2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club

2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Registry Discussion (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   NFL Football Thread (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/showthread.php?t=84561)

acreature 12-30-2008 04:07 PM

Re: NFL Football Thread

Quote:

Originally Posted by fiveliter (Post 1090300)
Where are they holding the Cowboy's victory parade this year? :23:

At your Mom's house! Badda Bing! :23: j/k

fiveliter 12-30-2008 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aneurism (Post 1090305)
At your Mom's house! Badda Bing! :23: j/k

Well played, sir!!!

np_mach1 12-30-2008 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 02mach1 (Post 1090289)
Steelers is more is of America Team everywhere Steelers play there's more Steelers fans at games away games then Cowboy fans at the games they play at.

I agree and ESPN did their own survey to back up this claim.

Quote:

Originally Posted by gbranton (Post 1090291)
So you don't have his jersey in your collection?

:23:

bris09 12-30-2008 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 04VAMach1 (Post 1090274)
As a Skins fan, it is my duty to bash the Boys at every opportunity. :23:

+1, it is my duty to bash all other teams in the division. Oh, how it pains me to use those free Beagles tickets I get from time to time and boy do they hate me wearing a Redskins jersey.

JDraper 12-30-2008 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bris09 (Post 1090401)
+1, it is my duty to bash all other teams in the division. Oh, how it pains me to use those free Beagles tickets I get from time to time and boy do they hate me wearing a Redskins jersey.

Hey Brian!!!

Here's one for the Pigskins....

:butt:

j/k :claus:

bris09 12-30-2008 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JDraper (Post 1090413)

Hey Brian!!!

Here's one for the Pigskins....

:butt:

j/k :claus:

No problem, I'm just waiting to see McNabb throw up on the field again.

gbranton 12-30-2008 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bris09 (Post 1090424)
No problem, I'm just waiting to see McNabb throw up on the field again.

I don't know if that was Campbell's but it was chunky.

65fastback2+2 12-30-2008 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gbranton (Post 1090271)
As for the bashing, I think (hope) it's all in good fun and that grownups can talk about something like football without it causing anyone any serious heartburn. It's true that I don't care for the Cowboys, I've explained why and most of my bashing is directed at one person here (you know who you are) who seems to take it pretty well. Having said that, I think it's ok to be a Cowboys fan, just be realistic about your team instead of a myopic "We're gonna win every Superbowl every played and we are the best team ever!!!!" attitude and I will have respect for you and your views.

well...i like to annoy people, its fun mostly hehe

but, that being said, i started to like the cowboys in 1991 when i was 6 years old. Growing up in houston, my parents were mad i didnt like the home team...yuck = oilers. Emmitt Smith was my favorite. I found my box of cowboys stuff from back in the mid 90's...I think I counted 60 emmitt smith football cards lol. By 1995 we had 3 superbowls...I guess you could say, I grew up in love with one of the winningest dynasties in football history...i grew up my team winning and beating everyone in site...i grew up with my team destroying people in the superbowl. still have my 1995 suberbowl hat hanging on my desk...my emmitt and aikman poster on my wall

i dont watch any other sports, i dont have any other teams, i am a diehard cowboys fan til i die and with the roster and capability this team has...there is no reason why you cant expect them to go to the superbowl....its like having a terminator with a whipple and expecting to beat the lexus sc400....i put up with quincy carter and all the junk the past few years....we have the team and i, as a fan, deserve for them to stinkin play and win! so, of course i am going to say we're going to win the superbowl

02mach1 12-31-2008 01:25 AM

Will the Jets and Cryboys going play Forgot How To Win Bowl:23:

02mach1 12-31-2008 01:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by np_mach1 (Post 1090343)
I agree and ESPN did their own survey to back up this claim.

:23:

We are the STEELER NATION

PrISM 12-31-2008 10:02 AM

No Cowboys and no Patriots in the play-offs? What a great post-season it will be!!

malgieri4 12-31-2008 10:36 AM

:agree:

fiveliter 12-31-2008 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PrISM (Post 1090622)
No Cowboys and no Patriots in the play-offs? What a great post-season it will be!!

Like a breath of fresh air!!! Just plain tired of seeing the Patriots every year. If you guys want to talk about a football dynasty, well the Patriots are it. It took a freak season to keep them home. Who ever heard of an 11-5 team not making the playoffs?

It'll be nice to see some other teams get their shot. ( and I still feel real good about my G-men ).

FordMan 12-31-2008 11:52 AM

Panthers FTW

02mach1 12-31-2008 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FordMan (Post 1090667)
Panthers FTW

The Panthers will win the NFC but not Super Bowl:wings:

ylopony 12-31-2008 02:46 PM

[QUOTE=02mach1;1090289]Steelers is more is of America Team everywhere Steelers play there's more Steelers fans at games away games then Cowboy fans at the games they play at.[/QUOTE

The reason for this is because fans are bandwagon fans. If the Steelers were to have 5 straight years of lousy football that bandwagon would be making a lot of rattling noise with being empty. If a lousy team like the Lions went on a 10 year run like the Patriots have done you'd have a bunch of jump on that wagon fans. The Patriots are an example. My brother has lived in Boston for 21 years and nobody would give two sh**s about the Patriots. It was all Celtics and Red Sox. Heck, even the Bruins came ahead of the Patriots.

**note** this is not an attack on true Steeler fans.

fiveliter 12-31-2008 03:02 PM

The is true for any sports franchise that put together a string of winning seasons. I can remember people wearing Chicago Bulls jerseys in other cities all over the place. Now you can't find one ( except in Chicago ). Most fans are fair weather fans that can't be found when a team is losing. Very few fans ( overall ) are die hards that hang around through the lean years.

acreature 12-31-2008 07:45 PM

That's why I say if you can't watch the game unless they're winning, you are not a fan.

JDraper 12-31-2008 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aneurism (Post 1090872)
That's why I say if you can't watch the game unless they're winning, you are not a fan.

I've been watching the Eagles for the last 40 years or so..win or lose...unfortunately there have been a LOT of losses over the years..Guess that makes me an Eagles fan!!:CHEERS:

04VAMach1 12-31-2008 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aneurism (Post 1090872)

That's not what you said. You were talking about continuing to watch a horrible blow-out with no chance of coming back. That's just like watching pulling bodies out of a car crash. :smack:

acreature 12-31-2008 11:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 04VAMach1 (Post 1090906)
That's not what you said. You were talking about continuing to watch a horrible blow-out with no chance of coming back. That's just like watching pulling bodies out of a car crash. :smack:

Huh?

BTW I do watch those, if not pulling them out myself.

np_mach1 01-01-2009 08:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ylopony (Post 1090734)
[
**note** this is not an attack on true Steeler fans.

I can't speak for everyone, but I have pics when I was a coming out of the hospital wearing a steelers onesythingy (not sure what they are called but they clip on the bottom) I just got a signed Lloyd jersey for christmas that has JUST PLAIN NASTY on one of the numbers (that is ****ing awsome!) and as a young person I liked Bubby Brister :23: I've been there in the hard times...

Now I can say that there are a lot of Steelers fans who had to move out of that area of the country so they could get jobs and not work in the coal or steel mines.

Once a Steelers fan always a fan. I haven't seen many more loyal.

02mach1 01-01-2009 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by np_mach1 (Post 1091016)
I can't speak for everyone, but I have pics when I was a coming out of the hospital wearing a steelers onesythingy (not sure what they are called but they clip on the bottom) I just got a signed Lloyd jersey for christmas that has JUST PLAIN NASTY on one of the numbers (that is ****ing awsome!) and as a young person I liked Bubby Brister :23: I've been there in the hard times...

Now I can say that there are a lot of Steelers fans who had to move out of that area of the country so they could get jobs and not work in the coal or steel mines.

Once a Steelers fan always a fan. I haven't seen many more loyal.

Very will said, take look on www.myspace.com how many Steelers fan sites is on myspace best one is www.Steelcitymafia.com they have Steelers fans worldwide:mrt:

np_mach1 01-01-2009 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 02mach1 (Post 1091093)
Very will said, take look on www.myspace.com how many Steelers fan sites is on myspace best one is www.Steelcitymafia.com they have Steelers fans worldwide:mrt:

Thanks!

Black and Gold every where :3amin:

b3warnick 01-02-2009 12:00 AM

Here's another:

http://www.steelernation.com/