2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club

2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/index.php)
-   Mach 1 Specific Event(s) (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   45th Mustang Anniversary - OFFICIAL THREAD - 4/16-4/19/09 (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/showthread.php?t=73835)

redhorse 07-10-2008 06:35 AM

Re: 45th Mustang Anniversary - OFFICIAL THREAD - 4/16-4/19/09

A couple of inputs, because of space as of now only 250 cars will be judged but this is still up in the air. The figure of only 2250 cars being allowed on sight is also still up in the air. As far as a registration form, we haven't even started on that yet. The lady who will be doing registration here has not created the application yet. We will be meeting with Ford in the next couple of weeks.

falcongtho3 07-10-2008 07:49 AM

Redhorse, if you go back to the IMBOC link a few posts back it gives you a download of what appears to be a very official looking registration form. It lists events, prices, official hotels and the figures I'd mentioned. It list a mailing address to send your money to as well. Might want to give it a look, and if there is a problem with it, then it's somethign we need to address if it is not a legit piece. I'm trying to get my MCA membership striaght now, and get my hotel on board so I can finalize my reservations. This is obviously going to be one popular event!

:borg:

03mach69mach 07-10-2008 08:01 AM

I think that the requirement to be or join MCA will limit the numbers, which in my opinion, is a mistake. The great thing about these events in the past was the vast participation and the great numbers of cars that attended. Because this is a celebration of the birth of our great car Marquee, I would think that it would be open to all who wanted to come and bring a car (club oriented or not). I am surprised that Ford would agree to have this as a limitation.

Are the max numbers because of space limitations at Barber?

03mach1 07-10-2008 08:05 AM

I think Should be open to ALL mustang owners, weather they belong to MCA or NOT. Maybe they want to get the membership up, I think We have more members then they do.

falcongtho3 07-10-2008 08:36 AM

Barber has a huge space for cars, more than what they seem to be limiting to. Oddly enough, the MCA membership requirement wasn't there for the MCA 30th event at Barber. Odd that it would be in place now.
MCA does seem to be on a memebrship hunt. They had a deal for local club members to join at a reduced rate, but this did not hold for existing or previous members.
I do agree with Dave that it should be open to anyone who hold the keys to a Mustang. Besides, it would only make more money for MCA...not that they're in it for the money...:23: :butt:

yellow bird 07-10-2008 08:55 AM

Assuming that the registration form on the IMBOC is correct, and it is a legitimate form, MCA membership is only required to participate in the Open Track Events (which will be an additional fee). The "Car Shows" only limitation is the judged car class of 250.

For reference, the MCA's membership total is now 10,958.

falcongtho3 07-10-2008 09:34 AM

Upon re-reading the form, you're right about MCA membership being required only for the track events. I'm very curious what the 4 classes are. We (Dave, Bill, myself, and a number of others) went for the parade laps at the MCA 30th, and those were a ball with little stress to the cars. Some of the other more agressive classes did spend a bit of time in off-road mode.
Reading the details about the classes for participant and judged cars, it seems that passes are required for entry. Again, nothing I've even encountered at any Mustang show in the past.

I'd like to start getting some feedback from those intending on going as far as the:
Thursday Evening Cruise
Saturday Evening Ford event
Track Event (pending levels available)
Friday night get together

And we do apparently have more registered members than they do...over 11,000

yellow bird 07-10-2008 10:38 AM

CORRECTION

Just checked with someone from MCA. It is a requirement that you have to belong to MCA to participate in the car show AND/OR the open track event. However, if you join MCA you will get all of the benefits plus a really neat monthly magazine. If you are already an MCA member, you can save $40 on the registration totals.

The IBMOC website form is not a hoax, but the revised form is contained in the following link and will be on the MCA website soon:
m45 0808 mt p.pdf (application/pdf)

Regarding the Open Track Events, the classes range from "A" to "D". They are based on previous track experience. Class "D" is the novice class.

falcongtho3 07-10-2008 10:41 AM

Thanks for the update. I'm still waiting for my packet to show up from MCA.

I was also hoping they would do parade laps on Sunday like they did for the MCA 30th to accomidate those of us who'd like to put it on the track at reasonable speeds and not worry about competitive issues. Even though they were only about 70 (or so) MPH, it was a ball for all who participated.

03mach69mach 07-10-2008 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 03mach1 (Post 1018011)
I think Should be open to ALL mustang owners, weather they belong to MCA or NOT. Maybe they want to get the membership up, I think We have more members then they do.

Preach on.

02mach1 07-10-2008 01:34 PM

I already sent in my 45th Anniv form in for the show to be judge,

HAEG 07-10-2008 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by falcongtho3 (Post 1018035)
Upon re-reading the form, you're right about MCA membership being required only for the track events. I'm very curious what the 4 classes are. We (Dave, Bill, myself, and a number of others) went for the parade laps at the MCA 30th, and those were a ball with little stress to the cars. Some of the other more agressive classes did spend a bit of time in off-road mode.
Reading the details about the classes for participant and judged cars, it seems that passes are required for entry. Again, nothing I've even encountered at any Mustang show in the past.

I'd like to start getting some feedback from those intending on going as far as the:
Thursday Evening Cruise
Saturday Evening Ford event
Track Event (pending levels available)
Friday night get together

And we do apparently have more registered members than they do...over 11,000

I am really interested in the open track deal, thats what really got me interested was seeing the pictures of you guys on the track. Of course parking in the show field together and hanging out at night with everyone from the registry is what I look forward to as well.
Will we be able to park together as a club?
I am planning on being there with my Mach1, and of course taking tons of pictures. I was so disappointed I missed this last time, unless gas is $10.00 a gallon I will be there.

falcongtho3 07-10-2008 05:20 PM

I think Dave is trying to work with MCA on getting us all together. We were able to do it at the MCA 30th, so I don't see why it couldn't be done. Being as it will be the 40th Anniv. of the Mach 1 (although that has not been put into any publications or announcememnt I've seen), I'm hoping they'll go the extra mile and do something special in that regard.

Looks like I'm now an MCA member. My card and decals go there today, so I'm hoping it's all downhill from there.

Tony Alonso 07-10-2008 10:48 PM

There will be more planning to arrange for a series of group activities and for us to be together. I am also speaking with IMBOC planning representatives about joint activities.

Thanks to those who have posted the latest on the registration form and the events.

Ideas are welcome!

PS to John - Any word from the other hotel?

CMEmach1 07-11-2008 12:06 AM

I'm glad the form is real....I sent my registration in this past Monday. I also checked the box for the info on the open track info. I'll let you know if and when I get it. Haeg, there isn't any way to describe the feeling of being out on the track at speed. You gota try it to understand!

falcongtho3 07-11-2008 07:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tony Alonso (Post 1018365)
PS to John - Any word from the other hotel?

Not as of yet. I called twice, and have emailed them, but after the initial response (whise is posted elsewhere in this thread) I have heard nothing. I did ask them to re-evaluate their rates in light of what the Quality Inn is charging. I'll post up as soon as I hear back from them.

Bill Hamilton 07-11-2008 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by falcongtho3 (Post 1018464)
Not as of yet. I called twice, and have emailed them, but after the initial response (whise is posted elsewhere in this thread) I have heard nothing. I did ask them to re-evaluate their rates in light of what the Quality Inn is charging. I'll post up as soon as I hear back from them.

While I did enjoy that hotel last time, I went with up the hill with Quality Inn this time. Couldn't beat their rate. :3amin:

HAEG 07-11-2008 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CMEmach1 (Post 1018405)
Haeg, there isn't any way to describe the feeling of being out on the track at speed. You gotta try it to understand!

It looks really cool. Have never had the chance to do so, so I want to do it. But the added bonus of all the Machs in a row is cool too. Making every effort to be their. Saving starts after my vacation this October. Hey do they make you wear a helmet, should I bring one, if so open face or closed. Closed is prolly a little less scary, for every one else. :claus:

Haeg

CMEmach1 07-11-2008 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bill Hamilton (Post 1018522)
While I did enjoy that hotel last time, I went with up the hill with Quality Inn this time. Couldn't beat their rate. :3amin:

Yes Bill you can't beat the rate at the Quality Inn.......if you get a chance check out their "Mature Traveler" rate. It's even lower!

falcongtho3 07-11-2008 07:30 PM

Finally got in touch with whom I needed to get in touch with. She got us a rate of $109.95/night. Use company name: 'Mach 1'. Might have been able to do a little better if I could have given her a specific number of rooms to block off.
I've got my reservations, as well as my MCA membership. Now, all that's left is to get registered for the show and the MAA cruise. A number of our local Mustangers plan on meeting up in Jackson, MS. with the event.

More hotel details:
http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/ex/...questid=507454

CMEmach1 07-11-2008 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HAEG (Post 1018563)
It looks really cool. Have never had the chance to do so, so I want to do it. But the added bonus of all the Machs in a row is cool too. Making every effort to be their. Saving starts after my vacation this October. Hey do they make you wear a helmet, should I bring one, if so open face or closed. Closed is prolly a little less scary, for every one else. :claus:

Haeg

Yes, a helmet is required. You have to register and request the open track info. Then you register for the open track event. It is normally run by another group. They do an EXCELLENT job! The helmet must be a current Snell approved model with the Snell certification sticker in it. Open or full face is up to you. There is also a full tech inspection. A lot of the guy's doing the inspections are from the local SCCA clubs as well as being MCA members. When you get thru the tech inspection you get a windshield # designating the class you are in and your car's #. There is a Drivers meeting the morning of the day you are going to be driving in the open track event. The classes are "D" novice, "C" some track exp. or race school, "B" more track exp. and maybe several schools and "A" basically all out race. They tell you the speeds will be limited but in my exp. by the afternoon they aren't checking speed anymore. You will know if you screw up...they start waving black flags at you on every corner. Barber is a beautiful track! and it is hard to get much more than 110mph down the straight. Oh, another thing....at Barber they run clockwise. I think that's from Europe....in the USA we run counter clockwise. If you love to try your skills at runnin the corners ....Go For It!

falcongtho3 07-11-2008 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HAEG (Post 1018563)
Hey do they make you wear a helmet, should I bring one, if so open face or closed. Closed is prolly a little less scary, for every one else. :claus:

Haeg

One of US did bring a helmet, and got made fun of. I'll bring it again if it's required. But remember, we were running pace laps at much lower speeds than the quicker competition sytle laps that were run the first two days.
(There is a reason I brought the helmet, but the Ford GT I was supposed to go out in was a no show. So, I figured if I brought it, I may as well use it. Besides, it made the photos of me LOOK faster! )
I'm hoping they do the pace laps again for Sunday. I'd love to see a gang of Machs out on the track...and maybe a WIP car to lead us out...

yellow bird 07-12-2008 05:06 PM

Thanks to CME mach1 for a nice summary of the open track requirements. Note that DOT certification, or a motorcycle helmet, will not satisfy their requirements. You will need a Snell 2005, or perhaps 2000.

In addition, you need a fire extinguisher in the cockpit, which can be strapped in.

Open track experience is a lot of fun for novices as well as experts.

HAEG 07-13-2008 08:08 PM

Well first does the Mach1 group go out in any of the race classes, or is that just slow lapping? And then is the racing seperate from that?

HAEG 07-13-2008 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yellow bird (Post 1018961)
Thanks to CME mach1 for a nice summary of the open track requirements. Note that DOT certification, or a motorcycle helmet, will not satisfy their requirements. You will need a Snell 2005, or perhaps 2000.

In addition, you need a fire extinguisher in the cockpit, which can be strapped in.

Open track experience is a lot of fun for novices as well as experts.

I have a current snell 2005 open face helmet for drag racing.
I will need a fire extinguisher too? Has to be mounted/ strapped in?
What grade or type, any idea?
Do you know if any passengers allowed?