2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club

2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Registry Discussion (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   NASCAR thread (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/showthread.php?t=55315)

FEARED 05-30-2007 12:23 PM

Re: NASCAR thread

Quote:

Originally Posted by falcongtho3 (Post 802665)
Worked last week...I used it to hang up a lug nut, and then blow a tire.
Non-believers should stay away from south Louisiana.
Had another one for Jeffey....dropped it around lap 56...
:borg:

LOL... what happens when you set it on fire?:COOL:

falcongtho3 05-30-2007 12:27 PM

Hmmm...hadn't tried that one. May have to try it next weekend...but don't want it to get too out of hand, so I'll keep it next to the toilet...to put it out...

G 05-30-2007 02:42 PM

I hear next year the chase will be 16 cars:

Top 3 Chevy
Top 3 Dodge
Top 3 Ford
Top 3 Toyota
The next 2 in points not included above
2 fan vote wild cards

Thunderbolt 05-30-2007 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by geoffav (Post 802784)

Top 3 Chevy
Top 3 Dodge
Top 3 Ford
Top 3 Toyota
2 fan vote wild cards

I would'nt doubt that. This way it ensures Toyota has some kind of shot at the Cup instead of possibly having to wait 10 years to get into the chase. I knew something like this would come along. Just like when Dodge came back and they could'nt win any races. Nascar gave them an areodynamic edge, so then they started winning. Toyota has the cash, so they'll be kissing their azz alot.

G 05-30-2007 02:54 PM

Kyle Petty still going to work for TNT, 3rd place didn't change his mind on getting out of the car.

I'd prefer to be doing well when getting out of the driver's seat. :CHEERS:

gvervoren 05-30-2007 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by geoffav (Post 802784)

Top 3 Chevy
Top 3 Dodge
Top 3 Ford
Top 3 Toyota
2 fan vote wild cards

Where did you hear this from?

G 05-30-2007 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gvervoren (Post 802903)
Where did you hear this from?

I heard it from Michael Waltrip --- he was drunk at the Hooters again. :eek:

It was something being kicked around on another forum a few days ago. I thought it interesting and very unfair. I hope NASCAR don't hear about it, they would probably like the idea. :o

gvervoren 05-30-2007 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by G (Post 802954)
I heard it from Michael Waltrip --- he was drunk at the Hooters again. :eek:

It was something being kicked around on another forum a few days ago. I thought it interesting and very unfair. I hope NASCAR don't hear about it, they would probably like the idea. :o

I don't think NASCAR itself knows what it likes. They keep changing everything. I can see making the cars safer but they should have never messed with the points system. Maybe more points for the winner but that was all they needed to do. The "chase" shouldn't even exist along with this stupid lucky dog crap. If you want your lap back, EARN IT.

ylopony 05-31-2007 06:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by G (Post 802784)

Top 3 Chevy
Top 3 Dodge
Top 3 Ford
Top 3 Toyota
2 fan vote wild cards

They must have visited M1R and seen all those Jr. and Roush fans whine and cry about how unfair and rigged it is in Nascar because the Hendricks cars keep winning. :23: J/K

I doubt Nascar would be that dumb to do this. They are often dumb in their decisions, but I doubt that dumb. (I hope).

04VAMach1 05-31-2007 08:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ylopony (Post 803193)
They must have visited M1R and seen all those Jr. and Roush fans whine and cry about how unfair and rigged it is in Nascar because the Hendricks cars keep winning. :23: J/K

Actually, the Chevy teams have historically been the best at getting away with bending the rules. The Ford guys always get the stiffer penalties.
Quote:

Originally Posted by ylopony (Post 803193)
I doubt Nascar would be that dumb to do this. They are often dumb in their decisions, but I doubt that dumb. (I hope).

IMO, the Chase is dumb and they did that. They continue to make changes to it since its inception. Since so many big names didn't make it last year, I have no doubt that they will make yet another dumb change to the Chase.

G 05-31-2007 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 04VAMach1 (Post 803216)
Actually, the Chevy teams have historically been the best at getting away with bending the rules. The Ford guys always get the stiffer penalties.

IMO, the Chase is dumb and they did that. They continue to make changes to it since its inception. Since so many big names didn't make it last year, I have no doubt that they will make yet another dumb change to the Chase.

:agree: they seem to have something in mind as a result that escapes me. I don't like these lock ins. The chase is silly and the "top 35 in points" race is total BS. :wall:

Blackpony04 05-31-2007 11:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by G (Post 803469)
:agree: they seem to have something in mind as a result that escapes me. I don't like these lock ins. The chase is silly and the "top 35 in points" race is total BS. :wall:

IMO the top 35 rule isn't a bad one if you remember all the "field fillers" from just a couple of years ago that would run a couple of laps and then retire. I do think those outside the top 35 should qualify separately to give them a fighting chance. With track conditions changing by the minute it would be a bit more fair.

I will also say NASCAR got it right when they limited the past champion's provisional to 6 races! Poor Jarrett! :D

falcongtho3 06-01-2007 09:55 PM

Mikey...QUALIFIED!!!
So did Dale.

(PS, if anyone's been to the Michigan race and has any suggestions please PM me. Thanks in advance)

Thunderbolt 06-01-2007 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by falcongtho3 (Post 803999)
Mikey...QUALIFIED!!!
So did Dale.

(PS, if anyone's been to the Michigan race and has any suggestions please PM me. Thanks in advance)

Turn 3 seats are the highest seats in the place to see from. You can see completely around the whole track. No blind spots. Just sat on my butt and watched the race. No people standing up constantly.

gvervoren 06-01-2007 11:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by falcongtho3 (Post 803999)
Mikey...QUALIFIED!!!
So did Dale.

Miracles do happen!!!!!

ylopony 06-01-2007 11:06 PM

Michigan is an awesome track to watch a race. Anywhere as long as you are above about the 15th row in any turn or grandstand,you will not be dissapointed. You will see the whole track in any turn as long as you are up higher. As mentioned, turn 3 is a very nice location.

I have tickets every year in the center grandstand, section 38, row 28. These seats are awesome. They are after turn four and just beyond the entrance to the pits.

The real problem with Michigan Speedway is getting out of the freaking place. If you wait about 3 hours after the race and then head out it's still going to take you another 3 hours to get to a highway. That is unless you learn some of the back roads and the right parking lot to park in.

Give yourself plenty of time to get in as well. The place gets bottlenecked real quick. Many a first time visitor miss part of the race because they had no idea that most of the way into the speedway is a 2 lane road and thru some small towns with strategically timed lights.

Thunderbolt 06-01-2007 11:21 PM

Camping in the infield or just outside the track. The ONLY true way to see a race. :CHEERS:

falcongtho3 06-02-2007 07:25 AM

Thanks for all the input. I'm thinking seriously about going to Woodward this year and then going to the race on Sunday. I (think I) found tickets in the center just past the start/finish line around row 12. Seems like a pretty good spot. Never been to a NASCAR race in person and figure this would be a good cap to a car filled weekend. Probably going to stay around Troy, Mi. from the maps and info I've put together so far.

ylopony 06-02-2007 07:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by falcongtho3 (Post 804126)
Thanks for all the input. I'm thinking seriously about going to Woodward this year and then going to the race on Sunday. I (think I) found tickets in the center just past the start/finish line around row 12. Seems like a pretty good spot. Never been to a NASCAR race in person and figure this would be a good cap to a car filled weekend. Probably going to stay around Troy, Mi. from the maps and info I've put together so far.

I did the same thing last year. Went to the Woodward and then to the race on Sunday. It was not my first race to Michigan but it was the families first to a Nascar race.

Like I mentioned, if you do this, give yourself plenty of time to get to the track. In fact I would suggest getting there several hours ahead of time. Michigan is one of the worst tracks to get in and out of. It is literally a racetrack in the middle of nowhere with very few ways in and out. To help pass time, perhaps you can buy a pre race pass where they have meals, drinks, a pit pass and a few other things. It's not cheap , but if you've never been to a race you would enjoy it.

falcongtho3 06-02-2007 07:59 AM

Thanks! I saw the pit passes listed on the ticket website, and I thought about doing that as well. The people who I know that have gone have all said pretty much the same thing about getting there very early (3-4 hours), which I don't have a problem with. I suspect there'll be plenty there to do to fill the time, especially if I get into the pits.

birdman941 06-02-2007 09:58 AM

I spent my 40th birthday at MIS (Aug. 1999) with FME
(Ford Motorsports Enthusiasts) which is sort of a Ford employee racing club.
The track is pretty cool,
but the area surrounding it was a sandy parking lot.
I have also been to Daytona and Charlotte.
I went to several Woodward cruises while at Dearborn.
I knew it was insane
when I saw an Elvis impersonator singing outside a Denny's.

G 06-03-2007 12:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by birdman941 (Post 804158)
I spent my 40th birthday at MIS (Aug. 1999) with FME
(Ford Motorsports Enthusiasts) which is sort of a Ford employee racing club.
The track is pretty cool,
but the area surrounding it was a sandy parking lot.
I have also been to Daytona and Charlotte.
I went to several Woodward cruises while at Dearborn.
I knew it was insane
when I saw an Elvis impersonator singing outside a Denny's.

It could have been the real guy, Denny's is a Elvis kinda place. :D

gvervoren 06-03-2007 01:03 PM

Well, it's not lookin to good for today. It's suppose to rain all day in Dover. It's raining pretty good here in Green Bay too. :(

Azure Blurr 06-03-2007 01:24 PM

Earnhardt to go to Gibbs? Heard he could be signing in the next couple weeks.