30-2020 09:19 PM

1 Attachment(s)
. . . . and here's the full-size subject of FalconGTHO3's modeling skills. He needs to do this professionally as he's nailed it again. :smokin:

falcongtho3 07-31-2020 07:18 AM

Thanks, Bill. And from the sound of things, maybe I should have used nails instead of glue...

:31:

:eyes:

falcongtho3 08-03-2020 08:51 PM

5 Attachment(s)
More images from the build and the final product...

(Yes, that's the car hanging by a thread over my sink)
(My favorite shot is it sitting in the kitchen window baking the decals on. The hood stripe still not representative since it still has the engine call outs)
(And yes, I realized too late Bills car does not have louvers. But it should)

ab_mach1 08-04-2020 01:16 PM

Man, that looks great! :hail1: