2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club

2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/index.php)
-   Tuning & Dyno Testing/Results (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Predator revisions and timing PART DEUX (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/showthread.php?t=27957)

shadowone 04-13-2008 09:58 AM

Re: Predator revisions and timing PART DEUX

my mods are posted in my sig. after reading all this i have a few questions. where do you go in the tuner to turn off the knock sensor? and i have been told for every 1% of timing you had to add 2% of fuel is this accurate??? i guess i dont understand exactly what yall are talking about. i know i need to just take it to a dyno but how much fuel and timing can i add and still be safe??? to give you more input this is a weekend cruiser only not a dd and i only run 93 octane in it all the time. avg temp and humidty in south ga this time of year will be 85F-90F and around 75-80%humidty

SHAKEN 04-13-2008 05:59 PM

You need a wideband o2 controller and some type of data logger. The tune is for 93 octane.

shadowone 04-13-2008 06:31 PM

i guess i dont understand how much different one car to another is. what are yall running fuel/timing. whats safe? without having to buy a data logger and a/f. i just want a lil more than the out of the box tune not the best i can get. atleast for now

SHAKEN 04-13-2008 07:07 PM

Yeah I messed with mine with out a wideband. Installed the tune had slight spark knock added fuel to get rid of it. Lowered timing took away fuel etc...
Then I installed my wideband and data logger took all the geuss work out of it. Got the a/f dialed in. Since I run 94 octane I bumped up the timing, data logging with the Predator. Your not getting alot more power you just know it is as good as it gets with a hand tuner.

shadowone 04-13-2008 10:21 PM

yea i understand that about as good as it gets. whats an average fuel and timing adjustment.

SHAKEN 04-13-2008 11:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shadowone (Post 980578)
yea i understand that about as good as it gets. whats an average fuel and timing adjustment.

Used the canned tune and dont adjust timing or fuel the would be your safest average if you experience detonation retard 5%-10% which would be about a degree or two.

shadowone 04-14-2008 10:18 PM

what about wat ive heard about being safe if you add 2% of fuel for every 1% of timing???

SHAKEN 04-15-2008 12:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shadowone (Post 981078)
what about wat ive heard about being safe if you add 2% of fuel for every 1% of timing???

No your car will run rich @ wot