2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club

2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/index.php)
-   Exhaust System (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=68)
-   -   Header install guide? (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/showthread.php?t=33616)

mach1metalhead 03-13-2008 02:53 PM

Re: Header install guide?

as one other person asked, does anyone know which headers will fit on autos?

also, i'm curious, what's the difference in flow between LTs and which ever (shorties or mids) are the same length as stock?

(i either want LTs or stock length as my exhaust is currently set up to take either, but i don't wanna buy more piping to make the other setup work)

ArcAngel 10-25-2009 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Orange whip 04 (Post 348604)
And just how often is some one going to drive at 6800 rpm, esp for the average joe blow street driver? Is it really really worth it? Can you justifie the time and money to adjust your driving to always drive at 6800 rpm? and that is if your engine will stay together all the time you take it that far all the time.

So what mods do you have? I dont see a problem with the person doing what he wants to his car. What makes you such an expert?

Scott McClure 10-25-2009 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArcAngel (Post 1216045)
So what mods do you have? I dont see a problem with the person doing what he wants to his car. What makes you such an expert?

Your quoting someone from over four years ago. Get a clue.:rolleyes:

2001asp 12-20-2009 09:12 AM

I just finished installing my Kooks L/T headers and UPR K member kit. I have not had time to dyno her yet but I did feel a bunch more power already. My first dyno tune was 2 years ago with all the other mods in my sig minus the Headers and I put down 318.8RWHP and 335RWTQ with the knock sensors off....I can't wait for this new tune...

04Mach1FTW 05-29-2010 11:37 PM

Just figured id share my personal info from the header install on my car. I used AmericanMuscle.com for instructions, and was satisfied, but not impressed. You dont need to unbolt the AC pump as they said, and they wanted you to jack the motor from the oil pan, which works, untill you put a nice dent in it :( Their illistrations are not accurate for how high the car needs to be. I had mine with the front tires about 4 or 5 inches off the ground, NOT ENOUGH. Dropping the K member was a ***** because the car was so low, and it was hard to get it out with the steering rack hanging from the sway bar as they said to do it. Also, the oil dipstick in my case, would NOT come out. I eneded up using vice grips and a massive dent in the dip stick to get it out. And finally, the socket sizes were not all exact, I think I found 1-2 incorrect sizes, which could lead to stripped bolt heads. I ended up beeing cheap, I used the factory studs and nuts again, but one had to be shortened. I also used NEW stock Ford gaskets. Im glad it was a sorce though, and the illistrations right or wrong were very helpfull. Without several road blocks not due to the instructions, it took me on my own around 20 hours. Of course I needed a second hand on the K member drop and install. The biggest pain was one of the top passenger side header bolts.
Im glad I did it, it was not too hard, but time consuming. It sounds great and was well worth it.

jledesma 06-01-2010 03:43 AM

Old thread but want to know if Kooks LT will fit with an auto trans Mach!
Or American Racing is choice B.
Any thoughts or comments appreciated.

ASH302 06-01-2010 04:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jledesma (Post 1287405)
Old thread but want to know if Kooks LT will fit with an auto trans Mach!
Or American Racing is choice B.
Any thoughts or comments appreciated.

http://www.lethalperformance.com/exh...4_375_749_2576

here is some different set ups with kooks, i was looking threw there and it didn't have anything different from auto to 5 speed so i don't know for sure. might want to call them or kooks to ask. i'm sure someone on here will know for sure